CEB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in July 2009.

Interview Details – I applied via my university for an entry-level sales job. The interview was sales so it was all about handling rejection, selling scenarios, etc. Mostly soft ball questions about how to persuade people, scenarios when we had to change someones mind and so forth. I think now its a little tougher.

Interview Question – None really, was very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Entry level, no negotiation.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Rosslyn, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied direct for a Senior Analyst - Business Strategy job at the CEXB careers site and heard back from a recruiter in about a week to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly basic, kept to about 30 minutes, and fairly structured with the recruiter asking a fair amount of questions. She took my answers to the hiring manager and I heard back from the recruiter within the end of the week to set up a time to come to Rosslyn. I was able to schedule for the next week.

The in-person interview was with three managers (two directors, one senior director) and included a case interview. I was met by my first interviewer and taken for a brief tour of the corporate offices, which are pretty new and quite nice. My first interview with one of the directors went fairly fast and consisted of questions to gauge my general business knowledge, plus the basics regarding my background and my knowledge of CEB business. The second interview was a case interview with the senior director. The case wasn't all that difficult, but the senior director seemed to be interviewing in double time by speaking fast and pushing you to keep up. I know looking back I could have given a few better answers, but this was clearly a set up to see how I performed under pressure. The senior director took no notes, and seemed generally disinterested, but I was with him the longest (50 min). The final interview was far more relaxed with questions aimed toward my background in client interaction.

Interestingly, I did not see one other CEB employee for the 3 or so hours I was there.

While I thought I performed well I never received a formal word from their recruiters after the interview. Rather, I received a brief 'Thank you, we wish you the best' from the senior director after sending off my thank you notes.

I recently applied for a different CEB job and just went through the recruiter phone interview. This time, the recruiter asked all of 2 questions and it was on me to carry on for 30 min asking her. Given this, and knowing others who have worked in or interviewed for CEB, it seems as though switching things up in the interview process is par for the course. So, be prepared for anything.

Aside from nobody at CEB ever really getting back to me, the whole process was actually run well.

Interview Questions

• How many intersections are there in the District of Columbia?   Answer Question
  • Name a company whose strategy you find interesting. Do you agree or disagree with their strategy?   Answer Question
  • How would you engage a hostile work group to buy-in to needed corporate change?   Answer Question
  • What is your experience with change management?   Answer Question

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!