CGI

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI.

I got the interview just the day after the college career fair. And the interview was hold on campus on one-on-one base. Questions were basic behavioral. Things like walk through your resume, and strengths and weaknesses.

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI.

Applied via website. About 5 days later, I received a call from a recruiter. The recruiter asked experience questions to make sure I fit the job requirements; she also told me about the company including history, benefits, job location and hours but no specifics on the position. She set up a phone interview with the hiring manager later on that week. My phone interview with the hiring manager lasted about an hour, where we discussed position/project details. My knowledge of the application was questioned as well as some general accounting and behavioral questions. My 2nd phone interview was the next day, with the same hiring manager and another manager. The other manager asked more personality/behavioral questions. Both interviews were very relaxed, not stressful at all. I received an offer by the recruiter that same day, as well as a written offer.

I did not negotiate

Consultant Interview

It was an organized process that involved interviewing with 3 different managers for about 30-45 minutes each. Part of the interviews were conversational and the rest was answering fairly standard questions about my background, experience, skills, etc. I had applied online and their HR reps scheduled these interview meetings. I was also given an opportunity to ask questions about the position, which was very helpful. Overall, everything went very smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where your were not given sufficient details about a project and explain what you did to "fill in the blanks" to get the project completed.   Answer Question
    They made a fair offer and were firm with it. No further negotiations were allowed.

Consultant Interview

Applied on the university career site and interviewed on campus within a month. Interviewed by two different people, very intense and asked various questions. Was asked about my leadership experience and working with groups. It was obvious that being able to work well in a group was important for the position because many of the questions focused on that. Think quickly and answer questions as specifically as possible. One of my hardest interviews to date.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me difficult questions on different problem solving.   Answer Question

1 Phone interview with Recruiter general questions
    2 Phone interview with Hiring Manager very detail interview
    3 On site Interview with Senior Consultant good interview not hard
    4 On site Interview with Director approval interview

4 rounds on the same day. Pretty cool for a BA role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Flew me to Troy, AL for interview. Had a short interviews with two people (It was a bit worrisome that they said I was going to meet with 3 people and only met with two). Followed by a "background check". Only one week from offer to start date (this is a bit tight for a choosing a mover and packing for cross-country move).

Interview Questions
    • None, there were fairly standard technical interview questions. No "write me java code to do X".   Answer Question
    If they say they are doing a "background check" start getting estimates for movers.

Consultant Interview

interview was good but the whole process took longer than expected

Consultant Interview

On Campus interview, phone interview, in office interview

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Started out with a campus interview which focused on personality. Invited to on-site interview which were 3 rounds of interviews with different people. Along with the on-site interviews was a dinner interview the night before. One of the on-site interviews focused on personality, one on functional skills, and one on development skills. The interviews were all 1 on 1. The people were friendly and the interviews laid back. Lunch was given in between and more was learned about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What, if anything is wrong with this code snippet. The snippet was a simple C++ snippet that demonstrated inheritance.   View Answer
    Wasn't negotiable.