CEB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – Young interviewers led misguided questions, and were not very professional.

Interview Question – Choose three words that best describe you, and choose one of the three that your co-workers would say BEST describes you   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The first was over the phone with someone in the recruiting department. They called and set up a time to talk within a week of me submitting my resume online. The interviewer was smart and enthusiastic and indicated that she would contact me again if I would be considered for the position. I received a call and came into the office for a second interview. I met with two different people at the interview. They were both very intelligent and prepared. They asked a lot of thought provoking questions and were definitely focused on the behavioral based interview.

Interview Question – They asked me a question about what was the best class I took during college. That threw me off because at the time I had been out of school for over a year and had another job before interviewing for this one and did not anticipate many questions about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a "moving bonus" which helped encourage me to accept this position at the time.

Business Development/Account Management Associate Interview

Business Development/Account Management Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – Worked with recruiter to find opening. Recruiter was very helpful pre and post interview.

Interview Question – General behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Heard good things about the company, received positive impression. Declined for personal reasons.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Management Associate Interview

Account Management Associate
Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in September 2013.

Interview Details – Included initial phone interview which was very conversation including a quick run-down of goals and resume/experience. An online behavioral/decision making assessment was the second step. The interview process concluded with an on-site interview and behavioral interview with two managers. A quick process and efficient interview process.

Interview Question – Make sure to provide supporting answers associated with sales background for the behavioral interview. They are mostly interested in the abilities of interviewers to influence others and provide examples of times you've done so.   Answer Question

Finance Booking Associate Interview

Finance Booking Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted to schedule for a phone interview less than an hour after I applied. The phone interview was pretty standard. The recruiter just went through my resume. She then contacted me the same day to schedule for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by three people. Everybody was professional and the interview was easy. They made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – All questions were basic. No tricks.   Answer Question

BDX Interview

BDX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – I applied through college recruiting and it was a pretty standard experience. Submit resume, see them at career fair, first round on campus interview, final round at their office. Both interviews are behavioral, which can be really great or really difficult depending on who you're interviewed by. Their communication was terrible and without tireless follow up attempts, you probably won't hear back by any deadline they offer. Also, the candidates that they end up picking are unexpected.. they go for the conceited and standoffish personalities.

Interview Question – What steps did you take to increase a technical competency that you were deficient in?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

Interviewed at CEB

Interview Details – I found this opportunity through our on-campus recruitment. Afterwards, I went to a couple recruitment events hosted at my school. The people are very kind and down to earth. They seem capable and passionate about their jobs.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Senior Research Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at CEB in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the online system and the process took about 3 weeks. After the phone interview, I had to do some online assessment tests and then the following week, they invited me to meet with three mangers at their headquarters. One have to be prepared to deal with multiple interviewers with different backgrounds. Everyone was super nice, very friendly and professional. It didn't feel stressful. Overall, quite enjoyable experience. They put a lot of weight on critical thinking, innovative and solid logic, having done some research is also very important, which could be school related as well.

Interview Question – Tell me about an interesting idea or concept ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Practice Support Manager Interview

Practice Support Manager
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – Two hiring managers did a behavioral-based interview. They focus on a key competency per question and they tell you what that is. I was asked to respond with the situation, steps I personally took to address it, and outcome. Both interviewers were welcoming, nice, and professional. They were interested in truly getting to know me and my fit for the role, not on trying to throw me off deliberately.

Interview Question – Can't recall one that was out of left field. They were challenging questions, but nothing that surprised me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was an internal hire, so they offered me less. I was only able to negotiate 5%. External hires get better offers, though this is not a role that can be easily filled by an external hire. The role requires you to have in depth knowledge of all the ins and outs of CEB so external hires don't tend to do well.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for a position online, and within a day or two, someone emailed me about scheduling a phone interview. In this first phone interview, the interviewer suggested I was overqualified for the position I applied for and instead suggested talking with another recruiter about a higher level position. That same day, I heard from the new recruiter and scheduled a phone interview for the other position.

After the 2nd phone interview, they set up in-person interviews with 4 individuals in one day across 2 different positions, to see what would be the best fit. The next morning, they offered me one of the positions. The recruiter got me really excited about the position and was great to work with.

Interview Question – "Teach me how to do something."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a salary that was slightly more than expected, and I was still able to negotiate simply by mentioning my previous earnings.