CGI

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.4

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI.

The entire process was very easy and straightforward. The interviewer asked standard interview questions. Overall, the process was smooth. Also, the interviewer asked some behavioral questions towards the end of the interview to see how I would react in that situation. Mostly, the interviewer wanted to see how I approach a problem/difficulty.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the time when you had issues with a coworker and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI in February 2015.

The interview was very good and was real laid back. I wasnt nervous at all because of how friendly the interviewer was. It was also very smooth. He didnt put pressure on me at all. Just a great experience

Business Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI in January 2015.

Met CGI Consulting at my school's career fair. Did on campus interview the next day. Recruiter was friendly, an alumni of my school. Interview was laidback. Asked what was the most challenging thing I've done in the past few years, describe an unpleasant experience with coworker, why I'm interested in the position, when was a time I had many choices and why did I pick the one I did, what was the process behind how I chose my school and major. The interview felt like a conversation. The interviewer was only few years older than me so the vibe felt casual. I answered confidently and moved onto second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had many options available and why did you go with the one you did?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed on campus with a recruiter. It was a very laid back interview. It was like talking with an old friend. A few weeks later I had an on site interview. They gave me a 3 day notice. But they paid for my hotel. It was a little strange bc I was in LA Quinta while others interviewing were put in the Hilton...but anyway, there was 2 30 min interviews that I had to complete. The first man interviewing me said I was everything they were looking for. The second guy I interviewed with said that my answers reminded him of his favorite manager. Ironically I never got a call back. The benefits are amazing! The people are very nice.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Initial application through campus recruiting, first round interview on campus with a company representative. Received offer for second round interview at a CGI location about a week later. Pretty standard behavioral interviews with two managers after a quick brief on the company and a lunch with recent graduates to answer any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to share a leadership position   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CGI in October 2014.

I began by meeting a recruiter at my college. The overall communication and process went fairly quick. I had an interview 1 week after meeting them. Then final round interviews in Fairfax about 2 weeks after that. After interviews I heard back in 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were "how would you handle this situation" type of questions.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CGI in October 2014.

Went to a university career fair and sent in a resume. I was later contacted and was offered a first round interview that consisted of mostly behavioral questions. After this, I was invited to an interview at their Fairfax office (this was for a government services position) in which I had two separate interviews that were effectively the same format as the first one I had at my university. The questions were fairly generic and were behavioral, yet the interviewers were very kind and respectful.

I received an offer less than three days after the final round, which was really nice, but I ended up working something else.

Interview Questions

As other reviewers have said here before, the compensation package that CGI gives you is pretty low. This offer would have been a bit higher on the totem pole if I was offered as much as the other job (which was in a similar/nearly equivalent field). However, I didn't really try to negotiate with them.

Business Analyst Interview

After applying online through their website it took 2 days to be contacted for a phone interview. Which was fairly easy, the questions pertained to my work experience and how it could be applied to the position in question.
    Shortly after, approximately 2 days or so, I received an email to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest contribution you can make to CGI Group?   View Answer

I had received another offer from another company.

Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CGI in August 2014.

I went through a panel of three interviewers that asked many simple questions and never heard back after the interview. I felt like the process was unorganized and the interviewers at the Crystal City office were not highly skilled at there areas of expertise. I believe the company prefers to hire college graduates rather than skilled experienced applicants.

Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CGI in March 2014.

I met the recruiter at a college career fair, and applied online. Met the same recruiter for first round interviews about a week and a half later. First round interview with CGI is just your standard behavioral interview, full of questions like 'What's your greatest stregth?', and the recruiters are very friendly. Be sure to ask questions about the company and the recruiter; I did, and the interview turned into a conversation after a while. I aced the first round interview, but they made me wait another month for the second round interview. They cancelled the original second round interview without any indication they wanted me to come in, and then changed their mind two weeks later, after I had already given up that option and signed my first check for study abroad.

Overall, fantastic interview, on par for what you would expect in any behavioral interview. Second round is on site, and might have been great, but scheduling is terrible.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question