CEB Interview Questions in London, England

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in June 2014.

Interview process took around 2 months. I had to contact them a couple of times in order to get an update on my application. Went to a final interview and was told that I would be contacted within 3-4 days. However, I did not get any feedback at all. I tried contacting them a couple of times and even got in touch with the HR who was responsible for my application. I was told that she would call back by the end of the day and she didn't...

Interview Questions

CEB - Associate Business Development and Account Management (Graduate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in June 2014.

I applied through the Graduate Recruitment Bureau in late May and received an email for scheduling a phone interview mid-June. The phone interview went alright, I knew I wasn't prepared as much as I could have. She asked questions about my background, why I'd want to integrate CEB, what I knew about the company, where I'd see myself in the future, and questions like "Tell me about a time where you had to face X (conflict, difficulty, etc.) and how did you handle the situation?". Overall the interview went well. Two weeks later I received another email to complete online assessments: verbal reasoning, situational judgement and personality test. And then another two weeks after that I was invited to join CEB headquarters in London for an assessment centre. I declined because I had an equally important opportunity around the same dates in Geneva.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prepare if you had to contact a senior manager through cold calling?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2012.

Quick process where all the steps were effectively communicated. Got an opportunity to meet with key partners and stakeholders in the process.

Business Development/Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CEB in June 2013.

Relatively easy and quick - written application after which you will be invited to a phone interview. If you pass the subsequent personality and economic tests you will be invited to an assessment day during which you have some more relatively typical tasks (i.e. describing certain situations in which you assumed leadership, group interview, mock call)

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation phase - I was told about the pay steps in advance, however, it quickly turned out that the projected timeline was completely inaccurate

Sales Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in October 2013.

Got put in contact through a recruiter. The initial interview was quite standard with questions asked about why sales and why CEB. The interviewer was engaging and friendly. They also gave great information about the company. I recommend asking lots of questions. After the initial interview there is an online personality and reasoning assessment. Then there is another interview which is more specific.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in May 2013.

telephone interview, it takes less than 20 minutes. tell me about your self. how to be a good sales person

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CEB in February 2013.

Psychometric tests

Telephone interview

Face 2 Face interview

The interview took place at CEB offices in Holborn. Two hiring managers jointly conducted the interview. The initial stages of the interview followed a normal path with the usual questions where you are asked to follow a STAR technique and then a role-play where you are required to simulate a sales call to an executive.
    Throughout the interview, while one fo the two asked the questions and listened to my reply the other manger acted in a weird manner, yawning and checking the time on her watch. I had the impression this was staged and probably a way to test my reactions or my personality. Although this appeared unusual I had no problem whatsoever with this and I felt comfortable and confident.

Towards the end of the interview on of the two manager posed me a question that I felt had no reason to be asked and that really changed the atmosphere in the room, making me feel uncomfortable and unwanted as a potential future employee. She asked: “ How do you feel being 28 years old and knowing that most of the other candidates competing with you for this vacancy are fresh graduates from university and are much younger than you, in fact in their early 20s? ”. I tried not to look surprised by the question and answered professionally and with a good answer, which I do not need to detail here. However, as I formulated my answer I start feeling deeply offended and discriminated against by her question, which in fact did not sound as a question but rather as an affirmation of the fact that my age was a problem that made me unsuitable for the position.

Although I am sure that me being 28 years old played no part in the decision that they made regarding my application, I know her question did, since my state of mind changed drastically: I felt harassed and discriminated in a context (a job interview) that is not comfortable and relaxed in itself , this caused me to take a defensive attitude that apparently led to the decision of not taking my application further (as highlighted in the feedback I received from you).

When I left the conference room where the interview had taken place, I was “beaten up” and “shoked” by the experience , later that day, I began doubting I wanted to work for a company where my superior or my colleagues could show a similar behavior towards me.

CEB takes pride in stating that they are an equal opportunity company, my experience would not support that statement. I have submitted a formal complaint to the HR director of the company and an inquiry has been started to investigate this matter.

To all of you who are applying at CEB, good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Role play was difficult.
      Stars questions are not easy but you can prepare for those.
        Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at CEB in November 2009.

Psychometric test, role plays, compenency based interviews
    Advise: get everyything they promise to you in writing. Ask a lot of qustions, believe in your 'stomach feeling'

Interview Questions
    Four months back and fourth

Graduate Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CEB.

Went through a recruitment agency with whom i had already had interviews and competency based interviews with to be on their books. Had to take the Hogan test before being offered an interview, which is standard practice and consists of questions about yourself. This is a psychometric test that you cannot cheat on to guage whether your attitude consists with that of the company.

Then i had a formal face to face interview after i passed the hogan test. This consisted of asking me to detail myself to them in a concise way. What i knew about the role i was applying for, What i knew about CEB as a company. Then there were competancy based questions including, how well i work in a team and how i have built credibility as a person. There were also other questions about my CV. Finally there was a role play where i had to "sell" the company to a CEO of a company and deal with their rejection.

Interview Questions
    • The roleplay was the most difficult area of the interview (the other questions are standard interview)   View Answer
    Recruitment agency did it for me

Talent Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at CEB in July 2012.

I applied for the role that I found on TotalJobs. The day after I received a call - this was the first stage. Then the interviewer invited me for a face to face interview with another recruiter.
    I went for the face to face within the week. The recruiter there explained me that the process will take 1 week, as he has other candidate to interview.

I have sent a thank you email the following day after the F2F interview. I did not get any response... but that's fine for now.

Then after 1 week, without any call, I have sent another email. I tried to call and left message and i did not get any response so far after 1 month!

But I have checked and I've seen on Linkedin that there is a new Talent Management Coordinator !!!

Thank you very much for your consideration !!!!

Interview Questions
    • Loads of case situation....from a paper place in front of the recruiter...??!!   Answer Question

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!