CESC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Engineer Interview

Junior Engineer
Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CESC.

Interview Details – Recruitment was for summer internship along with possibility for PPO. First round was a written test with Multiple Choice Questions. Questions were technical with Mechanical and Electrical Students to solve separate question set related to their department. Questions were mostly conceptual all thru 1st to 3rd yr of study. No numericals. Second round was PI. Mixed questions both technical and HR were asked. Students having accommodation arrangement in Kolkata were seemed to get advantage.

Interview Question – Why would you like to join our company when so many companies offer internship alongwith PPO?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CESC.

Interview Details – The interview was on campus and mainly technical. I was preceded by 4 rounds,namely,psychometric test;aptitude test;technical test and GD.

Interview Question – technical questions on practical aspects of power system operations   Answer Question

Distribution Engineer Interview

Distribution Engineer
Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CESC in April 2009.

Interview Details – Technical & Non-Technical round

Interview Question – tell me about urself and all   Answer Question

Finance Executive Interview

Finance Executive
Calcutta (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CESC.

Interview Details – Initial Communication- Consultant (Macro Resources)
No of interviews - 3
Medical Tests - Yes (Woodlands, Kolkata)
Probationary Period- 6 months
Total time taken - 1-2 months
Interview questions - mostly technical (relating to course curriculum)

Interview Question – How updated are you on the recent developments ?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CESC in August 2010.

Interview Details – They give us a pre-placement talk followed by some psycho analysis test. Then there was an aptitude test consisting of 30 or 40 odd questions which have to be answered in 45 minutes. Then there was a GD. Based on the result of those candidates are selected for personal interview(P.I.). P.I. is mostly technical one with one or two HR questions.

Interview Question – nothing such.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Calcutta (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CESC in December 2011.

Interview Details – From cesc recruit consultancy I was sort listed for their interview. I was well prepared for this interview. Interview actually covers my theoretical as well as practical professional knowledge. And I was lucky one to fulfil their satisfaction. But as my job profile not matched with my current profile, I decline their offer however the salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Define 3-element system for boiler drum? And what is advantage over single element?   Answer Question
  • What type of turbine do you use?Reheat or Non-reheat.?   Answer Question

Worked for CESC? Contribute to the Community!