CGI Group

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – I was sent an email asking if I was interested in a position. Once I responded, a time for a phone interview was set up. From there, I had to fill out a form for my background check and clearance verification.

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – I originally approached them at an on-campus career fair and was immediately granted an interview the next day after reviewing my resume. The interview was very casual and the question were either behavioral or related to my previous experience.

After some time, I was invited to their offices in Fairfax, VA for an on-site interview. I decided to go with the morning shift. There were several other college-aged students who were invited as well. The HR representatives took us on a quick tour of the offices and then reviewed the benefits and perks of CGI. We were then assigned to two 30 minute one-on-one interviews with consultants in the company. Most of the questions were behavioral. Some of the questions asked were very simple technical questions, such as "What is polymorphism?" and "How do you split a certain data structure?" After the two interviews, we were provided lunch and a panel of new hires who could answer any questions we had about the company. The panel of new hires did not factor into the company's decision to extend an offer or not.

It seems like the process depends on who you get to interview you. I originally thought one of the consultants didn't like me, but then I received a call saying that they would like to extend me an offer. There is no negotiation for entry level new hires. They will listen to your requests, but politely decline. You can only negotiate more time on your decision.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I received another offer that I thought was more suited towards my interests.

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter after posting my resume on my school job board. Had a nice phone interview and was invited for an onsite interview the day after. Went up a few weeks later for the onsite interview. It was a pleasant experience, definitely one of my better interviews. Had 2 interviews with senior consultants. The second was a bit more technical than the first, but my interviewer gave me a lot of great tips on how I could improve. Had lunch with a panel of recent graduates after.

Interview Question – Tell me about how you operate in a group setting.   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CGI Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by recruiter. They found my resume on Monster and they asked me if I was interested. I went to the interview 2 days later and received offer 2 days after interview.

Interview Question – All questions are straight forward, they went through the job responsibilities and only asked me to explained what I did in my previous position.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Mostly technical interview with 2 or 3 round and then HR interview.

Interview Question – Technical with hands on experience question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As i join 8 year back and I join as fresh that time

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CGI Group in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was a standard process for the position: there was a interview with an HR rep, then an interview with the team leader and department managers (which included a skills then), and then a meeting where the position was offered. Didn't feel pressured during the process and was able to be myself.

Interview Question – Skills test   Answer Question

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!