CEB

2.9

81 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in October 2014.

I applied through my campus career center. The process took about a month. The application itself is your standard resume + cover letter deal. I also met people from CEB at our university's career fair and scheduled a coffee meeting with the recruiter. I think this was really helpful for me in securing an interview, because the company stresses that they hire based on personality as well as resume/GPA. So chatting more with the recruiter let her decide if I would be able to "fit" with the company.

After reviewing resumes, the recruiting team reached out to me and asked me to complete an online assessment as well as for an in-person interview. The assessment had to be completed at some point prior to the interview. The assessment had some math/logic questions and also some aptitude and personality questions to gauge the type of worker that I am. It is very clear that CEB cares about office culture.

There is only one "round" of interviews. This took place on campus. It's an hour-long fit interview followed by an hour-long case interview. The fit is very standard in terms of the types of questions. The case was also pretty easy, compared to most other case interviews I've done. So if you've prepped yourself for the case, you will definitely be fine.

It took CEB about 1.5 weeks to get back to me after the interview, and they invited me to a "welcome day" in their office. The odd thing was that while I was invited to the welcome day about a week in advance, they did not extend a formal offer to me until the day before I flew to the CEB office. I don't know why that's their protocol, it seemed a bit odd to me and to other people whom I know received offers. But I digress--the key takeaway here is that a welcome day does equal an offer, even though they don't tell you at first.

The interviewers were lovely people, and the recruiting team was super helpful. Everyone at CEB clearly cares about what they do and also about the people with whom they work. Each person I met seemed to be genuinely happy. It seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • "Which do you value more: submitting a project/assignment on time, or submitting perfect work?"   Answer Question

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB.

This is a detailed account of my experiences with CEB's interview process.

I was contacted through LinkedIn by a CEB recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter was very friendly and we had a great conversation about my experiences and how they would fit within CEB. At the end of the call she determined that I was qualified to apply for the Research Consultant opening at their Arlington, VA office. She asked me to apply for the position and then send her an email to let her know I had submitted-explaining that this would flag my application for her.

Two weeks went by and I received an email from the recruiter. However it was worded in a manner that suggested that she did not remember our previous conversation. When I responded I made sure I said "I am looking forward to continuing our conversation." We had a great conversation (approx. 45 mins) and she said she was going to elevate me to the next stages of the process and that she would get back to me soon.

Another two weeks went by and I received a call, middle of the afternoon, from a different recruiter. She was calling to let me know that the first recruiter was "no longer with CEB" and that she was "picking up the pieces." Okay... She then went into asking me interview questions; many of which I had already answered with the first recruiter (this is to be expected sometimes but I am including it so others know what to expect). About 10 minutes into the call she says "Oh, I guess I should have asked you if this was a good time to talk." At the end of this call she informed me that they were going to send me some tests to take.

She told me the name of the person sending the tests and asked that after finishing I email both of them to let them know.

I received a Raven's Progressive Matrices test and a Hogan API personality assessment.

After finishing these I emailed both individuals and didn't hear back for a week. I then received an email from another person inviting me for an in-person interview in Arlington. She CC'd another person on the email "who would be coordinating my interview" and asked that I respond to both individuals with my availability to interview.

I was told, "She will also send you information with regards to booking travel."

I responded with my availability (which was flexible) and about a week later received my interview time slot. About 2 hours later she wrote back and changed the time. When I received the email it did not contain any information about booking travel. However the email encouraged me to ask any questions.

I responded that I was looking forward to the interview and had marked my calendar for (insert date and time here). I also asked about receiving the information in regards to booking travel.

8 days went by, no response. This is now 6 days from my supposed interview. No travel arrangements. No further contact.

I withdrew from the interview process. VERY unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly related to skills and experiences. Easy.   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in August 2014.

The interview was frankly very shoddy. I have interviewed twice with CEB and both times they did a very poor job of explaining the roles and how they decide where to place you. You do not get to have informational interviews with current employees, so it is hard to know what the job will be like.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really unexpected. Very much the behavioral CAR/STAR method   Answer Question
    they gave me plenty of time to consider, very flexible on that. They offered me a position lower than what I interviewed for, but I wanted to come back to DC so I accepted.

Business Development/Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Phone Interview - More than average walk me through your resume etc.; the interviewer asked a few behavioral questions so be ready. 2 Online Assessments, 1 Reading Test and 1 Personality Test. Interview in person with 2 people; easy and casual. Offer extended a little over a week later. Recruiter was helpful and sent a lot of material to help prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • All Behavioral Questions. Go to the Interview Toolkit on their website under the Career section - all of the behavioral questions were on the list. Follow CAR method and practice talking over your answers before the interview. The questions are very detailed/ specific but if you prepare you will be fine.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Quantitative Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB in May 2014.

Experience: My overall experience with recruitment process was really great. I enjoyed the interview and thought the questions were fair and in line with what I expected. I got the sense that CEB is a place for intellectually curious and research minded people. Also, it is a bonus that they do HR research and appear to be incorporating those insights back in to making CEB a great working environment.

Procedure: My procedural experience was pretty in line with other responses. I connected with a CEB recruiter, she then messaged me the next day. We had a phone interview 3 days after initial contact, was flown out 7 days later, and was given a job offer 3 days after my in-person interviews. Total time: approximately 2 weeks.

Content: During the initial phone interview, the recruiter asked guiding questions to figure out where I might be the best fit with in the company. I also took an online reasoning and personality test. The in-person interview was broken into three parts. The first part involved analyzing a case and developing a model - straightforward here, if you have research experience. The second portion asked straightforward questions like, "tell me about a time when you had to work under extreme time constraints. Sticking to the circumstance - action - response structure is key here. Finally, there was a fun intellectual curiosity exercise were you start with an unstructured idea and generate hypothesis around that idea. It is more like a casual conversation, and the key is being creative here.

Offer: I was very pleased with my offer, both pay and benefits. I attempted to negotiate moving expenses, but I think it is pretty standard not to give them. Overall, I was happy with the offer and excited to work at CEB, so it was not a deal breaker for me.

Interview Questions
    • I thought the questions were on target. They have guides online, and if you follow those, are research minded, and creative with your thought - your interview should go smoothly.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Contacted by a recruiter online, then went through a phone screen and interview with them. Was forwarded an online assessment more than once with somewhat confusing log in procedures (their application portal isn't the easiest to use). Never got a confirmation that I successfully completed the assessment and was told I'd hear back at the end of the week about next steps and subsequently didn't. The following week received a stock email that they were moving forward with other candidates which wasn't completely shocking but considering the friendly rapport with the recruiter, I was slightly surprised to not wrap up with them personally. Reached out to say thanks again but never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty standard questions, describe your background/this position, describe working through a difficulty, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in April 2014.

applied through linkedin, contacted by recruiter, phone interview, behavioral quiz, in-person interview in DC, offered job the next day, people seemed friendly, office was casual and trendy...people wrote on the walls to brainstorm

Interview Questions
    • How did you let a supervisor know you were a good person to ask for advice and describe a situation where this occurred   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CEB in March 2014.

I was very impressed with CEB interview process. I met a recruiter at a career fair and submitted a resume with her. I heard back promptly in the time frame she noted. The first round was a phone interview - they were very honest about pay, expectations, and responsibilities and was very helpful in answering my questions. I then took an online assessment focusing on behavioral reactions. Next, I was invited to the office for a face-to-face interview with two manager level employees. Prior to the interview, I was asked to complete an Accomplishment Record to send 48 hours prior to the interview. They also outlined how I should approach and prepare for the interview (know why you want to work at CEB, know your resume, prepare questions, be professional). I thought HR did a great job preparing candidates for the interview and understanding what to expect.
    Once I got to the interview, the questions were all behavioral (as HR had noted). Obviously this can be very difficult but I was prepared and felt very comfortable with my interviewers. Finally, they told me I would hear back very soon, and I did (the next day).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you either helped or did not help a coworker and explain why.   View Answer
    I didn't try to negotiate but I did hear some received signing bonuses, I did not.

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB in March 2014.

As others have stated - three steps in the process, an initial interview with a recruiter, completing some online assessments, and then three 1-hour in-person interviews. The in-person interview consisted of a thought question, the standard behavioral interview, and then an exercise where I had to read an article and come up with a predictive model. Everyone was very nice and took the time to answer my questions. The HR process was strange. I was eventually told after many follow-ups on my part that I did well in the interview but they'd already filled the position. I was told to keep in touch in case future positions opened up. It took quite a while for me to get this answer out of HR. As a result, I didn't get a very positive impression of the company. I've not heard wonderful things about the company from others, as well as from the ratings on glassdoor so it's just as well.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CEB.

Young interviewers led misguided questions, and were not very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Choose three words that best describe you, and choose one of the three that your co-workers would say BEST describes you   Answer Question