CGI Group Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

2 Phone interviews and face to face with panel

Other Interview Reviews for CGI Group

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in April 2012.

Interview is quite below expectation. They don't follow much PMBOK standards. The Management does not know much about Project Management Skill. I think when they hire PMs they see their previous Employer. So, don't worry about interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CGI Group in May 2012.

Interview is Quite Simple and will ask few things related to my previous work.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2010.

It all starts with a 1-1 with an HR person who selected your CV based on keywords and essentially has no knowledge whatsoever of what your job looks like. Basically they will check your languages (English is always a requirement, also in QC-based positions) and if you may put the company to shame,

Next step is a real interview with a few directors, mostly unqualified for their role. If one of them likes how you answer the general questions you will be hired.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I negotiated a salary increase from 92K to 98K. Vacations are non-negotiable.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2010.

The company first gave me a phone call to assess my experience. The HR guys explained the job and he told me that there was going to be a lot of challenges.

So we booked an interview. The HR guys and the IT manager interview me. They explained the position and ask about my experience. While talking with them I realized that the work was going to be very clerical so I had to decline the job at they end of they interview. I told them that if they ever needed a more experience person, I would love to redo another interview. The interview was not too formal. Friendly and relax atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Problems are bound to arise with team members? Explain a situation you encountered. How did you handle it?   View Answer

There was not enough responsibilities with the job.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2010.

Interview process was fast.

March 7th interviewed. March 15th Joined office.

Interview was taken by a Director and consisted of situational questions.
    Checked PM level experience, checked consulting experience, customer focus and strong delivery capability.

Since the role I was hired for was very demanding, the interview complemented the job requirments.

Interview Questions
    • PM experience - examples of high risk or difficult situations. Quality focus examples   View Answer
    • Team management situation - Key team member is leaving on vacation Friday afternoon. Client asks for a critical report to be presented to CEO on Monday morning. What will you do. The TM leaving only knows about the report. Will you cancel vacation. Will you say no to the client?   View Answer
    No negotiation. They accepted the salary I asked for which was pretty much market rate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in May 2010.

2 rounds of telephonic interview.
    1st round consisted of domain related questions. As am from telco domain the questions were related to BSS/OSS and my contirbutions. Questions related to the COTS packages I worked as well were also asked.
    2nd round consisted of Project Management related queries. Questions like how did I manage AD & AM work, how I managed the team, how I managed risks and issues and finally questions on people management.

Interview Questions
    • How will you manage one of your over-confident team member who always wants to move out for higher responsibilites but not so good in taking up those? Important thing being he is bit critical in the current position.   View Answers (3)

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2009.

Quite effective. Both the phone and in-person interviewers were well prepared and leveraged standard interview response forms to manage the discussion and to capture the salient responses. The interviews themselves were relatively casual, low stress interviews without any of the artificial "games" that interviewers sometimes play.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation where the client stakeholder needed to be told of a serious issue that had the potential to compromise the project?   Answer Question

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!