CEB

CEB Sales Executive Interview Questions

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CEB.

Phone screen with recruiter, online assessment, long 3 hour in person interview with hiring managers. Role play included. Not too difficult however. First part is behavioral questions, then an hour to prepare for role play, then role play and feedback/questions.

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB in March 2011.

CEB uses a behavioral model for the interviewing questions. So rather than, "what are your strengths & weaknesses?" they ask you to describe certain situations, i.e. "Describe a time when you had a difficult customer who said no at first, but you found a way to convince him to buy."

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to convince someone to buy.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB in November 2010.

I applied online and within a week received an email requesting suitable time slots for a phone interview. The interview was much easier than I expected, consisting only very basic questions such as “What are you looking for? Go through resume, what’s my salary expectation, etc”.

I guess it wasn’t a very good fit, as she said she’ll get back to me the following week, but never did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CEB in November 2008.

The initial interview was with a recruiter with the company preformed over the phone which was not difficult. The second stage was to take a behavioral test on-line that included basic skills and intelligence test. Upon completion of the test the next day I received an email stating they were no longer going to proceed on to the next step since I didn't pass the test. When I inquired as to what was not passed, the company did not say what I missed and immediately ended the conversation and hung up. This was a red flag to me at which point I was glad no to proceed with this company.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CEB.

Three stage interview process: first is over the phone, second is face-to-face and third competency assessment and role-play. There is also a Hogan test along the way. They do make you wait, so be prepared. If you applying for sales position, could use this to show how well you can follow up and chase. Competency and role play are most difficult, it's best to use strategic approach to the scenarios suggested.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most rewarding experience you had? Why you had chosen it?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in August 2011.

After initial phone conversation I was invited to take the online personality test and the numerical reasoning test. Since I was successful, I was invited to a 1:1 interview with two representatives of the company. Interview entailed experience-based questions and a phone call simulation with an unwilling client. The job was mainly about cold-calling other people and trying to schedule meetings with superiors.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about making research about a company?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in August 2009.

Phone interview, then a personality test and business reasoning test