CGI

CGI Consultant Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI in November 2013.

I started with a 30 minute interview on campus one on one just to get a sense of my skills and comforts. It mostly went over my resume and availability. There was no initial technical screening. Then there was a follow up on the phone briefly to invite me to me to an on campus interview. The on campus interview was done on a day with about 30 other candidates and I had three separate interviews with developers. They asked me questions about my experience and problem solving, but I never actually had to write any code in a technical interview sense

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult questions and there weren't very many were asking for programming concepts for specific languages like how inheritance works and object oriented design. There were no actual coding questions.   Answer Question
No negotiation was optional. They were unwilling to meet other offers.

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI in October 2013.

They had an interview at my college campus. They then emailed me for a second interview shortly after. The second interview session consisted of lunch, talking with young employees, and two interviews. The interviews were your basic Behavioral and were helpful for finding out what jobs the people serve.

We also had a tour of the facility. In all it was pretty simple. One of the interviewers hadn't ever interviewed people and pretty much followed the sheet with questions he had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

The process was straight forward. The initial interview was by phone. The second interview was in Fairfax and it tok approximately 3 hours. During that time I met with 3 key managers and spoke with them regarding the company and what my task would be within the company.

Interview Questions
    • N/A the conversation was pretty straight forward and flowed very smoothly.   View Answer
    I was fairly short due to the reason it was my first job out of college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI in April 2013.

I got the first interview through my university's career center. The person I interviewed with was very nice and the interview seemed more like a conversation, which made things a lot less stressful. A few days later I got an email inviting me to an onsite interview.

During the onsite interview you go through a mini tour, debriefing, and two behavioral interviews. They also provide lunch and a panel of new hires to answer any questions applicants may have about the company. This part is "off the record" so your participation is not evaluated in the decision process. It is solely for the benefit of the applicant.

The interviews themselves were similar to the first interview, where the interviewer was very relaxed and conducted the interview as more of a conversation. They usually get back to you with a decision within two weeks.

Overall, interviewing with CGI Federal will probably be the most pleasant experience you will ever have!

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult to answer at all. The questions are designed so that your interviewer can better understand you and your personal brand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CGI in October 2012.

Applied online through my college network and got into an on-campus interview. The interviewer was an alumni and we talked about classes. It consisted of a half hour of mostly behavioral questions.

Then moved up to the onsite interview in Herndon. They showed us around the building and got about 6-7 consultants for us to ask anything. Then it came down to two 40 minute interviews. Once again they were mostly behavioral questions. Very friendly people.

Heard back from them the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral, working with lazy coworkers, challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Declined because I received another offer from a similar company that I felt a better fit in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI in October 2011.

Started with a laid back on-campus interview. About two weeks later I was invited to on-site interviews. I had 3 interviews with managers who were very easy going.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which your integrity was called into question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI in March 2011.

Straight forward behavioral interview process.

All they really wanted to see was that you are capable and have a interest in technology.

Interview Questions
    • Describe ANOTHER time you worked in a bad team environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI in October 2010.

Phone interview, on site interview. The company was looking for someone to be in a leadership position. They asked many general and job specific questions pertaining to job skills.

Interview Questions
    • How to you handle difficult clients   View Answer
    • What was the most difficult project you have done   View Answer
    HR is very good at negotiating salaries. Be sure to have a cut off point for yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI in April 2010.

Typical half hour college interview with a bunch of personality questions. I wasn't graduating for another year so I was told that there will be no offer coming from that interview. However I recently got a call asking me to come for a follow up this semester. The interview was pretty easy with basic personality questions asking to describe obstacles, difficult coworkers, leadership experience, and free time activities. I was also allowed to ask questions about the company and how i would fit into it since I don't have much (basically none) programming experience. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the interview was in the form of a conversational rather than interrogation. At the end I was asked if I had any closing remarks about anything on my resume or transcript - a gesture I appreciated because I did want to clarify a few points.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you didn't get along with a coworker or team member. How did you deal with it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI in March 2010.

Interview on campus, then phone interview with an HR recruiter. They then paid for me to travel to their office, and had a 3-4 hour session, including a tour of the building, and 3 1:1 interviews. I'm an incredibly confident interviewer and was actually surprised how easy the interviews were- technical questions were simple, interviewers were generally nice (too easy, asking generic questions) but the more technical ones barely spoke english and were much to awkward to be talking.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a problem and how you fixed it   View Answer
    • Explain difference between object oriented languages and non-object oriented   View Answer

A similar offer from a smaller company, one with much better ratings online.