CEB Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I was interviewed by two guys in the Sales Department. I didn't have much sales experience at the time, but they were able to provide me with some good guidance on the industry. I did not get a job offer, but I thought the interview went okay and was professionally done.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CEB in February 2015.

Interview

Very heavy on the behavioral side of interviewing. At first my resume was walked through in detail where they asked me about my previous work experience. One the formal interview questions began, I was taken aback on how in-depth they expected answers to be. I was able to answer them, but somebody who has not had quite a bit of experience in a sales role would struggle with some of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you'd sold something to somebody, but they came back with disappointment. What did you tell them, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter followed by an online questionnaire for the first round. The final round was an in person interview with a writing sample. The writing sample was behavior and situational questions. The two people who interviewed me then asked me very similar questions that were in the written sample. I was hoping more for a conversation between peers about my skill set and the company needs. Instead it was more of an on the spot, standardized questioning. Much of which they already knew from my writting sample so I did not really see the point of asking basically the same questions over again. However,the recruiter and interviewers were very nice

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were trying to meet a goal but something happened to prevent you from reaching that goal. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about a week after I applied online through my university's career services job board.
    Basic interview that transitioned from talking about my resume to behavior interview questions.
    I am a senior in college and have not have that much professional experience in sales, but was asked to describe several scenarios involved with previous sales experience.
    My lack of experience probably hurt my chances the most.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which a sale was slipping away. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in February 2015.

Interview

Through my schools career fair. Interview with super nice lady from HR. Asked about prior experiences and asked questions regarding prior work experiences and school group work experiences. Contacted two weeks after first interview to take personality and reading assessment. I did not take the reading assessment as serious as I should have and was not extended a further interview which would have been a skype interview with two supervisors for the position.

Interview Questions

• CAR, STAR model. Tell me about an experience with a diverse group of people. Tell me about and experience where you were able to sell a product because of your advanced knowledge of the product.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at CEB in February 2015.

Interview

I secured my interview through a career fair. The interview was in-person on campus the next day. After that, I had to submit an online application. It consisted of a few more behavioral questions. A few weeks later I was asked to fill out an accomplishment report, explaining three situations that I exhibited performance under certain circumstances. Finally, I had a Skype interview with someone from Arlington. Each step in the process was painless and straight forward. The salary (non-negotiable) was discussed in the first interview, which I very much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• The whole interview process was very largely behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Account Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CEB (Rosslyn, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter after seeing the job posted on my university's career site and within a week I was called about setting up an interview. The interview was pretty easy and they 2 PSMs that interviewed me were great. They asked a series of behavioral and situational questions where I would have to tell them about a problem I had, what I did to fix it, how I overcame the problem, and the outcome. Pretty standard stuff. Very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specifically weird or hard questions.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

Submitted initial CV through campus portal. Was emailed by recruiter a couple of weeks later. Made me complete an online assessment dealing with logic, mathematical, computational, and behavioral question. After completing that, had to go through a behavioral interview with the recruiter. Final round was an hour long behavioral and an hour long case question.

Interview Questions

• Difficult behavioral questions if you are not prepared. Study the CEB ToolKit page. Case question: You work for the government and want to purchase a new fleet of hybrid busses. Answer the following: 1) How much will the new buses cost 2) What should we price the fare at now 3) How do we communicate this new project with the public   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

I applied online and through my school job site in December. Was asked to complete the online assessment and have a 30-45 minute behavioral interview in January. Will have the interview on Wednesday and update questions.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CEB in January 2015.

Interview

I met with CEB at a career fair at school and was told that my resume seemed to align with employees that the company considered for this position. However, I was quickly rejected after applying with no interview. I later got an interview when a friend who was hired recommended me and was requested to fill out an assessment online. The interview was about half an hour and took place over the phone. About half of it was discussing the company and position and answering questions I had. This was followed by about 3 or 4 questions designed to be a behavioral interview. However these were so vague as to be almost unhelpful, especially since they asked to focus on specific instances. My interviewer was nice but it seemed ill-suited for me to sell myself to the company, especially in such a short amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you conduct research.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a current event in the news relating to business and expand on how you understand it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty in a group project.   Answer Question