CFA Institute Interview Questions in Charlottesville, VA

Updated Sep 14, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CFA Institute in March 2014.

Received a phone call from HR, briefly chatted for around 5 min then she said would let me know the actual interview time later but never got it even though I followed up with a couple of other emails.

Interview Questions
    • The "interview" with HR was straightforward and chill.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CFA Institute in December 2013.

I received a call from the recruiter who was very kind. She was very forthcoming about the culture and what I would expect being employed there. In addition, she had basically told me "You should have no problem working here!" I received no response after the phone interview for 3 weeks and when I called in, they told me to check my email. I waited another two weeks and finally an email came that said they had found someone else. What upset me is that the company sends me emails and newsletters as if I was a customer and sent me "Jobs" flyer which listed the job I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • What software do you have experience with?   View Answer

Internal Meetings Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CFA Institute in April 2013.

A local recruiter found the position, told her I was interested and we had an interview set-up within a week. Did a 1:1 interview with the incredibly nice manager. She gave a thorough overview of the company and the position, and then I described my background. We then exchanged questions and that was it. The whole interview took almost an hour. She was very easy going and she was honest about the challenges this position would face. Great experience overall, impressive company.

Interview Questions

I accepted another job offer for a full time position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CFA Institute in November 2012.

After initial phone interview, there was a TWO HOUR interview comprised of 4 half hour interviews with groups of 2-4 people. By the second half hour, I had answered the same questions, repeated my work history and skills twice .... by the time the last half hour kicked in, I was no longer fresh and had to question myself whether or not I had already answered the question. In addition, the interviewers were not prepared, and I sensed did not enjoy this process, but it may be one of their job responsibilities. Most of the employees have accounting and/or academic backgrounds, and were uncomfortable doing a human resources responsibility. (In fact, the HR person was outgoing, friendly while the staff interviewers fidgeted in their chairs, couldn't make eye contact, etc.) There is no reason why this process couldn't have been one interview. The process was exhausting and a complete waste of time. One interviewer thought it would be clever to ask "worse case scenario" questions she got from Goggle that were nothing short of ridiculous. Another question: "What does your neighbor think of you?" I left HOPING I would not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • "What does your neighbor think of you?"   View Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CFA Institute in September 2011.

Received call from a nice recruiter. Spoke for 10-15 minutes. Received an interview time and location. Felt I was a perfect fit for the position.

Arrived at the interview. Closed door. 1:1 interview with hiring manager in an anonymous office with 2-3 chairs.

Knew within 5 minutes that I would not really be considered for the position and the hiring manager would not like me even if I did have all the qualifications needed.

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CFA Institute in June 2010.

Applied on Linked In. Interviewed by phone first for 40 min. Discussed details of my past jobs, including what I did and why I left. Then came for an in person interview. I met four people. They had looked me up online and read my CV. Very thorough.

Interview Questions
    Did negotiate for slightly higher salary.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CFA Institute in January 2009.

Pretty typical and standard interview. Started out with phone interview with an HR person who just asked basic questions regarding work history, strengths and weaknesses, what the job consists of and interests. Second part of interview process was 1 on 1 meeting with the hiring manager and HR. Met with HR to fill out appplication and go over benefits of the company and history of company and then met with hiring manager to discuss position and my personal qualifications.
    Overall, pretty standard interview process. No technical questions were asked. Only negative was that it does take them a while to get back to you and they draw out the process. I was in contact with them for 3 weeks and they told me it would take them another 2 weeks to make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your overall strangths and weaknesses as a person.   Answer Question

Accepted a position elsewhere.

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at CFA Institute in June 2008.

it may take a while for them to get back to you. follow-up for more likely success. prepare for a two-part interview. the first interview is with human resources and the second is with the department. it is a great place to work, so prepare and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions
    • the questions are pretty general, but there are alot of them. also, when human resources calls you on the phone to schedule a formal interview, hr will conduct at that time an informal one.   View Answer
    no, but the company is very flexible. they hire friendly, easy-going people who won't blink twice at negotiations. i only learned this after i started working there, but it is generally true. take the job if you get an offer, but don't be scared to negotiate if you feel you're qualifications demand it. i doubt, however, that you'll have to, as they compensate more than fairly.