CGI Group

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Belton, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Learnt about the position at my college's career fair. First on-campus interview, then was invited to the location for a series of technical, behavioral and general HR interviews. Questions were reasonable enough and nothing out of the ordinary.

At the end we had lunch with other recent college hires and they also gave a presentation about bnefits etc.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Belton, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met at a career fair, which led to an on campus interview. A week later i was asked to go to a event located at their facilities where i had 3 separate interviews. We had lunch at the facility, and got to talk with recent hires about their experiences. After lunch we were introduced to a panel of two more employees where we could ask more questions about the company. There was a very friendly atmosphere around the organization.

Interview Question – Just explaining things on your resume, and writing code on a white board.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Belton, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got the initial on-campus interview through a university career fair. It was a informal and non-technical. A week later there was a set of three followup interviews on-site. One behavioral, one technical, and one about experience and qualifications that included one simple coding question. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. The technical interview had three simple coding questions and a few general knowledge questions that were mostly about object-oriented programming.

Interview Question – Some of the behavioral questions were about times when I was in a certain situation and how I handled it. Those were harder for me than the coding questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Belton, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Interview was on Campus
- Asked basic interview questions. Not very technical at all. Mostly behavioral.

Second Interview was on site
-3 Rounds of interviews. One technical, One behavioral, and One with director
- Looking for team oriented, self empowered, very highly motivated
-Be prepared to back up ALL your technical skills. You may even have to write some code on a board. Depending on if you are going in as a BA or Developer

Interview Question – What are the steps to the SDLC   Answer Question

Entry Level Bus Analyst Interview

Belton, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Started with an on campus interview then about 4 weeks later I got invited back to on site interviews with 3 different managers. The interview was very laid back and I gained a lot of insite on the company.

Interview Question – Very basic questions about your self and how you work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate pay because it was an entry level postion.

Entry-Level Applications Developer, Belton, TX Interview

Belton, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, did a phone interview basically questions of what you know about CGI and behavioral questions. Then invited to have 3 one-on-one interviews at their new location. I did well on defining the basic things like encapsulation, inheritance, class, interface and to give the occasional example. What threw me off was previous posts stating they do not ask coding questions, just about projects completed. However, I was asked to code a Factorial function, program to calculate the sum of even numbers from a given input to zero. In addition, I was also asked to give SQL database query statements, like SELECT * FROM table_name and INSERT INTO certain columns specified VALUES - Hint make sure you ask about the specific formatting of the date. When leavin, another applicant, with me, did not mention being asked any coding questions only liking that it was just talking about projects. Maybe I got the harder questions due to having a 4.0 gpa...They also paid mileage and one night's hotel, but it takes like 8 weeks to receive the reimbursement.

Interview Question – Write a code that takes an input number and outputs the sum of all the EVEN numbers from that number down to zero.
Write a function that, given a number as input, returns the factorial of that number.
  View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Belton, TX

I interviewed at CGI Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Several interviews. HR first on the phone. The next interview was face to face with development manager and team leader. The questions were more about how to solve problems than straight api questions which was good since anyone can memorize an api and the ide have all of that at this point.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CGI Group interview questions and advice in Belton, TX. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by CGI Group employees and interview candidates.