CGI

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.8

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CGI.

I was contacted by a member of the Darmstadt (Germany) office who found me on LinkedIn. We had an interesting Email conversation where I also sent him my CV. After reviewing the CV he invited me for an on-site interview.

The interview was not as technical as I expected. I was interviewed by 2 people who were both in management rather than senior developers. They asked a lot of standard questions like what were my strength and weaknesses, and asked details about my CV. They also wanted to know how my writing in English was, if I could write reports, if I was able to do presentations in-house as well as for clients, and if I was willing to travel to a customer if necessary. They also asked me for my salary expectations.

After the interview I was given a coding question to solve at home within one week in Java. The question was an algorithmic question, similar to Google Code Jam.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation took place in a phone call. I found it quite tough, and in the end was told that they had to consult the committee. The last steps of the negotiation were done by email.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

I applied for the position via the website several months ago.
    The recruiter contacted me and asked some basic questions about my technical skills.

I was then setup with three 30-minute phone interviews.
    The entire process was very quick and interviews were more casual than formal.

I was contacted by my recruiter and offered the position a few days later and sent a link to open and either accept or decline the position.

I would have loved to accept the position, however, they offered me $8,000 less than what I asked for.

Interview Questions

Their offer was much less than what I requested.