CGI Group Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2014
351 interviews

2.8

Project Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in June 2014.

Within a week of submitting my resume to an online job posting, I had a phone screen with a recruiter followed by a series of separate phone interviews with multiple hiring managers. The entire process took 3-4 weeks. Each asked me about my experience and technical skills.

Business Analyst Interview

After applying online through their website it took 2 days to be contacted for a phone interview. Which was fairly easy, the questions pertained to my work experience and how it could be applied to the position in question.
    Shortly after, approximately 2 days or so, I received an email to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest contribution you can make to CGI Group?   View Answer

I had received another offer from another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2012.

One on campus interview with the HR recruiter and two on site interviews with two different employees. Rather than interviews, they were more like conversations basically trying to get to know what type of person you were and how what you had worked on in college would correlate to the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength and your worst weakness?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2011.

Three step of interviews: 1- Two or three phone interviews, 2 - Three people interviewed me in one day all separate from personal and behavioral to technical and client skills.

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve an issue with client's company head/ director or VP? I never had the chance nor had I imagined it to assist/ resolve an issue with company heads.   View Answer
    No negotiation! Fortunately, the offer was exciting enough for me to accept it.

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

HR interview via phone, background check started, meet with manager in person, After a day or two received call from HR to chat with director. The latter meet was personality check. HR called few days later, would run a background check. After a week and a half HR called to offer the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

First round is one interviewer, all easy informal behavorial interview questions. Next round is 3 interviews at the main office in Fairfax, VA. These questions are also easy and straight forward. The interviewers are all really nice and helpful, usually senior level consultants.

Interview Questions
    • If you apply for a technical position you will get techinical questions. Business Analyst get behavioral questions that are pretty straight forward and not difficult. One difficult question was describe one time you had to share the leadership role. How did you manage that.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

On campus interview, easy personality questions. Nice recruiter knew the answers to most of my questions. Second round interview was at the Fairfax office and was unorganized. 2 out of 4 of the people interviewing me were unavailable. The other 2 interviews went well. Learned a lot about how the company is run. One of the two unavailable interviewers sent a replacement. The poor replacement had never done an interview before and had nothing prepared. But it gave me an honest look at that working there would look like.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing complicated, easy technical questions nothing really to worry about. I defiantly over prepared.   Answer Question
    They seemed resistant to negotiating but ended up accepting my counter offer and let me pick my location.

SharePoint Architect Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at CGI Group.

Initial contact was from a recruiter who reached out to me based on my Linked in profile. Initially I was disinterested, but after persistent efforts on their part I eventually listened and received an offer

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions involved regular run of the mill management questions.   Answer Question
    Their offer was fair. They did not want to negotiate much from their initial offer.

Database Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CGI Group in April 2013.

Had a phone interview due to my location, actual site location and Main office location. Interview was informal and very pleasant. Asked about my background, future plans, and if i was familiar with the area i was going to. Explained expectations and a brief overview of the remote location I would be working in. Manager was professional and I could relate well.

Interview Questions
    • Are you aware of the high taxes in California?   View Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lebanon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

The recruited through campus recruiting. First had a screening interview on campus and was invited for on site interviews thereafter. The dinner the night before my actual on site interviews served as a confidence booster for my actual interviews. The employees I met were very help in explaining the interview process.

I had 3 interviews, 1 technical, 1 behavioral and I'm not sure what to call the last one but I only had one question that was kind of like a puzzle. The technical interview was not that difficult. It was a short 5 questions on OOP/Java/SQL and then a white board question where I was asked to implement a function that computes the factorial of a number.

You get a tour of their offices. Form my perception of the people, I'll say they have a very good work/life balance and most of the employees seem very happy to be working there.

I got an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Implement a function that compute factorial of a number. -- This is not difficult but I'm required to fill this out so   Answer Question

Salary is below industry average but this is expected given the location of their campuses.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!