CGI Group

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews and face to face with panel

Interview Question – Can you work with very smart, type A personalities   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview is quite below expectation. They don't follow much PMBOK standards. The Management does not know much about Project Management Skill. I think when they hire PMs they see their previous Employer. So, don't worry about interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join CGI ?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CGI Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview is Quite Simple and will ask few things related to my previous work.

Interview Question – What is Project Life Cycle ?
Project based Scenario ?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – It all starts with a 1-1 with an HR person who selected your CV based on keywords and essentially has no knowledge whatsoever of what your job looks like. Basically they will check your languages (English is always a requirement, also in QC-based positions) and if you may put the company to shame,

Next step is a real interview with a few directors, mostly unqualified for their role. If one of them likes how you answer the general questions you will be hired.

Interview Question – What are your strenghts and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I negotiated a salary increase from 92K to 98K. Vacations are non-negotiable.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – The company first gave me a phone call to assess my experience. The HR guys explained the job and he told me that there was going to be a lot of challenges.

So we booked an interview. The HR guys and the IT manager interview me. They explained the position and ask about my experience. While talking with them I realized that the work was going to be very clerical so I had to decline the job at they end of they interview. I told them that if they ever needed a more experience person, I would love to redo another interview. The interview was not too formal. Friendly and relax atmosphere.

Interview Question – Problems are bound to arise with team members? Explain a situation you encountered. How did you handle it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – There was not enough responsibilities with the job.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was fast.

March 7th interviewed. March 15th Joined office.

Interview was taken by a Director and consisted of situational questions.
Checked PM level experience, checked consulting experience, customer focus and strong delivery capability.

Since the role I was hired for was very demanding, the interview complemented the job requirments.

Interview Questions

• PM experience - examples of high risk or difficult situations. Quality focus examples   View Answer
  • Team management situation - Key team member is leaving on vacation Friday afternoon. Client asks for a critical report to be presented to CEO on Monday morning. What will you do. The TM leaving only knows about the report. Will you cancel vacation. Will you say no to the client?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They accepted the salary I asked for which was pretty much market rate.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of telephonic interview.
1st round consisted of domain related questions. As am from telco domain the questions were related to BSS/OSS and my contirbutions. Questions related to the COTS packages I worked as well were also asked.
2nd round consisted of Project Management related queries. Questions like how did I manage AD & AM work, how I managed the team, how I managed risks and issues and finally questions on people management.

Interview Question – How will you manage one of your over-confident team member who always wants to move out for higher responsibilites but not so good in taking up those? Important thing being he is bit critical in the current position.   View Answers (3)

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – Quite effective. Both the phone and in-person interviewers were well prepared and leveraged standard interview response forms to manage the discussion and to capture the salient responses. The interviews themselves were relatively casual, low stress interviews without any of the artificial "games" that interviewers sometimes play.

Interview Question – How did you handle a situation where the client stakeholder needed to be told of a serious issue that had the potential to compromise the project?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CGI Group Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by CGI Group employees and interview candidates.