CGI Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Crystal City, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CGI Group in August 2014.

I went through a panel of three interviewers that asked many simple questions and never heard back after the interview. I felt like the process was unorganized and the interviewers at the Crystal City office were not highly skilled at there areas of expertise. I believe the company prefers to hire college graduates rather than skilled experienced applicants.

Other Interview Reviews for CGI Group

Business Analyst Interview

After applying online through their website it took 2 days to be contacted for a phone interview. Which was fairly easy, the questions pertained to my work experience and how it could be applied to the position in question.
    Shortly after, approximately 2 days or so, I received an email to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest contribution you can make to CGI Group?   View Answer

I had received another offer from another company.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

First Round - On Campus "Fit" Interview

Second Round - Two 30- minute interviews with senior employees

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work as a Business Analyst for CGI?   Answer Question

Received better off from some place else

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abingdon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group.

Met on campus at a career fair, and though I did not meet that GPA requirement, was invited to an initial interview also held on campus. This interview was very laid back, basic "tell me about yourself, major, etc." and essentially just went over my resume with the interviewer. Also, the interviewer gave me an overview of the company and ended with me asking questions. I knew nothing about the company or it's divisions, due to not a lot of information being found online, and he spent an extra 15 minutes talking to me about CGI, going as far as to extend my interview time.

2 weeks later, I received an email inviting me to an on-site interview in Virginia. The company wanted me there in 4 days, and made all arrangements for me <hotel, rental car>. I am in my senior year, and had to make lots of arrangement to accommodate the interview time. I was very appreciative of the opportunity but really wish they would have given me more notice.

I was invited for a 2 day event. I arrived in the evening on Thursday and we went to dinner at a local place with the head of HR, an analyst, and a few technical people also. Everyone was very laid back and spoke highly of the company and the flexibility as well. Also, they constantly talked about how laid back the interviews would be the next day.

The interview day itself consisted of a one hour overview of the company first thing at 9 am. After this, we were taken on a tour of the office, and spent another hour in a Q & A session with 3 people that worked in the office. After that, the HR director spent 45 minutes going over the benefits package, and then we had lunch with 10 people who had worked there less than a year.

Finally after lunch was interview time. It was broken up into 3 different one-on-one interviews: one analytical, and two behavioral. The behavioral was very basic, going over resume, how would you handle situations where your software will not be ready in time, how would have you handled working with difficult people in the past, etc. The analytical was basic logic games, if you were to read a quick logic problem book you should be able to do fine. All in all, a long day, but the interview process was very laid back, as the people interviewing you work in the positions you are interviewing for, and are not HR personnel.

Interview Questions
    • If you exhausted all efforts (time, labor hours) and had to unveil a new software for a company in 4 days and knew you would not be able to have it ready, how would you handle it?   View Answer

I declined the offer I received, due to Abingdon, VA being an extremely small town in the middle of nowhere, and the offer was very low compared to other analyst positions for software companies (initially offered $42,000) Also, advancement in the company seemed to take a lot of time.

I did not fit in with the people in the company, they were predominately IT minded and I am not, etc. Also, the office promotes many work from home opportunities, which I was not interested in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

First round is one interviewer, all easy informal behavorial interview questions. Next round is 3 interviews at the main office in Fairfax, VA. These questions are also easy and straight forward. The interviewers are all really nice and helpful, usually senior level consultants.

Interview Questions
    • If you apply for a technical position you will get techinical questions. Business Analyst get behavioral questions that are pretty straight forward and not difficult. One difficult question was describe one time you had to share the leadership role. How did you manage that.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

HR interview via phone, background check started, meet with manager in person, After a day or two received call from HR to chat with director. The latter meet was personality check. HR called few days later, would run a background check. After a week and a half HR called to offer the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

I was an employee referral for CGI Federal. I had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for in an person interview with HR and then the manager. Unexpectedly there were 3 gentlemen in the manager's tiny office (one kept yawning). The HR person said they would let me know either way in a follow-up email I sent. I sent a 4th and final email about a month later and never received a reply. I still don't know if the position was filled. They didn't let the person that referred me know either. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

Met at a career fair, which led to an on campus interview. A week later i was asked to go to a event located at their facilities where i had 3 separate interviews. We had lunch at the facility, and got to talk with recent hires about their experiences. After lunch we were introduced to a panel of two more employees where we could ask more questions about the company. There was a very friendly atmosphere around the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Just explaining things on your resume, and writing code on a white board.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

3 - 30 minute interviews on where I would fit best. Very general and nothing too hard.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CGI Group.

Met with the company at a school career fair and they took me for an in person interview the next day. Afterward (about 3 - 4 weeks), I was called for a 2 part phone interview which was very informal and was really purposed to gauge my competency with regards to the software development process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel that your skills would make you a good analyst?   Answer Question

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!