CGI Group

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was selected for campus recruitment. In my first interview at campus , the questions they asked were behavioral.I was selected and gave three rounds of back to back interviews with different managers of the company related to technical , leadership and analytical respectively .

Interview Question – The interview was simple   Answer Question

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – I applied the position on my school's career website. I got the interview notice a month later.

Interview Question – Describe the very detailed processes and the work you did in the past project   Answer Question

ENTRY LEVEL IT CONSULTANT Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Terrible process. HR people are not cooperative. Not clear with immegration rules. They are reluctant to do H1.

Interview Question – Prepare all HR related questions, apptitude and OOPS concepts.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Very poor salalry and immegration issues

Troy, AL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – I first put in an application online. The recruiter contacted me and told me more about the company and informed me they were coming to my campus. I interviewed on campus and was later invited to a site interview. The interview was 3 - 30 minute interviews.

Interview Question – The technical questions basically were based on what I listed on my resume and the course I have taken. Also gave an example of a current project I was working on.

Be prepared to answer questions such as "Why
  Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had my resume posted on my college's career site and received an email from the CGI recruiter requesting an interview. I went through my school's site to schedule an on campus interview. The interview was originally scheduled on the Monday that hurricane Sandy hit, so it ended up being pushed back a week. My interviewer said that he was not normally the one that did the initial screening but was here due to the rescheduling and would not be asking typical interview questions. The position I was interviewing for was a technical position, but most of the questions just had to do with the company. I came away feeling like I knew a lot about the company and he knew a lot about me, but not about the technical skills that I could bring. He did not have a business card on him at the time so I wasn't able to pursue further contact after the interview and have not heard back from them yet.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions asked during the interview, it was mostly about what I was looking for.   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus recruiting & made it through to first-round interviews. Thought I completely bombed the interview - didn't have good chemistry with the interviewer, who basically read off questions on a list (non-stop behavioral questions) & didn't seem like she wanted to be there. Invited to second round interviews at their office. Started off with a nice luncheon and group panel of recent college hires to answer questions. Afterwards, had a brief office tour & 2 30-min. interviews with a consultant and manager. Went through resume with consultant, while manager asked more tricky questions. Not bad experience.

Interview Question – What's something cool that you did in the last 6 or 8 months?
That deadline question that someone posted earlier.
  Answer Question

Entry-Level IT Consultant Interview

Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – This was a one-on-one interview with a college recruiter. It lasted about 30 minutes and no difficult behavioural nor technical questions were asked. The recruiter began by describing the position I applied for, followed by a brief conversation about a previous internship experience of mine. The overall interview experience was neutral, as I wish the representative had been a little more conversational.

Interview Question – What do you know about CGI Group?   Answer Question

Entry Level IT Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – I applied through the CGI career website. After a about 3 weeks I received a call from an HR representative asking if I was still interested in the position. The process consisted of an initial phone screen and 3 interviews with senior consultants. Questions included behavioral, technical, and leadership questions. Each senior consultant described the types of projects I could be working on and the community where CGI Federal is located. After two days I received an offer. The whole process took approximately 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Using OOP concepts describe how to build a pickup truck?   Answer Question
  • You have three light bulbs in the basement and three light switches upstairs. How do you determine which bulb belongs to which switch?   View Answer
  • Its Wednesday and you have an application due Friday, but it contains bugs and is behind schedule. Do you submit the program as is to the client? or Do you work 3 20 hr days to complete the project?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CGI Group Entry Level IT Consultant interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by CGI Group employees and interview candidates.