CGI

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Level Bus Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CGI in October 2014.

Started with a 1:1 behavioral interview on campus. More or less to see if you are likable, I feel. About a week later I got invited to their offices for round 2. That consisted of three interviews in the morning. Mostly behavioral with alittle bit of technical thrown in to see if you had a baseline of applicable knowledge. The afternoon was spent with a panel to answer any questions and a power point going over benefits. I got an offer two weeks later.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CGI in March 2014.

I met the recruiter at a college career fair, and applied online. Met the same recruiter for first round interviews about a week and a half later. First round interview with CGI is just your standard behavioral interview, full of questions like 'What's your greatest stregth?', and the recruiters are very friendly. Be sure to ask questions about the company and the recruiter; I did, and the interview turned into a conversation after a while. I aced the first round interview, but they made me wait another month for the second round interview. They cancelled the original second round interview without any indication they wanted me to come in, and then changed their mind two weeks later, after I had already given up that option and signed my first check for study abroad.

Overall, fantastic interview, on par for what you would expect in any behavioral interview. Second round is on site, and might have been great, but scheduling is terrible.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI in November 2013.

Learnt about the position at my college's career fair. First on-campus interview, then was invited to the location for a series of technical, behavioral and general HR interviews. Questions were reasonable enough and nothing out of the ordinary.

At the end we had lunch with other recent college hires and they also gave a presentation about bnefits etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI in October 2013.

I got the initial on-campus interview through a university career fair. It was a informal and non-technical. A week later there was a set of three followup interviews on-site. One behavioral, one technical, and one about experience and qualifications that included one simple coding question. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. The technical interview had three simple coding questions and a few general knowledge questions that were mostly about object-oriented programming.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the behavioral questions were about times when I was in a certain situation and how I handled it. Those were harder for me than the coding questions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

interviewed at CGI in October 2013.

Met with college recruiter during a career fair on campus. Was invited back for an on campus interview. First interview was not very technical, focused more on behavioral aspects. Was invited again to interview on-site at the company. 3 rounds of both technical and behavioral questions that weren't very difficult. Total experience was very relaxed, never felt pressured at all.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI in October 2013.

Met at a career fair, which led to an on campus interview. A week later i was asked to go to a event located at their facilities where i had 3 separate interviews. We had lunch at the facility, and got to talk with recent hires about their experiences. After lunch we were introduced to a panel of two more employees where we could ask more questions about the company. There was a very friendly atmosphere around the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Just explaining things on your resume, and writing code on a white board.   Answer Question

Entry Level Bus Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CGI in March 2013.

Started with an on campus interview then about 4 weeks later I got invited back to on site interviews with 3 different managers. The interview was very laid back and I gained a lot of insite on the company.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions about your self and how you work.   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate pay because it was an entry level postion.

Entry-Level Applications Developer, Belton, TX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI in January 2013.

Applied online, did a phone interview basically questions of what you know about CGI and behavioral questions. Then invited to have 3 one-on-one interviews at their new location. I did well on defining the basic things like encapsulation, inheritance, class, interface and to give the occasional example. What threw me off was previous posts stating they do not ask coding questions, just about projects completed. However, I was asked to code a Factorial function, program to calculate the sum of even numbers from a given input to zero. In addition, I was also asked to give SQL database query statements, like SELECT * FROM table_name and INSERT INTO certain columns specified VALUES - Hint make sure you ask about the specific formatting of the date. When leavin, another applicant, with me, did not mention being asked any coding questions only liking that it was just talking about projects. Maybe I got the harder questions due to having a 4.0 gpa...They also paid mileage and one night's hotel, but it takes like 8 weeks to receive the reimbursement.

Interview Questions
    • Write a code that takes an input number and outputs the sum of all the EVEN numbers from that number down to zero.
      Write a function that, given a number as input, returns the factorial of that number.

View Answers (2)

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at CGI in October 2012.

Initial Interview was on Campus
    - Asked basic interview questions. Not very technical at all. Mostly behavioral.

Second Interview was on site
    -3 Rounds of interviews. One technical, One behavioral, and One with director
    - Looking for team oriented, self empowered, very highly motivated
    -Be prepared to back up ALL your technical skills. You may even have to write some code on a board. Depending on if you are going in as a BA or Developer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

interviewed at CGI in March 2012.

Several interviews. HR first on the phone. The next interview was face to face with development manager and team leader. The questions were more about how to solve problems than straight api questions which was good since anyone can memorize an api and the ide have all of that at this point.