CENTRA (Massachusetts)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CENTRA (Massachusetts).

Interview Details – Usually interview through internal recommendations/referrals. I was offered an interview because of a referral, and was hired within seven days. The interview process was informal, and included an information session about the company. Threre weren't many questions asked about my skills or qualifications. Bottom line - get referred.

Negotiation Details – If it's an internal hire, make sure you know what to ask for in terms of salary.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CENTRA (Massachusetts).

Interview Details – The process was straightforward and free of gimmicks. Centra dealt forthrightly and respectfully with me during the application and interview process and was prompt and courteous in followup. I felt I had been treated fairly and honestly.

Interview Question – Don't recall any unexpected questions nor any issue I found difficult to address.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I made a proposal, offered a rationale, and they accepted. Some negotiation on benefits took a bit longer but was settled amicably to my satisfaction.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CENTRA (Massachusetts) in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was slow and drawn-out. I applied online via email. One month later I received an email from the hiring manager, requesting a phone interview. I was screened by phone by two managers, and they asked general questions about my background to make sure that I was qualified and truly interested. They told me a bit about the company and the work as well. It took weeks for them to invite me in for an in-person interview in the office.

In the office, I met with two managers (one different from the phone screen) and we spoke for about an hour as I recall. They asked me all sorts of questions about my experience in school and studying abroad, what type of work I enjoy, what is challenging, my strengths/weaknesses, career objectives, and asked me to summarize the findings of my senior thesis. To my surprise, they asked me to tell them my salary requirements right there on the spot. I do not recommend that anyone do this in the future. I should have declined to answer at this early stage in the interview process.

About a month went by, and I stayed in touch with the hiring manager but she had not yet made a decision. She called to check in with me sometimes to make sure I was still interested and available, because their hiring process was so slow and lengthy.

I finally received an offer about 90 days after receiving the request for a phone interview, and they asked me to start right away.

Interview Question – What are the most exciting findings from your senior thesis?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very difficult to negotiate salary since it is an entry-level job. I did negotiate up but only by $1,000 annually. The company tends to ask people to name their price up front. I discourage this. Wait until they are really interested in you and then talk money. If they really want you, you will have more leverage in negotiating salary.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Intelligence Analyst
Arlington, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at CENTRA (Massachusetts) in July 2009.

Interview Details – Odd interview because I didn't apply for the position, but was contacted by a head hunter because of my prior work experiences. I wasn't really asked any questions - they just described the position and their corporate culture. I think they needed to fill a contract, and my resume happened to be qualified for the position. Overall, a positive experience - the people there were nice and seemed eager to have me join the company.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Intelligence Analyst

Interviewed at CENTRA (Massachusetts)

Interview Details – I had a most exasperating experience interviewing and then dealing with its recruiter afterward for a job offer.

I was called by the recruiter who saw my resume to come in for an interview for an existing position they needed to urgently fill. I performed very well on the interview with the manager and the recruiter was supposed to get an offer to me very shortly afterward.

When the recruiter contacted me, they offered me a lowball offer, saying my salary requirements were too high. I knew what other companies were offering for someone of my skillset and I did not sell myself cheap. The recruiter became very rude and told me they would not meet my requirements. Fine, I left them with that and went my way.

A few weeks later, the recruiter called me out of the blue and asked if I was still interested in the job. I told them my salary requirement still was the same, and the recruiter again promised to get me an offer with that number in mind. It's been 3 weeks and I've not heard one word from them.

This is by far the most exasperating experience I have had with any company during my job search. The Jekyll and Hyde reactions I've received from its recruiter does not leave a good taste in my mouth, and I would hesitate to work for them if they treated all employees in such a manner.

Worked for CENTRA (Massachusetts)? Contribute to the Community!