CEB

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.2

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB.

Submitted initial CV through campus portal. Was emailed by recruiter a couple of weeks later. Made me complete an online assessment dealing with logic, mathematical, computational, and behavioral question. After completing that, had to go through a behavioral interview with the recruiter. Final round was an hour long behavioral and an hour long case question.

Interview Questions
  • Difficult behavioral questions if you are not prepared. Study the CEB ToolKit page. Case question: You work for the government and want to purchase a new fleet of hybrid busses. Answer the following: 1) How much will the new buses cost 2) What should we price the fare at now 3) How do we communicate this new project with the public   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

I applied online and through my school job site in December. Was asked to complete the online assessment and have a 30-45 minute behavioral interview in January. Will have the interview on Wednesday and update questions.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CEB in January 2015.

I met with CEB at a career fair at school and was told that my resume seemed to align with employees that the company considered for this position. However, I was quickly rejected after applying with no interview. I later got an interview when a friend who was hired recommended me and was requested to fill out an assessment online. The interview was about half an hour and took place over the phone. About half of it was discussing the company and position and answering questions I had. This was followed by about 3 or 4 questions designed to be a behavioral interview. However these were so vague as to be almost unhelpful, especially since they asked to focus on specific instances. My interviewer was nice but it seemed ill-suited for me to sell myself to the company, especially in such a short amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you conduct research.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a current event in the news relating to business and expand on how you understand it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty in a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in October 2014.

I applied through my campus career center. The process took about a month. The application itself is your standard resume + cover letter deal. I also met people from CEB at our university's career fair and scheduled a coffee meeting with the recruiter. I think this was really helpful for me in securing an interview, because the company stresses that they hire based on personality as well as resume/GPA. So chatting more with the recruiter let her decide if I would be able to "fit" with the company.

After reviewing resumes, the recruiting team reached out to me and asked me to complete an online assessment as well as for an in-person interview. The assessment had to be completed at some point prior to the interview. The assessment had some math/logic questions and also some aptitude and personality questions to gauge the type of worker that I am. It is very clear that CEB cares about office culture.

There is only one "round" of interviews. This took place on campus. It's an hour-long fit interview followed by an hour-long case interview. The fit is very standard in terms of the types of questions. The case was also pretty easy, compared to most other case interviews I've done. So if you've prepped yourself for the case, you will definitely be fine.

It took CEB about 1.5 weeks to get back to me after the interview, and they invited me to a "welcome day" in their office. The odd thing was that while I was invited to the welcome day about a week in advance, they did not extend a formal offer to me until the day before I flew to the CEB office. I don't know why that's their protocol, it seemed a bit odd to me and to other people whom I know received offers. But I digress--the key takeaway here is that a welcome day does equal an offer, even though they don't tell you at first.

The interviewers were lovely people, and the recruiting team was super helpful. Everyone at CEB clearly cares about what they do and also about the people with whom they work. Each person I met seemed to be genuinely happy. It seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • "Which do you value more: submitting a project/assignment on time, or submitting perfect work?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Applied through school. I received an interview a week later. It was a two hour behavioral and case interview. The interview went fine, the questions are pretty usual for a behavioral. The case was fairly straightforward. I was waitlisted for the position. I actually did not like how long it took for me to hear back from them. I was notified that there was interest on their side in two emails over the span of a month. The process did not end up with an offer. The interviewers were very nice and very fair.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CEB.

The interview process was divided into two: the behavioral interview, and the case interview the day after. Each one lasted about 1 hour, and the questions were fair. However, do not expect for them to notify you about whether you got the job or not. Quite unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fair and expected. The case question was the eye drop one that has been mentioned before. You are asked to calculate market size, expected price of the product, etcetera.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Behavioral interview and case interview, both of which lasted about an hour. The behavioral interview questions they asked matched the samples I found on their site pretty closely, and the case was one that I think they'd re-used from a previous year so I think they don't change very often.

Interview Questions
    • I stumbled on questions about process improvements and leadership in previous positions. They're definitely looking for a task-action-result format in answers to their questions. The case was relatively straightforward, but you have to ask a lot of questions to get all the relevant info, though they'll give you a lot of it. Be ready to do long multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction by hand during the interview.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB in February 2014.

Pretty simple, email of interest, took forever getting in contact afterwards, but might have been because of snow and weather. Then phone interview walking through resume, then invitation for 3 hour in person interview. Three rounds with mid-level execs, 2 hours behavioral, one case study. Nothing particularly difficult, just situations and how i would deal with them, past experiences, rewarding skills and preferred work habits.

Interview Questions
    • A company is patenting eye drops that cure nearsightedness for a month. How would you advise them to roll out the product?   Answer Question
    Coming out of public sector, they named a number way higher than I had considered, and I accepted it.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB in December 2013.

Very quick and friendly process if I can say. The process went very fast once started . I have to add that I was contacted more than 3 weeks after applying

Basic

Research Analyst Interview

I found this opportunity through our on-campus recruitment. Afterwards, I went to a couple recruitment events hosted at my school. The people are very kind and down to earth. They seem capable and passionate about their jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question