CEB

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

I was contacted via linkedin and was asked some very basic questions on my background, and was quickly offered an in person interview. The in person interview was a similar format to the phone interview, "tell me about a time when.." What they were looking for was 1) context 2) action taken 3) result. I was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, or unexpected. They were mostly getting a sense to see if you would fit in culturally.   Answer Question
    They would not budge on salary. It is expected that after on-boarding I will quickly move up but would not even consider a signing bonus. The recruiter I believe was fairly green but eager to make me feel comfortable in the process.

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in September 2013.

Included initial phone interview which was very conversation including a quick run-down of goals and resume/experience. An online behavioral/decision making assessment was the second step. The interview process concluded with an on-site interview and behavioral interview with two managers. A quick process and efficient interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to provide supporting answers associated with sales background for the behavioral interview. They are mostly interested in the abilities of interviewers to influence others and provide examples of times you've done so.   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CEB in August 2012.

First interview - 30 min phone interview with recruiter
    Second interview - phone interview with what would be a co-worker
    Third interview - in person with 2 co-workers and the hiring manager all situational
    Fourth interview - in person exercise with hiring manager then interview with department head

Interview Questions
    • This is a piece of our research, read it, and tell me how you would present it to market, what your process would be and what resources you would use.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB in July 2011.

I applied direct for a Senior Analyst - Business Strategy job at the CEXB careers site and heard back from a recruiter in about a week to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly basic, kept to about 30 minutes, and fairly structured with the recruiter asking a fair amount of questions. She took my answers to the hiring manager and I heard back from the recruiter within the end of the week to set up a time to come to Rosslyn. I was able to schedule for the next week.

The in-person interview was with three managers (two directors, one senior director) and included a case interview. I was met by my first interviewer and taken for a brief tour of the corporate offices, which are pretty new and quite nice. My first interview with one of the directors went fairly fast and consisted of questions to gauge my general business knowledge, plus the basics regarding my background and my knowledge of CEB business. The second interview was a case interview with the senior director. The case wasn't all that difficult, but the senior director seemed to be interviewing in double time by speaking fast and pushing you to keep up. I know looking back I could have given a few better answers, but this was clearly a set up to see how I performed under pressure. The senior director took no notes, and seemed generally disinterested, but I was with him the longest (50 min). The final interview was far more relaxed with questions aimed toward my background in client interaction.

Interestingly, I did not see one other CEB employee for the 3 or so hours I was there.

While I thought I performed well I never received a formal word from their recruiters after the interview. Rather, I received a brief 'Thank you, we wish you the best' from the senior director after sending off my thank you notes.

I recently applied for a different CEB job and just went through the recruiter phone interview. This time, the recruiter asked all of 2 questions and it was on me to carry on for 30 min asking her. Given this, and knowing others who have worked in or interviewed for CEB, it seems as though switching things up in the interview process is par for the course. So, be prepared for anything.

Aside from nobody at CEB ever really getting back to me, the whole process was actually run well.

Interview Questions
    • How many intersections are there in the District of Columbia?   Answer Question
    • Name a company whose strategy you find interesting. Do you agree or disagree with their strategy?   Answer Question
    • How would you engage a hostile work group to buy-in to needed corporate change?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with change management?   Answer Question

Sales Report Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2010.

First had basic phone interview. Then they make you do 2 online assesment tests, one personality and one logic type test. Then they have you write an "accomplishments record" basically just writing out answers to a bunch of behavioral interview questions. Then had an in person interview where they asked me pretty much the same questions I had just written a 7 page report on, and asked the same question in a different way 6 times. Overall it was a very time consuming interview process for a job that really did not need all of the bs beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • explain a time wheny you had to deal with an upset customer? what was the prblem? what steps did you take t solve the problem? and what was the outcome?   Answer Question