CGI Communications

Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.3

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI Communications.

Hiring process seemed normal, they put you in front of a few people to get a different set of eyes on you. I met with the HR coordinator first, then a Sales Vice President, followed by one of their top executives. Best part was, they were very upfront about expectations and the career path.

Interview Questions
    • No tricky questions, they do want to see confident, competitive , and ambitious people. There was no formal written test or field test, it just seems they want you to be able to think on your feet.   Answer Question
    offered a base with opportunity for massive commissions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI Communications in September 2014.

My interviewer was extremely unprofessional. He showed up half an hour late for my interview because he told me he had gone for a run. He then told me to shadow a sales associate while he went down to shower. He came back and then was very condescending towards me.

After the interview he told me to think about it and call him back the next day, and when I did he didn't answer. I tried later that day. No answer. I tried the next day, no answer, the next day, the day after that, no answer. Finally I called after the weekend and left him a slightly pissed vm and he called me back and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • "So, let me guess, you were the kid that thought you were going to have everything handed to you on a silver plate and would never have to work hard at anything until you one day graduated college and reality hit you in the face, am I right?"   View Answer
    Basically accept this or see ya later

Sales Associate Interview

Gave me a call after submitting resume through Craigslist. Went in for 1 interview which was very easy. No difficult questions, just basically describing the position and company. They will hire anyone that isn't a mute.

No negotiation.

Production Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI Communications.

Responded to job posting on Craigslist. Received a phone call 3 days later to set up interview. Did interview with Department Head. Called back later in the afternoon and was told I received the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. It was more along the lines of "Everything I need to know about you professionally is on your resume, tell me about you, the person, who you are, what are your interests, what do you want to do in life, etc."   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Entry level starts at same rate regardless.

Junior Web Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CGI Communications.

Interviewer was having issues with his new Apple computer, he forgot I was there. He eventually he told me I didn't have any fresh ideas. I didn't offer any ideas. I walked away assuming CGI doesn't hire folks over 50 years of age.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CGI Communications.

Interview with manager of department, generally know results within a week or two.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be the perfect candidate for this job?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, company was very up front with salary from the beginning. I knew what to expect before my interview.

Account Executive Interview

Great, warm, welcome process; very personable HR dept.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CGI Communications.

Phone interview, followed by initial HR interview, followed by direct manager interview

Interview Questions
    Everything is negotiable if you are qualified.

Script Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI Communications.

Found the ad for the job on Craigslist. Sent in resume and writing samples (none of which were looked at during or before interview). Was hired based on personality and likability.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The job was $25,000 a year, 40 hours a week (but once hired, you were thought to be a slacker if you left at 5).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online – interviewed at CGI Communications in April 2012.

1:1 very basic. If your upright and can talk. They will hire you.

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.