CGI Group

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lebanon, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – The recruited through campus recruiting. First had a screening interview on campus and was invited for on site interviews thereafter. The dinner the night before my actual on site interviews served as a confidence booster for my actual interviews. The employees I met were very help in explaining the interview process.

I had 3 interviews, 1 technical, 1 behavioral and I'm not sure what to call the last one but I only had one question that was kind of like a puzzle. The technical interview was not that difficult. It was a short 5 questions on OOP/Java/SQL and then a white board question where I was asked to implement a function that computes the factorial of a number.

You get a tour of their offices. Form my perception of the people, I'll say they have a very good work/life balance and most of the employees seem very happy to be working there.

I got an offer two weeks later.

Interview Question – Implement a function that compute factorial of a number. -- This is not difficult but I'm required to fill this out so   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary is below industry average but this is expected given the location of their campuses.

Madison, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interesting, you need to know cutting edge technologies of your respective domain to begin with.

Interview Question – Work ethics at client location   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Work location, Immigration VISA Processing

Application Developer Interview

Application Developer
Lebanon, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – First I emailed the college recruiter and set up a time to interview on-campus. Then at the interview they asked behavioral type questions. After this they contacted me to attend an onsite interview where they had a general presentation by the Lead Manager of the Commercial side of CGI, followed by a group presentation by HR going over benefits. Then we had an open panel interview with other employees of CGI where we could ask any questions of the employees to get an inside perspective. Then the afternoon was three 1:1 interviews consisting of behavioral questions for two of them, and then a skills test. Everyone was very nice and the interviews were mostly relaxed. There were 20+ people interviewing at the same time I was. Everyone was very nice and CGI treated us very well with lunch and dinner.

Interview Question – What experiences have you had delegating work, and how did they turn out?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just know that since this is an "offshore" employment site that the pay is a little lower, but the location is a very low cost so the pay difference balances out.

Very Easy Interview

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in July 2009.

Interview Details – First interview was with an HR consultant, second interview was with a project manager. No technical resource was utilized for the interview process.

Interview Question – Asked where I saw myself in five years; this is typically a bogus throw-away question for someone in my field.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a staring salary just under $60,000 / year. I recommend strongly to negotiate for a higher salary than usual as you will be stuck at that figure with no bonuses or profit share for many years going forward.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!