CGI Group IT Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Consultant Interview

There is a two part interview process. Interviewed one was on campus, and the interviewer asked about previous experiences. I was asked some behavioral questions I believe to see if I could fit into the corporate culture. For example what do you do when you have an issue with a fellow employee/team member. I was asked to do a for loop in any programming language and about the software and development life cycle process.

Interview Questions

pay was lower than other offers

Other Interview Reviews for CGI Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

Signed up through school recruiting program. Was invited to an interview on campus.

Interview Questions

The location I originally signed up for was no longer available. They offered me an interview for another location that was too far for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

very chill interview on campus with an alum, then an onsite interview with two people from different project teams. One seemed very uninterested in the answers, other seemed more lively. Both were nice. Lunch was provided with a panel of new hires for a Q&A before the interviews began.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation but the offer was decent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lebanon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in April 2011.

The initial interview process started with a interview on my college campus which consisted of your basic interview questions. Tell me about yourself? What do you know about the company? What kind of skills have you learned that you could bring to the table for the company? A week or so later I got an email for an onsite interview where they were willing to pay for gas, food, rental car, and hotel the works for a 2 day interview which consisted of 3 interviews technical, leadership, and analytical. The questions personally I thought were very easy they did not really even have HR people doing the interviews just random employees because there were over 25 people in this interview group. I would say the interviews cant mean but so much though because I not only nailed the interviews, but I was even told by a HR person I was one of the best I still did not get an offer. Overall good process CGI is a great company, I will say though be prepared to not receive a above 50k for years due to what they call on-shoring which is building corporations in impoverished rural areas which yields low pay. If you like living in the middle of no where great opportunity for ya. Not for me though I had a better opportunity come up.

Interview Questions
    • GIve me an example of a time when you had to make a decision where bother options were not good ones what did you choose and how did you make the decision.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2009.

I interviewed in the Fairfax location. The interview consisted of three 1 on 1 interviews, quick conversation with the HR lady and a luncheon with all other candidates interviewing.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2010.

Initially we had a written test followed by group discussion and thereafter there was a face to face interview. The questions were on the basics programming and few puzzles were asked.

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CGI Group.

I have been called for interview with employee referral. Interview process was quite fast and it was not too technical but rather they see your ability and confidence level to work.
    They will check more on your problem solving skills and involvement in work.Had one Technical round, peer to peer round through video conferencing(as i was in chennai) and an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was not much difficult question because it was smooth   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

I cleared the client interview and hence they were after me. They pay whatever you ask for in tha tposition. Good and laid back staff and thats the reason they were taken over by CGI>

Interview Questions
    • Client interview was very easy..just a general interview about what i was doing. I had the skill set which client was looking for and hence they shortlisted me for Lead.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Two rounds of interview , Questions on Business Analysis, Previous job experience

Interview Questions
    IT was ok as they came close to what I asked for

IT Consultant Interview

Started out by talking to a representative at a campus recruiting event. Seemed like pretty nice people and knew a little about the company before hand so I applied there and was contacted about 2 weeks later for an on campus interview. On campus interview was very laid back and conversational for the most part, just going through the resume. After that, was invited to a second round interview at main location (Fairfax) Went through a luncheon before 2 30 minute interviews with a manager and consultant. The manager was a little tough but the consultant was very relaxed. All in all a great interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Given a program or application that you had to develop, explain to me how you would use the iterative process to improve the given program?   Answer Question

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!