CGI Group Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
352 interviews

2.8

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

1. Phone screen - asked about what an analyst does
    2. 3 interviews in one day - took me out for lunch
    3. Met with HR and gave an offer.
    4. 2 days later got the letter and was on board

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when the team failed and what I did to help out.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2010.

Long and extremely weird. Unqualified people interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you make at your current job? Isn't this an HR Violation????   View Answer
    Hard stop. I didn't get much better.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in May 2013.

It's very formality

I want to a better one

IT Consultant - Intern Interview

Easy interview process. Be honest.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at CGI Group in February 2011.

Formality process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in April 2013.

I got the first interview through my university's career center. The person I interviewed with was very nice and the interview seemed more like a conversation, which made things a lot less stressful. A few days later I got an email inviting me to an onsite interview.

During the onsite interview you go through a mini tour, debriefing, and two behavioral interviews. They also provide lunch and a panel of new hires to answer any questions applicants may have about the company. This part is "off the record" so your participation is not evaluated in the decision process. It is solely for the benefit of the applicant.

The interviews themselves were similar to the first interview, where the interviewer was very relaxed and conducted the interview as more of a conversation. They usually get back to you with a decision within two weeks.

Overall, interviewing with CGI Federal will probably be the most pleasant experience you will ever have!

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult to answer at all. The questions are designed so that your interviewer can better understand you and your personal brand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group in April 2009.

No phone interview. I met the recruiter at a career fair. After a week, I went in for the interview. It was pretty relaxed with more behavioral and situational questions than technical ones.

Interview Questions
    I already had an offer going into the interview. They matched and countered.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lebanon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in December 2012.

The process was very straight forward. I met them at the career fair at my school and handed them my resume. I received an e-mail from the HR that they would like to interview with on campus. The interview date was set a day or two after the career fair. It was very easy. Then they invited to come for an on-site interview. Once I was made it for the interview.
    It was again very very easy. BE AWARE: if you expect to make a market level salary, then look elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • There are not any hard questions. I was asked to explain what polymorphous is. And what is the difference between XML and HTML.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2012.

Initial Interview was on Campus
    - Asked basic interview questions. Not very technical at all. Mostly behavioral.

Second Interview was on site
    -3 Rounds of interviews. One technical, One behavioral, and One with director
    - Looking for team oriented, self empowered, very highly motivated
    -Be prepared to back up ALL your technical skills. You may even have to write some code on a board. Depending on if you are going in as a BA or Developer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lebanon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in July 2009.

The day consisted of three 30 minute one on one interviews with several people. One asked technical questions, one talked with me about what kind of alcohol he likes to drink and one just talked to me about his fiance.

Interviewers are chosen based on who they can get to do it and they won't necessarily be on the team you will be working on or doing anything like what you are applying to do. One of my interviewers hadn't even been with the company for a full year.

(The interview was in 2008, but glassdoor didn't give me that option.)

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, but I wish I had. I was just ecstatic at getting an offer. I later learned that they will negotiate, so make sure you do. (Both salary and vacation time are negotiable)