CEB Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process has involved five stages. I had a one hour basic competency interview with a HR manager. This was followed by a timed online vetting test which was more challenging than the sample tests they provide on the website. I also completed a four hour writing test at home in my own time which involved writing an essay style response to questions about an article. I then had a one hour competency interview with a research director, which involved more probing/challenging questions than the first interview. Tomorrow I will have a one hour case study interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe an insight produced by CEB that interested me and to talk about why - or something to that effect.   1 Answer

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initially a phone "screening" interview where there are standard questions including "why are you interested in working for us?", to which there seems to be only one answer, "career advancement". Based on that a F2F, CV interview with the internal recruiter is arranged at their offices in Holborn. Upon entering the building you can feel the seriousness straight away. They are very hospitable and smiley people, and give you a warm welcome which is pleasing. After the first F2F (yes, the first) the next stage is an online personality test which I did at home, I was given 3 days to submit this. Next, you are sent a Word doc. asking you to detail experiences you have had based on certain scenarios using their STAR technique. You have 5 days to submit this. The final stage is a 3 hour meeting, part 1 is where you get to meet one of the decision makers and go through your CV again and a general Q&A, part 2 is where you are given a scenario and need to plan for a sales meeting with a client to sell them a CEB membership, and the 3rd hour is the sales meeting itself with the person from part 1, acting as the aforementioned client.

Graduate Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Very friendly HR. I applied through recruitment, first assessment was a telephone interview. This is one that you just can't wing. Prepare the usual questions and really make sure you understand what CEB does. If successful you'll go to CEB for an assessment centre. This was pretty civilised. We had a getting to know you group exercise, a presentation and then hour long interview and role play of calling a senior exec. You're encouraged to use notes for the role play so don't worry about memorising everything.

Interview Questions

• Explain what CEB does. What is the day to day role of a CFO? When have you built up product knowledge?   Answer Question

Too salesy for me.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through the Graduate Recruitment Bureau in late May and received an email for scheduling a phone interview mid-June. The phone interview went alright, I knew I wasn't prepared as much as I could have. She asked questions about my background, why I'd want to integrate CEB, what I knew about the company, where I'd see myself in the future, and questions like "Tell me about a time where you had to face X (conflict, difficulty, etc.) and how did you handle the situation?". Overall the interview went well. Two weeks later I received another email to complete online assessments: verbal reasoning, situational judgement and personality test. And then another two weeks after that I was invited to join CEB headquarters in London for an assessment centre. I declined because I had an equally important opportunity around the same dates in Geneva.

Interview Questions

• How would you prepare if you had to contact a senior manager through cold calling?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process took around 2 months. I had to contact them a couple of times in order to get an update on my application. Went to a final interview and was told that I would be contacted within 3-4 days. However, I did not get any feedback at all. I tried contacting them a couple of times and even got in touch with the HR who was responsible for my application. I was told that she would call back by the end of the day and she didn't...

Sales Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Got put in contact through a recruiter. The initial interview was quite standard with questions asked about why sales and why CEB. The interviewer was engaging and friendly. They also gave great information about the company. I recommend asking lots of questions. After the initial interview there is an online personality and reasoning assessment. Then there is another interview which is more specific.

Business Development/Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Relatively easy and quick - written application after which you will be invited to a phone interview. If you pass the subsequent personality and economic tests you will be invited to an assessment day during which you have some more relatively typical tasks (i.e. describing certain situations in which you assumed leadership, group interview, mock call)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase - I was told about the pay steps in advance, however, it quickly turned out that the projected timeline was completely inaccurate

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

telephone interview, it takes less than 20 minutes. tell me about your self. how to be a good sales person

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Psychometric tests

Telephone interview

Face 2 Face interview

The interview took place at CEB offices in Holborn. Two hiring managers jointly conducted the interview. The initial stages of the interview followed a normal path with the usual questions where you are asked to follow a STAR technique and then a role-play where you are required to simulate a sales call to an executive.
    Throughout the interview, while one fo the two asked the questions and listened to my reply the other manger acted in a weird manner, yawning and checking the time on her watch. I had the impression this was staged and probably a way to test my reactions or my personality. Although this appeared unusual I had no problem whatsoever with this and I felt comfortable and confident.

Towards the end of the interview on of the two manager posed me a question that I felt had no reason to be asked and that really changed the atmosphere in the room, making me feel uncomfortable and unwanted as a potential future employee. She asked: “ How do you feel being 28 years old and knowing that most of the other candidates competing with you for this vacancy are fresh graduates from university and are much younger than you, in fact in their early 20s? ”. I tried not to look surprised by the question and answered professionally and with a good answer, which I do not need to detail here. However, as I formulated my answer I start feeling deeply offended and discriminated against by her question, which in fact did not sound as a question but rather as an affirmation of the fact that my age was a problem that made me unsuitable for the position.

Although I am sure that me being 28 years old played no part in the decision that they made regarding my application, I know her question did, since my state of mind changed drastically: I felt harassed and discriminated in a context (a job interview) that is not comfortable and relaxed in itself , this caused me to take a defensive attitude that apparently led to the decision of not taking my application further (as highlighted in the feedback I received from you).

When I left the conference room where the interview had taken place, I was “beaten up” and “shoked” by the experience , later that day, I began doubting I wanted to work for a company where my superior or my colleagues could show a similar behavior towards me.

CEB takes pride in stating that they are an equal opportunity company, my experience would not support that statement. I have submitted a formal complaint to the HR director of the company and an inquiry has been started to investigate this matter.

To all of you who are applying at CEB, good luck!

Interview Questions

• Role play was difficult.
      Stars questions are not easy but you can prepare for those.

Answer Question

Graduate Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CEB (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Went through a recruitment agency with whom i had already had interviews and competency based interviews with to be on their books. Had to take the Hogan test before being offered an interview, which is standard practice and consists of questions about yourself. This is a psychometric test that you cannot cheat on to guage whether your attitude consists with that of the company.

Then i had a formal face to face interview after i passed the hogan test. This consisted of asking me to detail myself to them in a concise way. What i knew about the role i was applying for, What i knew about CEB as a company. Then there were competancy based questions including, how well i work in a team and how i have built credibility as a person. There were also other questions about my CV. Finally there was a role play where i had to "sell" the company to a CEO of a company and deal with their rejection.

Interview Questions

• The roleplay was the most difficult area of the interview (the other questions are standard interview)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruitment agency did it for me