CESC

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CESC.

Interview Details – The interview was on campus and mainly technical. I was preceded by 4 rounds,namely,psychometric test;aptitude test;technical test and GD.

Interview Question – technical questions on practical aspects of power system operations   Answer Question

Distribution Engineer Interview

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CESC in April 2009.

Interview Details – Technical & Non-Technical round

Interview Details – apti,technical round,gd,hr

Interview Question – tell me about urself and all   Answer Question

Finance Executive Interview

Calcutta (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CESC.

Interview Details – Initial Communication- Consultant (Macro Resources)
No of interviews - 3
Medical Tests - Yes (Woodlands, Kolkata)
Probationary Period- 6 months
Total time taken - 1-2 months
Interview questions - mostly technical (relating to course curriculum)

Interview Question – How updated are you on the recent developments ?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CESC in August 2010.

Interview Details – They give us a pre-placement talk followed by some psycho analysis test. Then there was an aptitude test consisting of 30 or 40 odd questions which have to be answered in 45 minutes. Then there was a GD. Based on the result of those candidates are selected for personal interview(P.I.). P.I. is mostly technical one with one or two HR questions.

Interview Question – nothing such.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Calcutta (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CESC in December 2011.

Interview Details – From cesc recruit consultancy I was sort listed for their interview. I was well prepared for this interview. Interview actually covers my theoretical as well as practical professional knowledge. And I was lucky one to fulfil their satisfaction. But as my job profile not matched with my current profile, I decline their offer however the salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Define 3-element system for boiler drum? And what is advantage over single element?   Answer Question
  • What type of turbine do you use?Reheat or Non-reheat.?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CESC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CESC interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by CESC employees and interview candidates.