Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at CEB
- Business Development Associate (51)
- Research Analyst (44)
- Account Management Associate (10)
- Account Manager (10)
- Analyst (8)
- Sales Executive (8)
- Senior Research Analyst (6)
- Sales Associate (6)
- Business Development/Account Management Associate (6)
- Sales Development Associate (4)
- Account Administrator (4)
- Intern (4)
- Strategic Research Consultant (4)
- Research Consultant (4)
- Business Development Specialist (4)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Account Management Representative (3)
- Senior Analyst (3)
- Coordinator (3)
- Web Associate (3)
- Associate (3)
- Advisor (2)
- Operations Analyst (2)
- Associate Director (2)
- Administrative Associate (2)
- Account Director (2)
- Research Coordinator (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Director of Sales (2)
- Manager (2)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).
I applied online and knew someone who worked at the company. A few weeks to a couple months later I was contacted for a phone interview. There was a phone Interview then an in person interview. It was straightforward other than the ridiculous consulting questions asked at the in-person. (That's really all I have to say)
- Ridiculous consulting questions like how many ants can you fit in a football stadium on a saturday. 1 Answer
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).
Went through 2 phone interviews, one live. First phone interview was the normal HR screen. Second one was with the hiring manager to see if it's a skills match. After passing that to see if it's a cultural match - there was a heavy emphasis put on this throughout the process - they flew me out to headquarters where I met with 5 people. Three were one-on-one discussions and one was a two-on-one conversation. Prior to the interview they reiterated it was not a very formal company and encouraged me to "be myself".
- Why CEB? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in March 2015.
The recruiter was extremely nice and answered every question each step of the way. There was first an informational interview in person for 30 minutes (on campus recruiting), followed by a phone interview (30 min), a written submission answering three scenario questions/relevant experience, finally ending with two skype interviews for about an house. The questions asked were mostly behavioral with many follow up questions.
- What sales experience do you have that will benefit CEB. Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in February 2015.
The interview process started with a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter followed by an online questionnaire for the first round. The final round was an in person interview with a writing sample. The writing sample was behavior and situational questions. The two people who interviewed me then asked me very similar questions that were in the written sample. I was hoping more for a conversation between peers about my skill set and the company needs. Instead it was more of an on the spot, standardized questioning. Much of which they already knew from my writting sample so I did not really see the point of asking basically the same questions over again. However,the recruiter and interviewers were very nice
- Explain a situation where you were trying to meet a goal but something happened to prevent you from reaching that goal. What did you do? What was the outcome? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in October 2014.
One behavioral and one case interview- the behavioral was standard and no real trouble if you've been preparing for questions about your skillset, background, etc. I found the case to be a bit difficult, as it was really open ended and not a specific type of case interview as you read about in Case in Point.
- Case interview question about marketing/developing/executing the sale of a new type of corrective contact lens Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in April 2014.
Contacted via email by recruiter after applying online. First interview was by phone with recruiter. She asked basic questions about my background, interest in the job, and a few behavior questions. After the interview she told me that the next step would be to complete a couple of online assessments to determine if I should come in for an interview at their corporate HQ. The online assessments were used to determine if my personality and behavior would be a good fit for the job and the company. They took about 30-60 min to complete. After submitting the assessments, I heard back from the recruiter within a week that they wanted me to come in for an inperson interview. The interview was with 2 team members and consisted of 5 behavioral questions. There was nothing out of the ordinary
- What are 3 words you would use to describe yourself Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in December 2013.
They first show you around one of the 2 buildings. They then give you a behavioral interview where you are asked multiple questions. Very nice people, great interview process
- All questions are related to your work background and how you solve certain problems Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in September 2013.
- there wasnt really one, just be prepared Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral Experience
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).
First had an on-campus interview. It was behavior based and the questions were relatively easy ( mostly about my personality, job experience, etc) Then asked some more detailed questions about the job. Then went for a final round interview.
- What aspect of the company is most appealing to you? Answer Question
- No OfferDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).
went through whole process , generalize question related to research and what type of person are you or how do you handle to difficult situation type of questions
- common knowledge question like why barn painted red? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review