CEB

173 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – I applied online and was quickly contacted a couple days later to set up a phone screen for that day. That interview quickly went over basic questions about my background and understanding of the position. Immediately afterwards I was e-mailed an invite for a phone interview the next day with the direct hiring manager.

That interview was more in-depth about the position and, specifically, my qualifications. I received an e-mail follow-up just minutes afterwards about coming in the next week to meet with the team. I was also e-mailed an online skills assessment while simultaneously scheduled for an in-person interview. I had the option of doing the assessment before or after the in-person interview.

The in-person interview involved a 45-minute phone interview at the office with a remote-based senior employee on team. After that was done, the hiring manager and a peer employee came into the room to interview me. I was asked questions about my current job as well as previous jobs included on my resume. I was also given the opportunity throughout the interview to ask questions.

Upon asking when I should expect to hear back, I was told HR would contact me about next steps. Unfortunately, I was told on two separate occasions that I would hear back by the end of the week, but two weeks elapsed from the time of my in-person interview to the time I learned I would not be receiving an offer. I received an unusually personable rejection e-mail which indicated I was a finalist, but that someone else was their first choice, hence the delay in getting back to me. They wanted to keep me around in case their number one rejected the offer.

Interview Question – During the phone interview with the hiring manager I was asked how I sort my e-mails (since they get a lot of e-mails at work). I found that to be a rather odd question. I was also asked for my GPA from college but nothing further after I stated the number.   Answer Question

BDA Interview

BDA

Interviewed at CEB

Interview Details – An initial phone screen with a simple job history resume overview followed by 2 behavioral questions. Then an in person interview with 2 managers from different departments. Offer letter sent almost immediately following this process. Sometimes the HR coordinator was late in non responsive in getting back to me. Also sent me the wrong job description up to the day before my in person interview. For the most part, things ran rather smoothly.

Interview Question – Share a story of a failure and what would you have done differently the next time around.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate up to 2k from base

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at CEB in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and the recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview. It was mostly typical behavioral questions. A little over a week I heard that I didn't get advanced to the next round. They are looking for someone who had a capstone research project and other research experiences in a corporate setting.

Interview Question – Tell me about your research experiences.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – I spoke to the recruiter a couple of times who then arranged for me to take an online test. After I passed, she arranged an interview with the hiring manager and the hiring manager's boss. After the initial interview, I was given feedback and was given an offer within a couple of weeks.

Interview Question – Not too many difficult questions, was required to write a few responses to behavioral questions and essentially expounded on them during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate too much, but wish I had. I am working harder than I have in a long time for about $20k less.

Account Director Interview

Account Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CEB in June 2009.

Interview Details – It was a quick and efficient process. 1 screening by a recruiter. A cognitive test and a personality test. 1 interview by the hiring manager. Offer. I've learned - in retrospect - that CEB has a pretty unique culture, so the testing is important to make sure there is a fit.

Interview Question – Most of the questions - since it wa a sales role - were stories on wins I was most proud of and how I handled difficult customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They low-balled me at first. In the screening call, I had said what my salary and commission expectations were and the recruiter said that was fine/doable. The offer was $15k below the high end of my range and $10k below the low end of the range. I asked that they split the difference on my base salary (add $12,500 to the offer) and they did.

Account Management Representative Interview

Account Management Representative
Rosslyn, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – I was contacted via linkedin and was asked some very basic questions on my background, and was quickly offered an in person interview. The in person interview was a similar format to the phone interview, "tell me about a time when.." What they were looking for was 1) context 2) action taken 3) result. I was offered the position the same day.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, or unexpected. They were mostly getting a sense to see if you would fit in culturally.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not budge on salary. It is expected that after on-boarding I will quickly move up but would not even consider a signing bonus. The recruiter I believe was fairly green but eager to make me feel comfortable in the process.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at CEB

Interview Details – Initial telephonic interview, few smart tests you must clear, then more rounds of interviews.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in July 2009.

Interview Details – I went through two phone interviews before being brought in for an in-person interview. I was joined by two other applicants in the lobby for a tour of the building, including the cafeteria and other facilities.

We were then separated for one-on-one interviews with three different CEB employees. Overall, took a few hours of time. Everyone was incredibly friendly, and the culture felt very collegiate.

Interview Question – Some of the questions included, how would you decorate your cubicle if you worked here? other than this, what would be your dream job? where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Account Manager Associate Interview

Account Manager Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at CEB in August 2013.

Interview Details – I received an invitation for a phone screening the day after I submitted my application. The phone screening was very smooth; I was expecting behavior type questions but we discussed at length my resume and what opportunity I was looking for. The woman who interviewed me was great; she stressed that this is was as much me learning about them as it was them learning about me. It was a very natural conversation. It didn't feel forced like many other phone screenings can be. I'm currently waiting for a response to see if I advance to the in-person interview.

Interview Question – I was expecting a lot of behavior questions but we spoke at length about my resume and experience   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Administrative Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – CEB usually has more than one person sitting in on the interview at a time. You will most likely meet with multiple people at different times. Expect 2-3 different interview session.
Be prepared to answer situational questions.

Interview Question – Most of the interview questions are standard situational questions.
Ex: Give an example of when you had to complete a project with a tight deadline?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate but I should have. Someone else who came after me negotiated so if they tell you the rate is set, it is negotiable.