CEB

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
169 candidate interviews

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – Phone Interview - More than average walk me through your resume etc.; the interviewer asked a few behavioral questions so be ready. 2 Online Assessments, 1 Reading Test and 1 Personality Test. Interview in person with 2 people; easy and casual. Offer extended a little over a week later. Recruiter was helpful and sent a lot of material to help prepare for the interview.

Interview Question – All Behavioral Questions. Go to the Interview Toolkit on their website under the Career section - all of the behavioral questions were on the list. Follow CAR method and practice talking over your answers before the interview. The questions are very detailed/ specific but if you prepare you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Bureau Specialist Interview

Bureau Specialist
West Norwood, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in April 2014.

Interview Details – I began by sending my CV through Reed and received an email a few days later inviting me to complete an online assessment. It was simple really and I got an email saying I has passed the same day. I set up a date and time to have a telephone interviews with the recruiter via email. She called me and was really pleasant to speak with and I got the impression that she understood where I was coming from. I passed the telephone interview and was invited to a competency based interview at the office. I arrived there and everything just didn't seem right to me. The receptionists weren't friendly at all. It was just like standard procedure to them dealing with me and carried on their loud conversation. All but one of the workers didn't smile with me. It's like they were robots and didn't want to be there. I was finally called up to the interview rooms by one of the male managers who was really nice but the other manager look uninterested. She didn't smile and she was looking out the window when I walked into the room. All of this negative energy I picked up didn't make the interview any easier. The main manager was looking at her nails, was hardly giving me eye contact and at one point I saw her rolling her eyes at her colleague while I was talking. I stumbled on nearly all my answers and just felt stupid for even being there. A few days later I received a call telling me what I already knew so it was no surprise. All in all not a good experience at all.

Interview Question – How do you keep up with technology?   View Answer

Business Development/Account Management Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in May 2014.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me within a week or so of submitting my resume to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 30 minutes long. The recruiter conducting the interview was very unenthusiastic and made it seem like I was wasting her time. I'm normally very good with phone interviews by having an upbeat sense of humor and passion for the position, but this woman was not having it. She said she would get back to me within two weeks if I moved on to the second round. It's been over a month and I haven't heard back at all... I was initially very excited for this opportunity. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in the handling of this recruitment process.

Interview Question – "Run me through your resume and experience," mostly behavioral questions, how did you balance you college courses and extracurriculars?   Answer Question

Training Associate Interview

Training Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CEB in June 2011.

Interview Details – The recruitment process was well organized and the communication was thorough. Unfortunately, the actual interview was unorganized and disjointed. It started late. I interviewed with two people but was only told about one. The interviewers seemed to be asking off-the-cuff questions instead of specific interview questions.

Interview Question – They asked technical questions about sales training.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter, online assessment, long 3 hour in person interview with hiring managers. Role play included. Not too difficult however. First part is behavioral questions, then an hour to prepare for role play, then role play and feedback/questions.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Technology Architect Interview

Technology Architect
Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CEB in May 2014.

Interview Details – Scheduled discussion on a Walk-in Interview day. First round of discussion was with Chief technologist and subsequent round was with a Director who never cared about the candidate. Interviwers were never paying any attention (One question was repeated 4 times through out the discussion). The director was stepping out of 20 mins discussion at least 6 times, in addition to the frequent interruptions.

Interview Question – Syntax for JQuery Data binding   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Based on my experience during the interview, I was not really interested to take up the position. I didn't see the human touch more like a Robotic work culture

Executive Advisor - Associate Director Level Interview

Executive Advisor - Associate Director Level

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CEB in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the HR department to schedule a phone interview, then a few weeks later I was asked to come on site for a behavioral interview and an audition. The audition consisted of a script based on a study / research and I was asked to read it then, the 2 interviewers asked me questions to make sure I understood the concept of the study. I was pretty surprised about the nature of the interview process. People at CEB were very gracious and friendly and did not try to trick me. After that, I met with senior VP for a very detailed behavioral interview. The person asked me a lot of details regarding challenging situations I had faced during my profesional career, mostly involving convincing a client to adopt an idea or selling product.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was to articulate a 10 second sales pitch based on the idea of the script/ study i was given.   Answer Question

Sales Administrator Interview

Sales Administrator
West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in May 2010.

Interview Details – My experience wasn't typical, as I worked at a subsidiary in Suburban Philadelphia. I submitted a cover letter and resume in response to a posting on Monster. A Recruiter called me and gave me information about the company and job. He called later to set up an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was casual and relational. Hiring Manager was friendly and the questions were standard

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary up 15%

Various Interview

Various

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter from CEB via LinikedIn for an initial screening phone interview which went well enough. The recruiter asked for my email to send me links to the positions they felt I should apply for.

The recruiter never sent the email and did not respond to my followup message a couple of days later thanking them for their time and reminding them of my email address.

Interview Question – General background questions about my resume and a quick FYI about the firm   Answer Question

Interviewed at CEB

Interview Details – Was contacted by a head hunter out of California. Applied online they have one of the multi online applications. I spoke with the head hunter a few times and the hr agent from the company was late to call me. Ended up rescheduling the appointment.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were unsatisfied with your level of output and how did you change it to make it work?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at CEB

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB interview questions and advice. All 169 interview reviews posted anonymously by CEB employees and interview candidates.