CGI Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Interview Details – 4 rounds on the same day. Pretty cool for a BA role

Interview Question – Define a requirement   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – They mainly want to see that you will work hard and contribute good values to a team. Just because you don't have an answer to one of the questions doesn't mean its wrong to say that you don't have an answer or you have never been in that situation before.

Interview Question – How do you work smarter, not harder?   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – I started with a 30 minute interview on campus one on one just to get a sense of my skills and comforts. It mostly went over my resume and availability. There was no initial technical screening. Then there was a follow up on the phone briefly to invite me to me to an on campus interview. The on campus interview was done on a day with about 30 other candidates and I had three separate interviews with developers. They asked me questions about my experience and problem solving, but I never actually had to write any code in a technical interview sense

Interview Question – The most difficult questions and there weren't very many were asking for programming concepts for specific languages like how inheritance works and object oriented design. There were no actual coding questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was optional. They were unwilling to meet other offers.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Troy, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Flew me to Troy, AL for interview. Had a short interviews with two people (It was a bit worrisome that they said I was going to meet with 3 people and only met with two). Followed by a "background check". Only one week from offer to start date (this is a bit tight for a choosing a mover and packing for cross-country move).

Interview Question – None, there were fairly standard technical interview questions. No "write me java code to do X".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If they say they are doing a "background check" start getting estimates for movers.

Interview Details – On Campus interview, phone interview, in office interview

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – interview was good but the whole process took longer than expected

Lebanon, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Started out with a campus interview which focused on personality. Invited to on-site interview which were 3 rounds of interviews with different people. Along with the on-site interviews was a dinner interview the night before. One of the on-site interviews focused on personality, one on functional skills, and one on development skills. The interviews were all 1 on 1. The people were friendly and the interviews laid back. Lunch was given in between and more was learned about the company.

Interview Question – What, if anything is wrong with this code snippet. The snippet was a simple C++ snippet that demonstrated inheritance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't negotiable.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – They had an interview at my college campus. They then emailed me for a second interview shortly after. The second interview session consisted of lunch, talking with young employees, and two interviews. The interviews were your basic Behavioral and were helpful for finding out what jobs the people serve.

We also had a tour of the facility. In all it was pretty simple. One of the interviewers hadn't ever interviewed people and pretty much followed the sheet with questions he had.

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – Met with a representative at a career fair, invited to an interview the next day. A week after the interview I was asked to come to an on-site recruiting event with two analytical interviews. Those interviews are in 2 weeks. The process so far has been smooth and contact has been good with the campus recruiter.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a group member that didn't pull his weight.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – 1. Phone screen - asked about what an analyst does
2. 3 interviews in one day - took me out for lunch
3. Met with HR and gave an offer.
4. 2 days later got the letter and was on board

Interview Question – Explain a time when the team failed and what I did to help out.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CGI Group Consultant interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by CGI Group employees and interview candidates.