CEB

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at CEB in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the online system and the process took about 3 weeks. After the phone interview, I had to do some online assessment tests and then the following week, they invited me to meet with three mangers at their headquarters. One have to be prepared to deal with multiple interviewers with different backgrounds. Everyone was super nice, very friendly and professional. It didn't feel stressful. Overall, quite enjoyable experience. They put a lot of weight on critical thinking, innovative and solid logic, having done some research is also very important, which could be school related as well.

Interview Question – Tell me about an interesting idea or concept ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CEB in May 2013.

Interview Details – Recently had an interview for the Senior Research Analyst position with the company, consisting of two 1-hour behavioral interviews and one 1-hour case interview. Before that, I had to take a couple of pre-interview exams online (a Hogan personality test and a Raven's Advanced Progressive Matrices test). Overall the process was very smooth and enjoyable. The interviewers were high caliber individuals and enjoyable to talk to.

Interview Question – Case interview question is same as a previous reviewer noted (you're a scientist that developed an eye drop solution that cures nearsightedness for 30 days/unit; it's FDA approved; you're presenting to a VC firm. Define a price point, the US market size, and a go-to-market strategy.) I would recommend using the interview toolkit on their website as far as what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CEB in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone call - basic questions about my resume and my interests. Afterwards I completed the Raven and Hogan assessments, both of which are pretty straightforward and nothing to worry about.

On-site Interviews - consisted of two hour-long behavioral interviews and one hour-long case interview. The three people that interviewed me were from different practice areas (HR, IT, and Legal). The questions were pretty standard, "explain a time when..." Just make sure to have the problem, action, and solution mapped out because that's what the interviewers guideline sheets are formatted like. One I remember was "explain a time when you had to convince a group to follow your thinking or opinion on a project."

A week after my interviews I received an email saying that they were not moving forward with an offer, but that they really valued their conversations with me and that the recruiter would be happy to answer any questions I may have. I have sent two emails since then requesting feedback about why the felt I was not a good fit for the role and am yet to receive a response.

Interview Question – Case Interview (not difficult) - you'll notice a trend in these responses to interviewing at CEB. They have given the same case interview for the past two years. Even better, the one they gave before then is the one they have on their site as a practice case. Anyways, here it is:

You are a scientist and have discovered a new eye-drop solution to cure nearsightedness. You are presenting it to a VC and he wants to know what the price point, market size in the US, and go-to-market strategy.
  Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2008.

Interview Details – One standard HR phone interview (walk me through your resume, career goals, why CEB? etc). I never met the HR person. They lost some of the documents submitted prior to the interview so I had to resubmit them.

Three one-on-one interviews (same day) with three different employees (2 consultants and one manager). I presented my resume and then solved three cases. The cases were not very difficult and did not require hard quantitative skills or finance/business knowledge. Be prepared to come up with numbers and justify any step in your analysis as they are looking to see how you think. They don't care about the final solution , they just want to know how you think. People were nice and friendly.

Interview Question – I don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed. They give you two weeks to consider their offer.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CEB in November 2010.

Interview Details – I initiated the dialogue by calling the recruitment team. I was directed to the recruitment manager from the human resource team. After a few followups I was sent a case study from Kenan Flager business school. I was asked to write a case analysis and send back the write up within 2-3 working days. It was instructure that I do not take more than 4 hours to complete the exercise. I did complete this task and sent a detailed case analysis in word format to the HR manager. She reverted back in one week's time with the feedback that they have liked my analysis and would like to meet me. I visited their office and was interviewed by a research manager. The interview was case based and I was given a typical consulting situation and then we discussed it in a solution approach style. The interviewer was warm and probing. He posed encouraging questions and made me comfortable. After that, I was interviewed by the HR head. The HR coordinator told me that both these rounds have gove well and now I will have to take the final partner round. As the partner was travelling in US, we fixed a telephonic appointment for the same day in late evening. The partner round went really well. Questions asked were general about my passions, likings and overall career goals. By the end of the conversation the partner told me that the firm will make an offer and that I should expect a call from the HR team with the offer in one week's time. I recieved the offer within one week.

Interview Question – The case that was discussed was a tricky one. It was about the pricing and valuation of a truly breakthrough technology.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – We could not agree upon the remuneration

Interviews for Top Jobs at CEB

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB Senior Research Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by CEB employees and interview candidates.