CEB Research Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB.

This is a detailed account of my experiences with CEB's interview process.

I was contacted through LinkedIn by a CEB recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter was very friendly and we had a great conversation about my experiences and how they would fit within CEB. At the end of the call she determined that I was qualified to apply for the Research Consultant opening at their Arlington, VA office. She asked me to apply for the position and then send her an email to let her know I had submitted-explaining that this would flag my application for her.

Two weeks went by and I received an email from the recruiter. However it was worded in a manner that suggested that she did not remember our previous conversation. When I responded I made sure I said "I am looking forward to continuing our conversation." We had a great conversation (approx. 45 mins) and she said she was going to elevate me to the next stages of the process and that she would get back to me soon.

Another two weeks went by and I received a call, middle of the afternoon, from a different recruiter. She was calling to let me know that the first recruiter was "no longer with CEB" and that she was "picking up the pieces." Okay... She then went into asking me interview questions; many of which I had already answered with the first recruiter (this is to be expected sometimes but I am including it so others know what to expect). About 10 minutes into the call she says "Oh, I guess I should have asked you if this was a good time to talk." At the end of this call she informed me that they were going to send me some tests to take.

She told me the name of the person sending the tests and asked that after finishing I email both of them to let them know.

I received a Raven's Progressive Matrices test and a Hogan API personality assessment.

After finishing these I emailed both individuals and didn't hear back for a week. I then received an email from another person inviting me for an in-person interview in Arlington. She CC'd another person on the email "who would be coordinating my interview" and asked that I respond to both individuals with my availability to interview.

I was told, "She will also send you information with regards to booking travel."

I responded with my availability (which was flexible) and about a week later received my interview time slot. About 2 hours later she wrote back and changed the time. When I received the email it did not contain any information about booking travel. However the email encouraged me to ask any questions.

I responded that I was looking forward to the interview and had marked my calendar for (insert date and time here). I also asked about receiving the information in regards to booking travel.

8 days went by, no response. This is now 6 days from my supposed interview. No travel arrangements. No further contact.

I withdrew from the interview process. VERY unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were mostly related to skills and experiences. Easy.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Research Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CEB.

I was contacted by a CEB Recruiter via Linked In (unsolicited). The recruiter asked if I was interested in learning more about potential opportunities that might fit my background. We chatted a bit about CEB, my skills, and the recruiter recommended that I submit my resume for a Research Consultant position via CEB's online portal. The recruiter seemed very interested in my skills and was engaging, and asked that I get back in touch when I had submitted my resume online. I submitted my resume online and emailed back to let the recruiter know but never heard back again. Disappointing experience overall, but does not seem unique after looking at the other reviews on CEB. Poor (no) follow up... reflects very badly on the firm. I will not be pursuing future opportunities with CEB.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB in March 2014.

As others have stated - three steps in the process, an initial interview with a recruiter, completing some online assessments, and then three 1-hour in-person interviews. The in-person interview consisted of a thought question, the standard behavioral interview, and then an exercise where I had to read an article and come up with a predictive model. Everyone was very nice and took the time to answer my questions. The HR process was strange. I was eventually told after many follow-ups on my part that I did well in the interview but they'd already filled the position. I was told to keep in touch in case future positions opened up. It took quite a while for me to get this answer out of HR. As a result, I didn't get a very positive impression of the company. I've not heard wonderful things about the company from others, as well as from the ratings on glassdoor so it's just as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CEB in June 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter in Sept 2011 for a phone interview. I thought the position sounded very interesting, so I agreed to take an online test. The assessment took about an hour and consisted of patterns recognition presumably to test analytical capacity. Once I completed this I was contacted again and asked to come in for an interview. I agreed and was looking forward to learning about the position, company, and people. I was disappointed when I discovered almost nothing about the position or exactly what I would be doing. I didn't get the impression that I'd enjoy working with or learn much from any of the managers, except for perhaps one. I got the impression that the corporate culture was high-stress and that they valued performance and not training or developing their workers. This did not seem to be a place to learn, grow and advance whatsoever. In the end it was my fault for not having done the research sufficiently to know this would be a miserable place to work. So I took half a day from work for interviews lasting more than three hours, not to mention the test and back and forth with recruiters. In the end, I found it was enormously rude [and also very telling of their treatment of workers!] to request me to spend time taking a test and interview without ever following up. Naturally, I was disappointed that the recruiters didn't keep their word to be in touch because I was so looking forward to letting them know I would never work for an organization such as theirs.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging experience in persuading managers (or senior leaders)?   View Answer
    • What is your philosophy regarding managing people?   View Answer