CGI Interview Questions in Germany

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Interview

I applied for the position via the website several months ago. The recruiter contacted me and asked some basic questions about my technical skills. I was then setup with three 30-minute phone interviews. The entire process was very quick and interviews were more casual than formal. I was contacted by my recruiter and offered the position a few days later and sent a link to open and either accept or decline the position. I would have loved to accept the position, however, they offered me $8,000 less than what I asked for.

Interview Questions

Their offer was much less than what I requested.

Consultant Infrastruktur Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2015.

Interview

Mir wurde das Unternehmen über XING von einem Personalvermittler vorgeschlagen. Das Erstgespräch fand telefonisch mit dem Sector Manager statt, der sich und die Firma vorstellte, anschließend wurde einen Termin zu einem persönlichen Gespräch vereinbart. Beim persönlichen Gespräch war der Sector Manager und ein weiterer Sector Manager dabei. Das Gespräch lief sehr locker. Man muss sich im Grunde gar nichts vorbereiten. Zuerst wurde das Unternehmen nochmal vorgestellt, dann die ganzen Karriere-, Rollenmodelle usw. und schließlich das Gehaltsmodell vorgestellt.

Interview Questions

• Mir wurden Fragen zu einem Szenario gestellt, für das ich als Kenntnis angegeben habe.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CGI (Darmstadt (Germany)).

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the Darmstadt (Germany) office who found me on LinkedIn. We had an interesting Email conversation where I also sent him my CV. After reviewing the CV he invited me for an on-site interview. The interview was not as technical as I expected. I was interviewed by 2 people who were both in management rather than senior developers. They asked a lot of standard questions like what were my strength and weaknesses, and asked details about my CV. They also wanted to know how my writing in English was, if I could write reports, if I was able to do presentations in-house as well as for clients, and if I was willing to travel to a customer if necessary. They also asked me for my salary expectations. After the interview I was given a coding question to solve at home within one week in Java. The question was an algorithmic question, similar to Google Code Jam.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation took place in a phone call. I found it quite tough, and in the end was told that they had to consult the committee. The last steps of the negotiation were done by email.