CEB

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.9

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Pretty standard interview process. Behavioral questions and walk through of my resume. I applied online in about September, got contacted in late November/early December to do a phone interview. Following this there was a critical reasoning online test and a personality test. Last, there was a 2 person Skype interview. Overall, supportive process, no questions that were out of the blue or too challenging.

Interview Questions
    Not really any negotiation.

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

The process was pretty stress-free. I applied through my school and a recruiter reached out to me shortly after. I had a phone interview with her and a couple weeks later she informed me that I would be moving on to the final round. The final round was set in Chicago, IL with 4 other students (they hold multiple rounds like these throughout the year). There were several presentations...I walked out of there knowing so much more about the company than I did walking in. Everyone is extremely nice; most BDAs are straight out of college. I then had my behavioral interview with one of the managers and a recruiter. They were very nice as well. It was basic behavioral questions, nothing too hard. Just be confident in yourself, know why you want the position and why you want to work at CEB.

Interview Questions
    • "Give me a time when a manager came to you for a project. Why do you think they came to you for that specific project? What did you do?"   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Business Development Associate Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB.

Submitted my resume and cover letter through my university's career website. Was notified that I had been invited for a first round interview. Had first round interview on campus with one interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you worked with a diverse team on a project and how did that diversity effect the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Development Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Initial phone interview went great, talked with the recruiter and established a quick and friendly bond. Quickly completed the assessment after the phone interview, returned it to my recruiter and was contacted within 2 days about being flown out for a final round interview. Final round was not as planned, was supposed to be a panel interview with 2 individuals and only one showed up, and did not address the absence until I asked about it. Behavioral interviews are difficult and I prepped well, but I wasn't asked questions like "why do you want to work here?" or other simplistic questions that I expected. Went straight into the behavioral questions after a bit of small talk.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to understand someone's values in order to sell them on something.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CEB in November 2014.

Applied online, they then sent me a personality assessment. I then had a behavioral phone interview where I was asked just 3 behavioral questions. They wanted me to answer the questions using the CAR process.

Strategic Research Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CEB in October 2010.

Phone interview with talent management, standard rounds of in person interviews with people at your and the next two tiers of authority, usually placed both in your prospective program and closely related programs, condensed into a single day

Interview Questions
    I got a call, I emailed with a counter, counter was accepted.

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2014.

Initially contacted by CEB after a current employee referred me to the position. Campus recruiter contacted me by email and arranged a phone interview and gave me a link to an online behavioral test and critical thinking test.
    Phone interview was with the campus recruiter, went well, and she asked basic questions about resume and told me about the company and the position. The recruiter also asked three relatively simple behavioral questions using the STAR method and then gave me time for questions. She then told me that I would hear from her the next day about scheduling a webcam interview.
    She did contact me and told me to email a scheduler with my availability over the next two weeks for a 45-60 minute behavioral interview with two hiring managers via video. She also told me when I received the email regarding the time of the interview I would also receive a link to completing an "Accomplishment Record" at least four business days before my interview. I received an email on Friday that my interview was on Tuesday--only two business days prior, and never received any information regarding the accomplishment record.
    The webcam interview instructions told me to log into a hiring solutions website but also to dial in a number via my phone. I did so 10 minutes before my interview, and waited for half an hour for the interviewers to show up--20 minutes after the interview was supposed to start. The interviewers told me they had technical difficulties, but did not apologize for my wait. One interviewer was using the webcam and another simply on the phone, so I had to talk with my phone while also on the webcam--a very awkward process. The interview began with basic information about the interviewers and then switched to me telling them about my resume. After this, they gave me 5 behavioral questions (some of which I had answered with the campus recruiter) and told me they wanted responses via the STAR method. Some of the questions were not pertinent to my experiences and were strictly tailored, looking for specific answers. The interviewers then allowed me time to ask questions, and then the interview ended.
    A week after the interview I received an email that the company was moving on with other candidates. I had a positive experience working with the campus recruiter, but did not particularly enjoy my interview with the two hiring managers due to their tardiness and occasional bluntness.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time working in a diverse group helped you learn?   Answer Question

BDX (Specialist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holborn, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holborn, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

They are not at all honest during this process. The exaggerate the learning curve, responsibility, progression opportunity and commission.They like to give under qualified people totally overblown job titles. If you are interviewing as an external candidate with experience, the 'Director' that you are partnered with may have less experience or education than you.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions asked by them. Just make sure that you are asking the right questions according to your own needs, and make sure that you are getting full answers to them. Do not assume anything to be the case without clarifying.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as they have specific pay grades that apply to every level.

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2014.

First interview was a standard behavioral interview. Final Round interview was a video call interview that was also a behavioral interview.They usually get back to you within the week. Preparing for this interview is pretty standard if you read the questions they send you.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are not that hard as long as your prepare,   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CEB in December 2013.

it is a behavioral interview process So if you have the experience and you are able to tell a good story you should be able to get hired. CEBers are a smart group of people

Simple