CGI Group Senior Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

21 interviews

2.5

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2011.

Three step of interviews: 1- Two or three phone interviews, 2 - Three people interviewed me in one day all separate from personal and behavioral to technical and client skills.

Interview Questions
  • How would you resolve an issue with client's company head/ director or VP? I never had the chance nor had I imagined it to assist/ resolve an issue with company heads.   View Answer
No negotiation! Fortunately, the offer was exciting enough for me to accept it.

Other Interview Reviews for CGI Group

Process was smooth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2014.

The hiring process is pretty rigorous and I had to go through 4 levels of interviews. Each of the interview was conducted by employees from different positions and levels and it gave an impression to the interviewee what type of company one can expect.

The interviews were pretty informal and was more of a conversation format rather than typical interview questions that aren't really relevant to a position. The company culture and environment seemed very friendly and amenable to an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected in the sense that the interviews were more conversational and it threw all the prep I had done out the window.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CGI Group.

I was originally hired over six years ago so this may be outdated. Had a phone interview with recruiter, then one on one in person interview with three individuals one of whom is the hiring manager.

I actually left the company and came back after a few months. Interview was managers from the teams I used to work with. It was a panel interview but ended up informal because I knew them.

Interview Questions
    I actually rejected them at first when recruiter told me they probably won't pay what I asked for. I was going to stay with my current company at the time when they promised to bump my salary if I stayed. CGI then called back and offered me $2K more plus a $1K signing bonus.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CGI Group.

I had one phone interview with HR person and one face-to-face interview with hiring manager and technical lead. Questions were mostly related to my previous experience. Technical questions were not very difficult and were asked with intention to check whether I really know the stuff I wrote in my resume. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe major differences between Hibernate and MyBatis   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

I was contacted through Linkedin by one of CGI's recruiters. We emailed back and forth and exchanged phone calls regarding questions that I had. Once all questions were answered, I decided to proceed with the process. I passed the phone screen with the manager for the project and went in for a face-to-face interview with the client. All went well and I received an offer. Everything was handled professionally and the total time it touch from initial contact to being hired was around a month.

I was given an initial offer, but replied it was too low. So my recruiter went back and gave them my minimum number. A day later my recruiter informed me that my minimum was authorized and signed off.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

Contacted by email. Worked with recruiter to further define skill set/experience from resume found on job board. First phone interview was horrible; I followed up with the recruiter since I knew it was bad. The recruiter gave me feedback from the phone interview that I found funny and was shocked by the feedback. The recruiter was glad I followed up (do not give up) - the next phone interview for a different position was positive and I was scheduled the following week with a face-to-face interview. I was offered the job the next day at a higher pay than I had indicated and started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interviews are tough - the first interview I was asked about the difference in agile and waterfall methodology. The interviewer was impatient and was difficult to connect with.   View Answer
    No need to negotiate. I received more money than asked for and the vacation time I indicated I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CGI Group.

Several phone interviews.
    1 face to face interview.
    Final phone interviews.
    Offer over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer canceled the interview twice.
      Another interviewer had a heavy accent, I did not understand what he was saying.
      Another interviewer was eager to establish his superiority rather than testing my skills.
        View Answer
    Before the interviews, the hiring manager agreed the salary I wanted. Two months later, the actual offer letter had a base salary 20% lower than I expected. I made the mistake by telling them that I was unemployed. Negotiated and was able to raise it 5%. So, my salary was 15% less than what we initially agreed.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at CGI Group.

Contacted the recruiter on LinkedIn. Was interviewed promptly and did not hear about the results for sometime... Later they called me and offered a job.

The phone interview was very easy and they did not ask any technical question. Very simple and vague questions.
    Anyone could crack this interview.

Even if someone had very little experience, you could keep on elaborating on the same topics and you would sound like a seasoned Pro.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions asked. Just asked that I had worked on in previous projects   Answer Question
    Ask for higher salary than what you want... do not accept what they offer you.
    It looked like they did not have any technical expert to ask challenging questions.
    The interview was just for namesake.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Personal interview followed by technical interview. In personal interview it will be very basic questions such as why you want to join this company, what is your career plan, past experiences etc. Technical will be purely technical related to the position they are hiring for. Once you are through it then background check is performed. Normally if you reached till background check it is mere formality after that.

Interview Questions
    Normally negotiation works when Company wants people of a specific skill set, but in my case it was not the case.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!