CEB

172 candidate interviews

Client Engagement Specialist Interview

Client Engagement Specialist

Interviewed at CEB

Interview Details – CEB's process was not too overwhelming. They flew candidates out for a "meet and greet" the first night, and then most of the next day was spent touring the office and ended with an hour long interview. The people were friendly and it was not too intimidating.

Interview Question – How have you handled negative feedback from clients when making sales calls?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer elsewhere.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at CEB

Interview Details – The first round is a phone screen with a recruiter. Following that there was a online assessment. Afterwards a live meeting with two department directors. The interview format was mostly behavioral based interview questions. Pretty straightforward. The questions are not overly difficult, but they did involve multiple parts, so I found it helpful to write them down.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to determine a customer's interest and buying power? What was your approach/   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – First had an on-campus interview. It was behavior based and the questions were relatively easy ( mostly about my personality, job experience, etc) Then asked some more detailed questions about the job. Then went for a final round interview.

Interview Question – What aspect of the company is most appealing to you?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CEB in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed through my campus career center. Before going in for the interview, I had to complete an online personality inventory and an online IQ type test that involved identifying patterns in shapes. Then two sixty-minute interviews. Fit interview was fine - typical fit questions and a lot of behavioral questions. Case interview question was apparently the same as every other analyst's.

I suppose then they choose who they want to make an offer to. I wouldn't know, as it's been over a month since I initially interviewed and they STILL haven't given me a final answer. About two weeks after the interview they sent me an email saying they wanted to continue considering me and were "ironing out logistical details" around offers and hoped to make a final decision in the next few weeks (that was a month ago). Two weeks after that, they sent me another email apologizing for the delay and saying they're still interested in considering me. I haven't heard from them since. In response to their first email a month ago, I replied and said I had a decision deadline and asked if it would be possible to get an answer by the deadline. No one even bothered to answer that email of mine. My interviewers were nice, but this process is putting a very negative taste in my mouth. I understand that I'm not their first choice, but it seems rather inconsiderate to take this long to give me an answer; I have interviewed with other small firms and they've made their decisions much faster.

Interview Question – We've developed a new brand of eyedrops that can cure nearsightedness for 30 days. Produce a price point, market size, and go to market strategy for our new product.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Business Development Associate

Interviewed at CEB

Interview Details – Applied through school recruiting, couldn't make the scheduled on-campus time, so had to reschedule for a phone interview. Very basic behavioral questions. Lots surrounding customer-service, sales, etc. I sent a thank you email, but never heard back. They never even got back to me about not continuing on the process. I had to email them (a month or so later - I know, very late, but the position wasn't right for after learning more about it).

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you had to sell a product to someone.   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview - basic behavioral questions
2. Written assessment - taken online
3. Final Round Interview - in person in DC office. Behavioral

Interview Question – EVERY question is specifically about sales experience in the behavioral interviews, very difficult to answer if you have never had a previous sales position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at CEB

Interview Details – It was a typical interview asking situational questions and about my background.

Interview Question – What are some problems that you see yourself running into with this position?   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – Through campus recruiting, once you submit your resume and receive an interview, you have to take an online behavioral and personality test. After that (you don't have to pass), you have a case and behavioral interview

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to work in a team to solve a complex problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate

Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – Sent in my resume via college. Was notified that I got an interview but had to take a (IQ) test first. 2 CEB employees/alumni of my college (both very awkward, lacked social skills) came to my college's career center to hold the interviews. It was one round - 30 minutes about my resume and research experience, 30 minutes of a case study.

Interview Question – Don't be afraid to ask for specific information during the case study. I relied on my mental calculator and after awhile the interviewer told me he would give me the numbers I wanted if I just asked.   Answer Question

Account Manager Associate Interview

Account Manager Associate

Interviewed at CEB

Interview Details – Applied online then had a short call with HR for screening purposes. From there I completed two online assessments and went on-site for a final interview. The first was a behavioral interview and then a case study interview with various team members.

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!