CGI

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CGI in August 2014.

I went through a panel of three interviewers that asked many simple questions and never heard back after the interview. I felt like the process was unorganized and the interviewers at the Crystal City office were not highly skilled at there areas of expertise. I believe the company prefers to hire college graduates rather than skilled experienced applicants.

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

interviewed at CGI in November 2013.

First round is one interviewer, all easy informal behavorial interview questions. Next round is 3 interviews at the main office in Fairfax, VA. These questions are also easy and straight forward. The interviewers are all really nice and helpful, usually senior level consultants.

Interview Questions
    • If you apply for a technical position you will get techinical questions. Business Analyst get behavioral questions that are pretty straight forward and not difficult. One difficult question was describe one time you had to share the leadership role. How did you manage that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI in November 2012.

The process was not to bad. All I had to do was a behavioral interview at my college and then two ones at their office in Fairfax. No case studies. Seems like a lot of young friendly people. and the atmosphere is relaxed.

Interview Questions
    yeah I would try to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI in October 2012.

One on campus interview with the HR recruiter and two on site interviews with two different employees. Rather than interviews, they were more like conversations basically trying to get to know what type of person you were and how what you had worked on in college would correlate to the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength and your worst weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI in November 2011.

4 rounds of 1:1 interview. Interviewed about my previous work experience and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. All the questions were general to Business Analyst position   Answer Question
    They were pretty open to negotiation. Research market salaries before negotiating. Depends on your work experience and how good they like the candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CGI in September 2011.

I interviewed on my campus in September 2011. There was one 30-minute interview that was basic interview material and resume review. They extended an invitation for a site visit in November, where I had two more 30-min interviews that were again just basic behavior and resume reviews, in addition to lunch and time with the recruiters. I received my offer about two weeks after that and was given two weeks plus one extension to consider signing.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate other than getting an extension on making my decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI in May 2011.

I'm sure this isn't conducive to all their hiring fairs; at least that's what I'd like to think. I was called to a company hiring fair but was offered very little detail as to what job I was interviewing for, who the client was, and what the contract would be. When I arrived the person interviewing me was there helping out the lead recruiter and also had very little information to offer regarding what the job was, what it entailed, and how long the overall process would be. The interview was very, very, very vague using general questions like "describe your weaknesses and how you're working on them" and "describe a time you had to stand up for your work". The work environment seemed to be very lax and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to defend your work. How did it work out?   Answer Question
    • If your previous bosses had to describe you in three words, what would they be?   Answer Question

I decided to decline the offer because I simply wasn't given enough information. Granted, it was a contingent job offer and not a full fledged one but I felt all the mystery, mystique and general confusion involved with the hiring process was enough of a sign that this wouldn't be the right job for me. If they cannot tell me what my job will be, when I will start it or other basics during the initial hiring process then what can I expect when I'm fully on board? I just didn't get a good feeling about it at all.