CGI Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.8

IT Consultant Interview

There is a two part interview process. Interviewed one was on campus, and the interviewer asked about previous experiences. I was asked some behavioral questions I believe to see if I could fit into the corporate culture. For example what do you do when you have an issue with a fellow employee/team member. I was asked to do a for loop in any programming language and about the software and development life cycle process.

Interview Questions

pay was lower than other offers

Senior Consultant Interview

Was contacted by HR department regarding my resume posted on a public website -- conversation led to discussing job description and then scheduling a follow up phone interview to discuss previous experience. Was then flown to project site to meet with 3 managers, 1 behavioral type of conversation and 2 interviews focusing on process and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Had not worked with offshore delivery teams -- stated so and chose to answer the question with a hypothetical list of pro's and con's.   Answer Question
    Tough but was able to get +4k.

Implementation Interview

Phone, then on-site. Brought on site, waited for what seemed like a while, then got escorted in. Three people spoke with me. Pretty standard questions... tell me about yourself, what have you been doing, what are you looking to do, etc.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Crystal City, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CGI Group in August 2014.

I went through a panel of three interviewers that asked many simple questions and never heard back after the interview. I felt like the process was unorganized and the interviewers at the Crystal City office were not highly skilled at there areas of expertise. I believe the company prefers to hire college graduates rather than skilled experienced applicants.

Business Analyst Interview

After applying online through their website it took 2 days to be contacted for a phone interview. Which was fairly easy, the questions pertained to my work experience and how it could be applied to the position in question.
    Shortly after, approximately 2 days or so, I received an email to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest contribution you can make to CGI Group?   View Answer

I had received another offer from another company.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

On campus interview, easy personality questions. Nice recruiter knew the answers to most of my questions. Second round interview was at the Fairfax office and was unorganized. 2 out of 4 of the people interviewing me were unavailable. The other 2 interviews went well. Learned a lot about how the company is run. One of the two unavailable interviewers sent a replacement. The poor replacement had never done an interview before and had nothing prepared. But it gave me an honest look at that working there would look like.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing complicated, easy technical questions nothing really to worry about. I defiantly over prepared.   Answer Question
    They seemed resistant to negotiating but ended up accepting my counter offer and let me pick my location.

SharePoint Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at CGI Group.

Initial contact was from a recruiter who reached out to me based on my Linked in profile. Initially I was disinterested, but after persistent efforts on their part I eventually listened and received an offer

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions involved regular run of the mill management questions.   Answer Question
    Their offer was fair. They did not want to negotiate much from their initial offer.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in June 2014.

Within a week of submitting my resume to an online job posting, I had a phone screen with a recruiter followed by a series of separate phone interviews with multiple hiring managers. The entire process took 3-4 weeks. Each asked me about my experience and technical skills.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lebanon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

The recruited through campus recruiting. First had a screening interview on campus and was invited for on site interviews thereafter. The dinner the night before my actual on site interviews served as a confidence booster for my actual interviews. The employees I met were very help in explaining the interview process.

I had 3 interviews, 1 technical, 1 behavioral and I'm not sure what to call the last one but I only had one question that was kind of like a puzzle. The technical interview was not that difficult. It was a short 5 questions on OOP/Java/SQL and then a white board question where I was asked to implement a function that computes the factorial of a number.

You get a tour of their offices. Form my perception of the people, I'll say they have a very good work/life balance and most of the employees seem very happy to be working there.

I got an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Implement a function that compute factorial of a number. -- This is not difficult but I'm required to fill this out so   Answer Question

Salary is below industry average but this is expected given the location of their campuses.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

I was sent an email asking if I was interested in a position. Once I responded, a time for a phone interview was set up. From there, I had to fill out a form for my background check and clearance verification.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!