CGI Group

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Athens, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – Screening Interview-> 3 Part Interview (Leadership, Technical, Functional)->Conclusion

Interview Question – 3 light bulbs and 3 light switches, the lights are upstairs and the switches are downstairs. With no extra help, and no one else around, by making one trip how do you figure out which light goes to which switch?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – N/A

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – First Round - On Campus "Fit" Interview

Second Round - Two 30- minute interviews with senior employees

Interview Question – Why would you like to work as a Business Analyst for CGI?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received better off from some place else

Abingdon, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Met on campus at a career fair, and though I did not meet that GPA requirement, was invited to an initial interview also held on campus. This interview was very laid back, basic "tell me about yourself, major, etc." and essentially just went over my resume with the interviewer. Also, the interviewer gave me an overview of the company and ended with me asking questions. I knew nothing about the company or it's divisions, due to not a lot of information being found online, and he spent an extra 15 minutes talking to me about CGI, going as far as to extend my interview time.

2 weeks later, I received an email inviting me to an on-site interview in Virginia. The company wanted me there in 4 days, and made all arrangements for me <hotel, rental car>. I am in my senior year, and had to make lots of arrangement to accommodate the interview time. I was very appreciative of the opportunity but really wish they would have given me more notice.

I was invited for a 2 day event. I arrived in the evening on Thursday and we went to dinner at a local place with the head of HR, an analyst, and a few technical people also. Everyone was very laid back and spoke highly of the company and the flexibility as well. Also, they constantly talked about how laid back the interviews would be the next day.

The interview day itself consisted of a one hour overview of the company first thing at 9 am. After this, we were taken on a tour of the office, and spent another hour in a Q & A session with 3 people that worked in the office. After that, the HR director spent 45 minutes going over the benefits package, and then we had lunch with 10 people who had worked there less than a year.

Finally after lunch was interview time. It was broken up into 3 different one-on-one interviews: one analytical, and two behavioral. The behavioral was very basic, going over resume, how would you handle situations where your software will not be ready in time, how would have you handled working with difficult people in the past, etc. The analytical was basic logic games, if you were to read a quick logic problem book you should be able to do fine. All in all, a long day, but the interview process was very laid back, as the people interviewing you work in the positions you are interviewing for, and are not HR personnel.

Interview Question – If you exhausted all efforts (time, labor hours) and had to unveil a new software for a company in 4 days and knew you would not be able to have it ready, how would you handle it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer I received, due to Abingdon, VA being an extremely small town in the middle of nowhere, and the offer was very low compared to other analyst positions for software companies (initially offered $42,000) Also, advancement in the company seemed to take a lot of time.

I did not fit in with the people in the company, they were predominately IT minded and I am not, etc. Also, the office promotes many work from home opportunities, which I was not interested in.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Belton, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met at a career fair, which led to an on campus interview. A week later i was asked to go to a event located at their facilities where i had 3 separate interviews. We had lunch at the facility, and got to talk with recent hires about their experiences. After lunch we were introduced to a panel of two more employees where we could ask more questions about the company. There was a very friendly atmosphere around the organization.

Interview Question – Just explaining things on your resume, and writing code on a white board.   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was an employee referral for CGI Federal. I had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for in an person interview with HR and then the manager. Unexpectedly there were 3 gentlemen in the manager's tiny office (one kept yawning). The HR person said they would let me know either way in a follow-up email I sent. I sent a 4th and final email about a month later and never received a reply. I still don't know if the position was filled. They didn't let the person that referred me know either. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – "do you like to write?" - it was embarrassing.   Answer Question

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – 3 - 30 minute interviews on where I would fit best. Very general and nothing too hard.

Interview Question – Just be prepared to back up what's on your résumé.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Met with the company at a school career fair and they took me for an in person interview the next day. Afterward (about 3 - 4 weeks), I was called for a 2 part phone interview which was very informal and was really purposed to gauge my competency with regards to the software development process.

Interview Question – Why do you feel that your skills would make you a good analyst?   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – After meeting the recruiter at the career fair, I was called up for an initial phone screening. I was told by the person who screened me that she thought I would be a good fit for the company, so she would try to set up another interview before being invited on site. The second interview didn't happen, but I was invited on site for the two day interview process that you will read about for campus recruiting.

I drove 8 hours to the on site location. On night one there was a free dinner provided to all of us where we meet the other 19 people in our interview group and a few of the CGI employees. Dinner was fun, and I ended up liking the entire group of people.

The next day was the on site interview day. Arrive early in the morning and be handed a schedule. Basically, you go through an HR presentation, walk around the site, have a panel question/discussion, and you also have interviews with three CGI people. Not all of them are actual recruiters. A free lunch is provided during and after, you fill out an evaluation. You are then sent on your merry way and wait to hear back from them.

One thing, though. It doesn't matter what position you applied for, they are interviewing you for every position available to campus students. It's only after when they decide if you are a good fit and where you might be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• You have two pieces of rope at identical length. They both burn one hour long, but how do you get them to burn in 45 minutes?   View Answers (2)
  • How many times do both clock hands meet, and I can't remember if he said in a 24 hour period or how many times total it is possible for both hands of a clock to meet overall.   View Answer

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – I had three 30 minute behavioral interviews that were not that difficult. The interviewers were all very pleasant and wanted me to succeed.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Applied to the position online and a few days later received an email from the recruiter. Had my initial interview with the recruiter which was easy and nothing out of the ordinary. Explained my resume and how I thought I could use my experience in the role I was applying for. The recruiter also asked if I was interviewing with anyone else to which I said yes. She asked that I just let her know if another offer was given to me, which makes sense.

At the end of the initial call, the recruiter said she was going to move forward with me. She asked that I email her my schedule and that she would find time for two more phone interviews (with two other people). These calls were set up quickly and were only 30 minutes each. These interviews were more intense as the two people who interviewed me wanted to know exactly what my qualifications were and specific information regarding previous experience. Since I was a good fit for the position, this was not bad, but they certainly drilled down my resume.

After finishing the second and third phone interview, I received an email pretty quickly from the recruiter saying she got the ok to schedule me for a final, in-person interview. At this point, I had received another offer. I mentioned that to the recruiter and she sped up the process. The final interview was on location and was with two people. I joined them in their office and they spent the next hour asking me questions. One individual was more technical and the other was more business. Very nice people who did not ask anything out of the ordinary. They were also aware that I had been made another offer and assured me they would expedite the process so I could make a decision if they decided to make an offer.

About 24 hours later the recruiter called me and told me they would match the other offer and that I would be receiving the offer letter shortly. Within 48 hours from the final interview I had the offer letter along with all the benefits information. After analysis, I let the recruiter know I would be taking the other offer. The recruiter responded and wished me luck in my new position. Then, about two days later, I get a call from the recruiter who leaves a voice mail asking me to call back. I call back the next day but she did not answer and I never heard back. My guess is they were willing to up the offer but I missed the call.

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CGI Group Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by CGI Group employees and interview candidates.