CGI Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.5

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a brief interview over the phone. Then called into the office for a formal interview with 3 managers. All were different types of managers (Solutions Manager, Technical Manager, and Functional Manager) ask a few questions from each and then received a call after all interviews were done and offered a position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with a recruiter after a campus college fair. He told me right away that I would be contacted for the next steps. The next round was an on-site interview with 3 individuals working on different projects. The first two went really well, but the last one told me directly that he had a hard time envisioning me "excited about what I would be working on at CGI." Whether that was a tactic used to tell me to try and convince him that I really wanted the position, or if he was just being straightforward, I only really learned exactly about the role and expectations during that interview process and felt that he was probably right.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where I had to share a leadership position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

1 on 1 interview after college fair. Made it to next round with 3 interviews in 1 day. Basic interview with basic behavioral questions. Some situational questions. Asks a logic question as well. Said they would call in 2 weeks, but they didn't. Had to manually email and call them to get an answer about hire.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any programming languages? Even though I applied for a non-technical role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard Interview. Asked questions based on the resume to see how you react and answer them. The person who interviewed me seemed as he just wanted to leave since I was the last person to interview that day.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI.

Interview

The entire process was very easy and straightforward. The interviewer asked standard interview questions. Overall, the process was smooth. Also, the interviewer asked some behavioral questions towards the end of the interview to see how I would react in that situation. Mostly, the interviewer wanted to see how I approach a problem/difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time when you had issues with a coworker and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was very good and was real laid back. I wasnt nervous at all because of how friendly the interviewer was. It was also very smooth. He didnt put pressure on me at all. Just a great experience

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CGI in January 2015.

Interview

Met CGI Consulting at my school's career fair. Did on campus interview the next day. Recruiter was friendly, an alumni of my school. Interview was laidback. Asked what was the most challenging thing I've done in the past few years, describe an unpleasant experience with coworker, why I'm interested in the position, when was a time I had many choices and why did I pick the one I did, what was the process behind how I chose my school and major. The interview felt like a conversation. The interviewer was only few years older than me so the vibe felt casual. I answered confidently and moved onto second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had many options available and why did you go with the one you did?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I interviewed on campus with a recruiter. It was a very laid back interview. It was like talking with an old friend. A few weeks later I had an on site interview. They gave me a 3 day notice. But they paid for my hotel. It was a little strange bc I was in LA Quinta while others interviewing were put in the Hilton...but anyway, there was 2 30 min interviews that I had to complete. The first man interviewing me said I was everything they were looking for. The second guy I interviewed with said that my answers reminded him of his favorite manager. Ironically I never got a call back. The benefits are amazing! The people are very nice.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Interview

Initial application through campus recruiting, first round interview on campus with a company representative. Received offer for second round interview at a CGI location about a week later. Pretty standard behavioral interviews with two managers after a quick brief on the company and a lunch with recent graduates to answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to share a leadership position   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CGI in October 2014.

Interview

I began by meeting a recruiter at my college. The overall communication and process went fairly quick. I had an interview 1 week after meeting them. Then final round interviews in Fairfax about 2 weeks after that. After interviews I heard back in 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were "how would you handle this situation" type of questions.   1 Answer