CEB Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CEB in November 2014.

Applied online, they then sent me a personality assessment. I then had a behavioral phone interview where I was asked just 3 behavioral questions. They wanted me to answer the questions using the CAR process.

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2014.

Initially contacted by CEB after a current employee referred me to the position. Campus recruiter contacted me by email and arranged a phone interview and gave me a link to an online behavioral test and critical thinking test.
    Phone interview was with the campus recruiter, went well, and she asked basic questions about resume and told me about the company and the position. The recruiter also asked three relatively simple behavioral questions using the STAR method and then gave me time for questions. She then told me that I would hear from her the next day about scheduling a webcam interview.
    She did contact me and told me to email a scheduler with my availability over the next two weeks for a 45-60 minute behavioral interview with two hiring managers via video. She also told me when I received the email regarding the time of the interview I would also receive a link to completing an "Accomplishment Record" at least four business days before my interview. I received an email on Friday that my interview was on Tuesday--only two business days prior, and never received any information regarding the accomplishment record.
    The webcam interview instructions told me to log into a hiring solutions website but also to dial in a number via my phone. I did so 10 minutes before my interview, and waited for half an hour for the interviewers to show up--20 minutes after the interview was supposed to start. The interviewers told me they had technical difficulties, but did not apologize for my wait. One interviewer was using the webcam and another simply on the phone, so I had to talk with my phone while also on the webcam--a very awkward process. The interview began with basic information about the interviewers and then switched to me telling them about my resume. After this, they gave me 5 behavioral questions (some of which I had answered with the campus recruiter) and told me they wanted responses via the STAR method. Some of the questions were not pertinent to my experiences and were strictly tailored, looking for specific answers. The interviewers then allowed me time to ask questions, and then the interview ended.
    A week after the interview I received an email that the company was moving on with other candidates. I had a positive experience working with the campus recruiter, but did not particularly enjoy my interview with the two hiring managers due to their tardiness and occasional bluntness.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time working in a diverse group helped you learn?   Answer Question

Business Development/Account Management Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2014.

The interview process was relatively straight forward. I first had a 30 minute phone screening followed by two assessments (one personality, one analytical) and then was asked to come in for a 2:1 panel interview. The majority of the questions asked for each interview were behavioral (posted on their website via the Interview Toolkit page). Overall, it was a positive experience and the interview was more conversational rather than interrogative. Be sure to come with your prepared experiences in the STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to sell an idea or convince someone to go through with something. (STAR format)   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2014.

First interview was a standard behavioral interview. Final Round interview was a video call interview that was also a behavioral interview.They usually get back to you within the week. Preparing for this interview is pretty standard if you read the questions they send you.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are not that hard as long as your prepare,   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

The interview occured via webcam. There were multiple technical issues that lead to the interview to turn into a phone interview. The questions were very common for a behavioral interview. They have a certain way they want you to answer their questions. They want you to explain the situation, tell them about your actions, and then tell them what the result was. They will often ask rephrasing questions if you don't abide by that format.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CEB.

They had 2 parts to the interview- an hour long behavioral part and an hour long case study. I talked casually with my interviewer for 10 minutes, then she asked 6 straightforward behavioral questions (they care a lot about how you would fit into the company so be prepared to talk about your experiences with other people, your leadership skills, etc) and then I asked questions for the last 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you and someone very different than you had to get along to achieve a higher goal? how did you deal with this problem and were you successful?   View Answer

Account Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Applied online then recieved an initial phone call and was invited to go onsite for second interview. Went for the second interview where there was two rounds, one with my "manager" and the next was with the actual director of the team I would be working with. Notified me be the end of the week .

No Negotiation

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in October 2014.

I applied through my campus career center. The process took about a month. The application itself is your standard resume + cover letter deal. I also met people from CEB at our university's career fair and scheduled a coffee meeting with the recruiter. I think this was really helpful for me in securing an interview, because the company stresses that they hire based on personality as well as resume/GPA. So chatting more with the recruiter let her decide if I would be able to "fit" with the company.

After reviewing resumes, the recruiting team reached out to me and asked me to complete an online assessment as well as for an in-person interview. The assessment had to be completed at some point prior to the interview. The assessment had some math/logic questions and also some aptitude and personality questions to gauge the type of worker that I am. It is very clear that CEB cares about office culture.

There is only one "round" of interviews. This took place on campus. It's an hour-long fit interview followed by an hour-long case interview. The fit is very standard in terms of the types of questions. The case was also pretty easy, compared to most other case interviews I've done. So if you've prepped yourself for the case, you will definitely be fine.

It took CEB about 1.5 weeks to get back to me after the interview, and they invited me to a "welcome day" in their office. The odd thing was that while I was invited to the welcome day about a week in advance, they did not extend a formal offer to me until the day before I flew to the CEB office. I don't know why that's their protocol, it seemed a bit odd to me and to other people whom I know received offers. But I digress--the key takeaway here is that a welcome day does equal an offer, even though they don't tell you at first.

The interviewers were lovely people, and the recruiting team was super helpful. Everyone at CEB clearly cares about what they do and also about the people with whom they work. Each person I met seemed to be genuinely happy. It seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • "Which do you value more: submitting a project/assignment on time, or submitting perfect work?"   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Phone interview with HR rep, then follow up interview at DC office. I was told that the original position I had applied for had been filled and that I was interviewing for a different, similar position. I Interviewed with a senior associate and her manager. Questions were basic and not really tailored to the description of the job, interviewer did not seem very experienced at interviewing. Interviewed on a Friday, was told on Monday that job was filled by another candidate.
    I honestly think the position was filled before I interviewed by that is just my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, basic questions with very little follow up or feed back. Did not really have a good connection with interviewer.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Applied through school. I received an interview a week later. It was a two hour behavioral and case interview. The interview went fine, the questions are pretty usual for a behavioral. The case was fairly straightforward. I was waitlisted for the position. I actually did not like how long it took for me to hear back from them. I was notified that there was interest on their side in two emails over the span of a month. The process did not end up with an offer. The interviewers were very nice and very fair.