CEB Interview Questions

2.9

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in September 2013.

Included initial phone interview which was very conversation including a quick run-down of goals and resume/experience. An online behavioral/decision making assessment was the second step. The interview process concluded with an on-site interview and behavioral interview with two managers. A quick process and efficient interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to provide supporting answers associated with sales background for the behavioral interview. They are mostly interested in the abilities of interviewers to influence others and provide examples of times you've done so.   Answer Question

Finance Booking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in October 2013.

I was contacted to schedule for a phone interview less than an hour after I applied. The phone interview was pretty standard. The recruiter just went through my resume. She then contacted me the same day to schedule for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by three people. Everybody was professional and the interview was easy. They made me feel comfortable.

BDX Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB.

I applied through college recruiting and it was a pretty standard experience. Submit resume, see them at career fair, first round on campus interview, final round at their office. Both interviews are behavioral, which can be really great or really difficult depending on who you're interviewed by. Their communication was terrible and without tireless follow up attempts, you probably won't hear back by any deadline they offer. Also, the candidates that they end up picking are unexpected.. they go for the conceited and standoffish personalities.

Interview Questions
    • What steps did you take to increase a technical competency that you were deficient in?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I found this opportunity through our on-campus recruitment. Afterwards, I went to a couple recruitment events hosted at my school. The people are very kind and down to earth. They seem capable and passionate about their jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at CEB in November 2013.

I applied through the online system and the process took about 3 weeks. After the phone interview, I had to do some online assessment tests and then the following week, they invited me to meet with three mangers at their headquarters. One have to be prepared to deal with multiple interviewers with different backgrounds. Everyone was super nice, very friendly and professional. It didn't feel stressful. Overall, quite enjoyable experience. They put a lot of weight on critical thinking, innovative and solid logic, having done some research is also very important, which could be school related as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an interesting idea or concept ?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Practice Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB.

Two hiring managers did a behavioral-based interview. They focus on a key competency per question and they tell you what that is. I was asked to respond with the situation, steps I personally took to address it, and outcome. Both interviewers were welcoming, nice, and professional. They were interested in truly getting to know me and my fit for the role, not on trying to throw me off deliberately.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall one that was out of left field. They were challenging questions, but nothing that surprised me.   Answer Question
    I was an internal hire, so they offered me less. I was only able to negotiate 5%. External hires get better offers, though this is not a role that can be easily filled by an external hire. The role requires you to have in depth knowledge of all the ins and outs of CEB so external hires don't tend to do well.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in June 2012.

I applied for a position online, and within a day or two, someone emailed me about scheduling a phone interview. In this first phone interview, the interviewer suggested I was overqualified for the position I applied for and instead suggested talking with another recruiter about a higher level position. That same day, I heard from the new recruiter and scheduled a phone interview for the other position.

After the 2nd phone interview, they set up in-person interviews with 4 individuals in one day across 2 different positions, to see what would be the best fit. The next morning, they offered me one of the positions. The recruiter got me really excited about the position and was great to work with.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a salary that was slightly more than expected, and I was still able to negotiate simply by mentioning my previous earnings.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

I applied online and was quickly contacted a couple days later to set up a phone screen for that day. That interview quickly went over basic questions about my background and understanding of the position. Immediately afterwards I was e-mailed an invite for a phone interview the next day with the direct hiring manager.

That interview was more in-depth about the position and, specifically, my qualifications. I received an e-mail follow-up just minutes afterwards about coming in the next week to meet with the team. I was also e-mailed an online skills assessment while simultaneously scheduled for an in-person interview. I had the option of doing the assessment before or after the in-person interview.

The in-person interview involved a 45-minute phone interview at the office with a remote-based senior employee on team. After that was done, the hiring manager and a peer employee came into the room to interview me. I was asked questions about my current job as well as previous jobs included on my resume. I was also given the opportunity throughout the interview to ask questions.

Upon asking when I should expect to hear back, I was told HR would contact me about next steps. Unfortunately, I was told on two separate occasions that I would hear back by the end of the week, but two weeks elapsed from the time of my in-person interview to the time I learned I would not be receiving an offer. I received an unusually personable rejection e-mail which indicated I was a finalist, but that someone else was their first choice, hence the delay in getting back to me. They wanted to keep me around in case their number one rejected the offer.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview with the hiring manager I was asked how I sort my e-mails (since they get a lot of e-mails at work). I found that to be a rather odd question. I was also asked for my GPA from college but nothing further after I stated the number.   Answer Question

BDA Interview

An initial phone screen with a simple job history resume overview followed by 2 behavioral questions. Then an in person interview with 2 managers from different departments. Offer letter sent almost immediately following this process. Sometimes the HR coordinator was late in non responsive in getting back to me. Also sent me the wrong job description up to the day before my in person interview. For the most part, things ran rather smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Share a story of a failure and what would you have done differently the next time around.   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate up to 2k from base

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at CEB in October 2013.

I applied online and the recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview. It was mostly typical behavioral questions. A little over a week I heard that I didn't get advanced to the next round. They are looking for someone who had a capstone research project and other research experiences in a corporate setting.