CGI Group Interview Questions

2.8

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI Group.

Random questions followed by an excel test.

Interview Questions

I ran into someone outside of that group that knew the manager and the group leader and they told me they were unapproachable and crude.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

Learnt about the position at my college's career fair. First on-campus interview, then was invited to the location for a series of technical, behavioral and general HR interviews. Questions were reasonable enough and nothing out of the ordinary.

At the end we had lunch with other recent college hires and they also gave a presentation about bnefits etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Entry Level IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

I was selected for campus recruitment. In my first interview at campus , the questions they asked were behavioral.I was selected and gave three rounds of back to back interviews with different managers of the company related to technical , leadership and analytical respectively .

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

I started with a 30 minute interview on campus one on one just to get a sense of my skills and comforts. It mostly went over my resume and availability. There was no initial technical screening. Then there was a follow up on the phone briefly to invite me to me to an on campus interview. The on campus interview was done on a day with about 30 other candidates and I had three separate interviews with developers. They asked me questions about my experience and problem solving, but I never actually had to write any code in a technical interview sense

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions and there weren't very many were asking for programming concepts for specific languages like how inheritance works and object oriented design. There were no actual coding questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was optional. They were unwilling to meet other offers.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

Signed up through school recruiting program. Was invited to an interview on campus.

Interview Questions

The location I originally signed up for was no longer available. They offered me an interview for another location that was too far for me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

First round is one interviewer, all easy informal behavorial interview questions. Next round is 3 interviews at the main office in Fairfax, VA. These questions are also easy and straight forward. The interviewers are all really nice and helpful, usually senior level consultants.

Interview Questions
    • If you apply for a technical position you will get techinical questions. Business Analyst get behavioral questions that are pretty straight forward and not difficult. One difficult question was describe one time you had to share the leadership role. How did you manage that.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

HR interview via phone, background check started, meet with manager in person, After a day or two received call from HR to chat with director. The latter meet was personality check. HR called few days later, would run a background check. After a week and a half HR called to offer the role.

Director Consulting Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CGI Group.

Replied to job requisition through LinkedIn and it was easy to deal with recruiting at CGI Federal.

Interview Questions
    • How would you organize your team if geographically dispersed?   View Answer
    Fairly one-sided, but they did adjust in areas other than salary.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

I got the initial on-campus interview through a university career fair. It was a informal and non-technical. A week later there was a set of three followup interviews on-site. One behavioral, one technical, and one about experience and qualifications that included one simple coding question. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. The technical interview had three simple coding questions and a few general knowledge questions that were mostly about object-oriented programming.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the behavioral questions were about times when I was in a certain situation and how I handled it. Those were harder for me than the coding questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

They had an interview at my college campus. They then emailed me for a second interview shortly after. The second interview session consisted of lunch, talking with young employees, and two interviews. The interviews were your basic Behavioral and were helpful for finding out what jobs the people serve.

We also had a tour of the facility. In all it was pretty simple. One of the interviewers hadn't ever interviewed people and pretty much followed the sheet with questions he had.