Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI
- Consultant (68)
- Business Analyst (56)
- Associate Software Engineer (52)
- Senior Consultant (27)
- Software Engineer (22)
- IT Consultant (18)
- Senior Software Engineer (17)
- Software Developer (14)
- Technical Consultant (12)
- Project Manager (11)
- Junior IT Consultant (8)
- Analyst (8)
- Applications Developer (7)
- Entry Level IT Consultant (7)
- Programmer Analyst (6)
- Intern (5)
- Java Developer (4)
- Associate Systems Engineer (4)
- Technical Analyst (4)
- ASE (4)
- Internship (3)
- Test Engineer (3)
- Oracle Database Administrator (3)
- Programmer/Analyst (3)
- Stagiaire (3)
- .NET Developer (3)
- Developer (3)
- Entry Level Bus Analyst (3)
- Director Consulting Services (2)
- Entry Level Business Analyst (2)
Entry Level IT Consultant Interview
I applied the position on my school's career website. I got the interview notice a month later.
- Describe the very detailed processes and the work you did in the past project Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for CGI
Entry Level IT Consultant InterviewDeclined OfferAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Houston, TX).
Terrible process. HR people are not cooperative. Not clear with immegration rules. They are reluctant to do H1.
- Prepare all HR related questions, apptitude and OOPS concepts. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Very poor salalry and immegration issues
Entry Level IT Consultant InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.
I was selected for campus recruitment. In my first interview at campus , the questions they asked were behavioral.I was selected and gave three rounds of back to back interviews with different managers of the company related to technical , leadership and analytical respectively .
- The interview was simple Answer Question
Entry Level IT Consultant InterviewNo OfferEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Troy, AL) in March 2013.
I first put in an application online. The recruiter contacted me and told me more about the company and informed me they were coming to my campus. I interviewed on campus and was later invited to a site interview. The interview was 3 - 30 minute interviews.
- The technical questions basically were based on what I listed on my resume and the course I have taken. Also gave an example of a current project I was working on. Be prepared to answer questions such as "Why Answer Question
Entry Level IT Consultant InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2012.
Applied through on-campus recruiting & made it through to first-round interviews. Thought I completely bombed the interview - didn't have good chemistry with the interviewer, who basically read off questions on a list (non-stop behavioral questions) & didn't seem like she wanted to be there. Invited to second round interviews at their office. Started off with a nice luncheon and group panel of recent college hires to answer questions. Afterwards, had a brief office tour & 2 30-min. interviews with a consultant and manager. Went through resume with consultant, while manager asked more tricky questions. Not bad experience.
- What's something cool that you did in the last 6 or 8 months? That deadline question that someone posted earlier. Answer Question
Entry Level IT Consultant InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2012.
I had my resume posted on my college's career site and received an email from the CGI recruiter requesting an interview. I went through my school's site to schedule an on campus interview. The interview was originally scheduled on the Monday that hurricane Sandy hit, so it ended up being pushed back a week. My interviewer said that he was not normally the one that did the initial screening but was here due to the rescheduling and would not be asking typical interview questions. The position I was interviewing for was a technical position, but most of the questions just had to do with the company. I came away feeling like I knew a lot about the company and he knew a lot about me, but not about the technical skills that I could bring. He did not have a business card on him at the time so I wasn't able to pursue further contact after the interview and have not heard back from them yet.
- There were no technical questions asked during the interview, it was mostly about what I was looking for. Answer Question
Entry-Level IT Consultant InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.
This was a one-on-one interview with a college recruiter. It lasted about 30 minutes and no difficult behavioural nor technical questions were asked. The recruiter began by describing the position I applied for, followed by a brief conversation about a previous internship experience of mine. The overall interview experience was neutral, as I wish the representative had been a little more conversational.
- What do you know about CGI Group? Answer Question
Entry Level IT Consultant InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CGI.
I applied through the CGI career website. After a about 3 weeks I received a call from an HR representative asking if I was still interested in the position. The process consisted of an initial phone screen and 3 interviews with senior consultants. Questions included behavioral, technical, and leadership questions. Each senior consultant described the types of projects I could be working on and the community where CGI Federal is located. After two days I received an offer. The whole process took approximately 5 weeks.
- Using OOP concepts describe how to build a pickup truck? Answer Question
- You have three light bulbs in the basement and three light switches upstairs. How do you determine which bulb belongs to which switch? 1 Answer
- Its Wednesday and you have an application due Friday, but it contains bugs and is behind schedule. Do you submit the program as is to the client? or Do you work 3 20 hr days to complete the project? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review