CGI Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cost Analyst Interview

Cost Analyst
Lawton, OK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Random questions followed by an excel test.

Interview Question – Excel test was a test of basic knowledge.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I ran into someone outside of that group that knew the manager and the group leader and they told me they were unapproachable and crude.

Entry Level Bus Analyst Interview

Entry Level Bus Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – First Round Interview - On-campus, very behavioral. No technical or analytical questions.

Final Interview - Lunch Q&A Panel with Entry Level IT Consultants who were hired the previous year or two. This is on-site in Fairfax, VA at their Federal headquarters. All of the potential hires attend the interview day, and following the lunch panel, you have 2, 30-minute behavioral interview. Very easy and smooth process!

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – Describe a time when had to go above and beyond on a project   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Belton, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got the initial on-campus interview through a university career fair. It was a informal and non-technical. A week later there was a set of three followup interviews on-site. One behavioral, one technical, and one about experience and qualifications that included one simple coding question. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. The technical interview had three simple coding questions and a few general knowledge questions that were mostly about object-oriented programming.

Interview Question – Some of the behavioral questions were about times when I was in a certain situation and how I handled it. Those were harder for me than the coding questions.   Answer Question

Director Consulting Services Interview

Director Consulting Services

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Replied to job requisition through LinkedIn and it was easy to deal with recruiting at CGI Federal.

Interview Question – How would you organize your team if geographically dispersed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fairly one-sided, but they did adjust in areas other than salary.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Lebanon, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CGI Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had first talked to a HR rep at my school and then I applied online. I was contacted by a HR rep from the Lebanon, VA office to set up a phone interview with them. The phone interview took about 30 minutes and was just a basic HR interview to see my background and what I have done in school. Then I was contacted again through email to come up to VA for an interview. Interview was an all day process, where you did a panel discussion with current employers and the HR gave a presentation about the company. Then there were three 30 minute interviews, a technical, general HR portion, and an analysis portion. They are always asking for you to ask them questions. They want to see how interested you are in there company.

Interview Question – Nothing to hard. General HR questions. Asked to a simple method using an array list. Then general oop questions.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed and recruited by a sub contracting firm. CGI then interviewed me and hired me.

Interview Question – How do you deal with clients have very little process management experience.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – Met with a representative at a career fair, invited to an interview the next day. A week after the interview I was asked to come to an on-site recruiting event with two analytical interviews. Those interviews are in 2 weeks. The process so far has been smooth and contact has been good with the campus recruiter.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a group member that didn't pull his weight.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very good interview process hr was very friendly

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your previous employer   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Accounts Payable Specialist
Fairfax, VA

I applied through other source - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – CGI acquired the company I was working for (Stanley Associates, Inc) and things for me started to go down hill. CGI acquired more companies and the new management did not think I was a good fit for the direction the accounting department was headed in, so I was dismissed.

Interview Question – Why was I terminated?   View Answer