CGI Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Signed up through school recruiting program. Was invited to an interview on campus.

Interview Question – How would you initiate a test script.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The location I originally signed up for was no longer available. They offered me an interview for another location that was too far for me.

Technical Internship Interview

Technical Internship

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – I had a pre-interview that was testing my competence. If I knew what polymorphism, inheritance , etc was. Then I was invited to the main interview in VA. They paid for the hotel, travel, food, etc. Then there were about 3 rounds of interviews all 30 minutes each. You will have to write code and solve problems. Mostly code in Java, some in SQL.

Interview Question – How many seconds are in 3 tick cycles of the small clock hand.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President

Interview Details – Grew through the ranks; didn't interview recently

Interview Question – Did not interview recently   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was several years ago and things may not be the same anymore. There wasn't much negotiation on my part.

Intern Interview

Intern
Belton, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Learnt about the position at my college's career fair. First on-campus interview, then was invited to the location for a series of technical, behavioral and general HR interviews. Questions were reasonable enough and nothing out of the ordinary.

At the end we had lunch with other recent college hires and they also gave a presentation about bnefits etc.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. Basic questions were asked

Talent Acquisition Interview

Talent Acquisition

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Contacted by a former colleague about an opportunity and I was not currently looking for a job. Met with a VP and HR Manager in person. I was offered a position very quickly and given the salary I requested no negotiating necessary.

Interview Question – I honestly don't recall it was so long ago and the interview was more like an informal lunch than any kind of grilling.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I asked fo a particular salary and was offered it, no questions asked.

Interview Details – 4 rounds on the same day. Pretty cool for a BA role

Interview Question – Define a requirement   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty rigorous and I had to go through 4 levels of interviews. Each of the interview was conducted by employees from different positions and levels and it gave an impression to the interviewee what type of company one can expect.

The interviews were pretty informal and was more of a conversation format rather than typical interview questions that aren't really relevant to a position. The company culture and environment seemed very friendly and amenable to an employee.

Interview Question – Unexpected in the sense that the interviews were more conversational and it threw all the prep I had done out the window.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – They mainly want to see that you will work hard and contribute good values to a team. Just because you don't have an answer to one of the questions doesn't mean its wrong to say that you don't have an answer or you have never been in that situation before.

Interview Question – How do you work smarter, not harder?   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – I started with a 30 minute interview on campus one on one just to get a sense of my skills and comforts. It mostly went over my resume and availability. There was no initial technical screening. Then there was a follow up on the phone briefly to invite me to me to an on campus interview. The on campus interview was done on a day with about 30 other candidates and I had three separate interviews with developers. They asked me questions about my experience and problem solving, but I never actually had to write any code in a technical interview sense

Interview Question – The most difficult questions and there weren't very many were asking for programming concepts for specific languages like how inheritance works and object oriented design. There were no actual coding questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was optional. They were unwilling to meet other offers.