CGI Group Consultant Interview Questions

2.6

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2013.

Interview process was quick. 3 30-minute interviews with senior consultants, vice-president of deliverables or solutions. Very basic questions. All three interviewers will basically go through the same routine. They will also review your resume and ask you to explain and "sell" yourself. Know yourself and review a wide variety of interview questions and should be okay.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions, all very basic recruiting questions.   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for CGI Group

4 rounds on the same day. Pretty cool for a BA role

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

They mainly want to see that you will work hard and contribute good values to a team. Just because you don't have an answer to one of the questions doesn't mean its wrong to say that you don't have an answer or you have never been in that situation before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

I started with a 30 minute interview on campus one on one just to get a sense of my skills and comforts. It mostly went over my resume and availability. There was no initial technical screening. Then there was a follow up on the phone briefly to invite me to me to an on campus interview. The on campus interview was done on a day with about 30 other candidates and I had three separate interviews with developers. They asked me questions about my experience and problem solving, but I never actually had to write any code in a technical interview sense

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions and there weren't very many were asking for programming concepts for specific languages like how inheritance works and object oriented design. There were no actual coding questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was optional. They were unwilling to meet other offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Flew me to Troy, AL for interview. Had a short interviews with two people (It was a bit worrisome that they said I was going to meet with 3 people and only met with two). Followed by a "background check". Only one week from offer to start date (this is a bit tight for a choosing a mover and packing for cross-country move).

Interview Questions
    • None, there were fairly standard technical interview questions. No "write me java code to do X".   Answer Question
    If they say they are doing a "background check" start getting estimates for movers.

Consultant Interview

On Campus interview, phone interview, in office interview

no negotiation

Consultant Interview

interview was good but the whole process took longer than expected

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lebanon, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Started out with a campus interview which focused on personality. Invited to on-site interview which were 3 rounds of interviews with different people. Along with the on-site interviews was a dinner interview the night before. One of the on-site interviews focused on personality, one on functional skills, and one on development skills. The interviews were all 1 on 1. The people were friendly and the interviews laid back. Lunch was given in between and more was learned about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What, if anything is wrong with this code snippet. The snippet was a simple C++ snippet that demonstrated inheritance.   View Answer
    Wasn't negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

They had an interview at my college campus. They then emailed me for a second interview shortly after. The second interview session consisted of lunch, talking with young employees, and two interviews. The interviews were your basic Behavioral and were helpful for finding out what jobs the people serve.

We also had a tour of the facility. In all it was pretty simple. One of the interviewers hadn't ever interviewed people and pretty much followed the sheet with questions he had.

Consultant Interview

Met with a representative at a career fair, invited to an interview the next day. A week after the interview I was asked to come to an on-site recruiting event with two analytical interviews. Those interviews are in 2 weeks. The process so far has been smooth and contact has been good with the campus recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a group member that didn't pull his weight.   Answer Question

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!