CGI Group

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CGI Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed on my campus in September 2011. There was one 30-minute interview that was basic interview material and resume review. They extended an invitation for a site visit in November, where I had two more 30-min interviews that were again just basic behavior and resume reviews, in addition to lunch and time with the recruiters. I received my offer about two weeks after that and was given two weeks plus one extension to consider signing.

Interview Question – Can't recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate other than getting an extension on making my decision.

Very Easy Interview

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – The process was not to bad. All I had to do was a behavioral interview at my college and then two ones at their office in Fairfax. No case studies. Seems like a lot of young friendly people. and the atmosphere is relaxed.

Interview Question – Just tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yeah I would try to negotiate

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of 1:1 interview. Interviewed about my previous work experience and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – None. All the questions were general to Business Analyst position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were pretty open to negotiation. Research market salaries before negotiating. Depends on your work experience and how good they like the candidate.

Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – I'm sure this isn't conducive to all their hiring fairs; at least that's what I'd like to think. I was called to a company hiring fair but was offered very little detail as to what job I was interviewing for, who the client was, and what the contract would be. When I arrived the person interviewing me was there helping out the lead recruiter and also had very little information to offer regarding what the job was, what it entailed, and how long the overall process would be. The interview was very, very, very vague using general questions like "describe your weaknesses and how you're working on them" and "describe a time you had to stand up for your work". The work environment seemed to be very lax and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to defend your work. How did it work out?   Answer Question
  • If your previous bosses had to describe you in three words, what would they be?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided to decline the offer because I simply wasn't given enough information. Granted, it was a contingent job offer and not a full fledged one but I felt all the mystery, mystique and general confusion involved with the hiring process was enough of a sign that this wouldn't be the right job for me. If they cannot tell me what my job will be, when I will start it or other basics during the initial hiring process then what can I expect when I'm fully on board? I just didn't get a good feeling about it at all.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CGI Group Business Analyst interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by CGI Group employees and interview candidates.