CGI

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.6

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed on campus with a recruiter. It was a very laid back interview. It was like talking with an old friend. A few weeks later I had an on site interview. They gave me a 3 day notice. But they paid for my hotel. It was a little strange bc I was in LA Quinta while others interviewing were put in the Hilton...but anyway, there was 2 30 min interviews that I had to complete. The first man interviewing me said I was everything they were looking for. The second guy I interviewed with said that my answers reminded him of his favorite manager. Ironically I never got a call back. The benefits are amazing! The people are very nice.

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Initial application through campus recruiting, first round interview on campus with a company representative. Received offer for second round interview at a CGI location about a week later. Pretty standard behavioral interviews with two managers after a quick brief on the company and a lunch with recent graduates to answer any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to share a leadership position   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CGI in October 2014.

I began by meeting a recruiter at my college. The overall communication and process went fairly quick. I had an interview 1 week after meeting them. Then final round interviews in Fairfax about 2 weeks after that. After interviews I heard back in 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were "how would you handle this situation" type of questions.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CGI in October 2014.

Went to a university career fair and sent in a resume. I was later contacted and was offered a first round interview that consisted of mostly behavioral questions. After this, I was invited to an interview at their Fairfax office (this was for a government services position) in which I had two separate interviews that were effectively the same format as the first one I had at my university. The questions were fairly generic and were behavioral, yet the interviewers were very kind and respectful.

I received an offer less than three days after the final round, which was really nice, but I ended up working something else.

Interview Questions

As other reviewers have said here before, the compensation package that CGI gives you is pretty low. This offer would have been a bit higher on the totem pole if I was offered as much as the other job (which was in a similar/nearly equivalent field). However, I didn't really try to negotiate with them.

Business Analyst Interview

After applying online through their website it took 2 days to be contacted for a phone interview. Which was fairly easy, the questions pertained to my work experience and how it could be applied to the position in question.
    Shortly after, approximately 2 days or so, I received an email to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest contribution you can make to CGI Group?   View Answer

I had received another offer from another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CGI in August 2014.

I went through a panel of three interviewers that asked many simple questions and never heard back after the interview. I felt like the process was unorganized and the interviewers at the Crystal City office were not highly skilled at there areas of expertise. I believe the company prefers to hire college graduates rather than skilled experienced applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CGI in March 2014.

I met the recruiter at a college career fair, and applied online. Met the same recruiter for first round interviews about a week and a half later. First round interview with CGI is just your standard behavioral interview, full of questions like 'What's your greatest stregth?', and the recruiters are very friendly. Be sure to ask questions about the company and the recruiter; I did, and the interview turned into a conversation after a while. I aced the first round interview, but they made me wait another month for the second round interview. They cancelled the original second round interview without any indication they wanted me to come in, and then changed their mind two weeks later, after I had already given up that option and signed my first check for study abroad.

Overall, fantastic interview, on par for what you would expect in any behavioral interview. Second round is on site, and might have been great, but scheduling is terrible.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI.

Met on campus at a career fair, and though I did not meet that GPA requirement, was invited to an initial interview also held on campus. This interview was very laid back, basic "tell me about yourself, major, etc." and essentially just went over my resume with the interviewer. Also, the interviewer gave me an overview of the company and ended with me asking questions. I knew nothing about the company or it's divisions, due to not a lot of information being found online, and he spent an extra 15 minutes talking to me about CGI, going as far as to extend my interview time.

2 weeks later, I received an email inviting me to an on-site interview in Virginia. The company wanted me there in 4 days, and made all arrangements for me <hotel, rental car>. I am in my senior year, and had to make lots of arrangement to accommodate the interview time. I was very appreciative of the opportunity but really wish they would have given me more notice.

I was invited for a 2 day event. I arrived in the evening on Thursday and we went to dinner at a local place with the head of HR, an analyst, and a few technical people also. Everyone was very laid back and spoke highly of the company and the flexibility as well. Also, they constantly talked about how laid back the interviews would be the next day.

The interview day itself consisted of a one hour overview of the company first thing at 9 am. After this, we were taken on a tour of the office, and spent another hour in a Q & A session with 3 people that worked in the office. After that, the HR director spent 45 minutes going over the benefits package, and then we had lunch with 10 people who had worked there less than a year.

Finally after lunch was interview time. It was broken up into 3 different one-on-one interviews: one analytical, and two behavioral. The behavioral was very basic, going over resume, how would you handle situations where your software will not be ready in time, how would have you handled working with difficult people in the past, etc. The analytical was basic logic games, if you were to read a quick logic problem book you should be able to do fine. All in all, a long day, but the interview process was very laid back, as the people interviewing you work in the positions you are interviewing for, and are not HR personnel.

Interview Questions
    • If you exhausted all efforts (time, labor hours) and had to unveil a new software for a company in 4 days and knew you would not be able to have it ready, how would you handle it?   View Answer

I declined the offer I received, due to Abingdon, VA being an extremely small town in the middle of nowhere, and the offer was very low compared to other analyst positions for software companies (initially offered $42,000) Also, advancement in the company seemed to take a lot of time.

I did not fit in with the people in the company, they were predominately IT minded and I am not, etc. Also, the office promotes many work from home opportunities, which I was not interested in.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI.

First Round - On Campus "Fit" Interview

Second Round - Two 30- minute interviews with senior employees

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work as a Business Analyst for CGI?   Answer Question

Received better off from some place else

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

interviewed at CGI in November 2013.

First round is one interviewer, all easy informal behavorial interview questions. Next round is 3 interviews at the main office in Fairfax, VA. These questions are also easy and straight forward. The interviewers are all really nice and helpful, usually senior level consultants.

Interview Questions
    • If you apply for a technical position you will get techinical questions. Business Analyst get behavioral questions that are pretty straight forward and not difficult. One difficult question was describe one time you had to share the leadership role. How did you manage that.   Answer Question