CEB Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
180 interviews

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Contacted by a recruiter online, then went through a phone screen and interview with them. Was forwarded an online assessment more than once with somewhat confusing log in procedures (their application portal isn't the easiest to use). Never got a confirmation that I successfully completed the assessment and was told I'd hear back at the end of the week about next steps and subsequently didn't. The following week received a stock email that they were moving forward with other candidates which wasn't completely shocking but considering the friendly rapport with the recruiter, I was slightly surprised to not wrap up with them personally. Reached out to say thanks again but never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty standard questions, describe your background/this position, describe working through a difficulty, etc.   Answer Question

Account Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in December 2013.

They first show you around one of the 2 buildings. They then give you a behavioral interview where you are asked multiple questions. Very nice people, great interview process

Interview Questions
    • All questions are related to your work background and how you solve certain problems   Answer Question

Print Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in March 2013.

Received and email and spoke with someone saying I was interviewing for one position, and received an email from someone else in the company that said "Thank you for applying , but we are going forward with other candidates and will keep your information on file." When I emailed both, they said it was a glitch in the system and that I was to come in for my interview. They officially hired me before my background check was cleared but "things could change" and told me I could officially give my notice to my current company. With time winding down, they waited until the last day (exactly two weeks before my start date) to give me the "okay, all clear."

Interview Questions
    • They asked me why I was I was leaving my current company and what I expected to get from the position at CEB.   Answer Question

They also don't offer much in terms of salary and definitely will not negotiate with you. Also, their disorganization left a bad taste in my mouth.

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in September 2013.

fairly easy

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in March 2014.

As others have stated - three steps in the process, an initial interview with a recruiter, completing some online assessments, and then three 1-hour in-person interviews. The in-person interview consisted of a thought question, the standard behavioral interview, and then an exercise where I had to read an article and come up with a predictive model. Everyone was very nice and took the time to answer my questions. The HR process was strange. I was eventually told after many follow-ups on my part that I did well in the interview but they'd already filled the position. I was told to keep in touch in case future positions opened up. It took quite a while for me to get this answer out of HR. As a result, I didn't get a very positive impression of the company. I've not heard wonderful things about the company from others, as well as from the ratings on glassdoor so it's just as well.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Did two phone interviews and then an in person interview. Two phone interviews lasted around 30 minutes each, the in person lasted for about an hour and a half. The in person went very well and I was told to expect a call back within a week. I sent follow up emails to my interviewers thanking them, but never heard anything back. I emailed them, along with my HR contact, a week later but never heard a thing. Pretty rude honestly, I drove 3 hours for the interview and the night before they moved my interview from 3pm to 11am. Frankly I'm glad I didn't get the job but I was still peeved never hearing anything from them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't difficult but they require you to really think in depth about past experiences, and have multiple takeaways from them.   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Typical scenario-based questions as well as resume and experience questions - Interview with 3-5 managers

Interview Questions
    negotiated with HR, was able to get a signing bonus

Business Development Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2013.

Submitted resume, met at career fair and phone interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

two on the phone interviews and an in face interview with 2 of their hiring managers. courteous people on all accounts and the recruiter is flexible and willing to work with you through the entire process

Interview Questions
    • unexpected question was what have you done for a coworker that made their lives easier?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter, one phone interview, invited to their interview day and flown out, then had a day of presentations and at the end a building tour, which they call a job shadow, and a 2:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • how did you determine someone's values and use them as a way to close a sale   Answer Question