CGI Group Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 19, 2014
12 interviews

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CGI Group in April 2014.

This is regarding with the Java/J2EE interview process. To say in brief, it's worst. Pls find my experience as below.
-->First of all, We need to fill a form after entry with all details as an employee who is actually going to join really.
-->I mean to say, lot many details are unnecessary as we have not threw with at least one round of interview.Please save the paper.Save the trees.
-->I waited around 2 hours for my turn even though it was a scheduled interview.
-->I have attended couple interviews with this company.
-->For all times, they don't have the clear picture of technologies requirement of a candidate.
-->I mean to say, they are missing selecting the right profiles considering the technologies what they are looking for.
-->For all times I experienced a bad and worst unprofessional interview panel members and environment.
-->They don't even know to introduce themselves in a casual way when we meet a person for the first time.
-->Even if we try from our side they don't respond in a positive way.
-->Coming to the questions part, they are great typical. Off course little better when I attended the first time.
-->They need more information on the related components of your application than the application on which you have worked actually.

Other Interview Reviews for CGI Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2011.

3 technical round.1 manager round.1 HR round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

There were two rounds of technical interviews which were very easy.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was with a HR. They just listened what I said. Later offer letter was released as per their salary structure.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in July 2013.

2 rounds:
    1 HR : 15- 20 mins: questions like why do want to join our company, few behavioral questions
    2 Technical : 30-45 mins : question level were not that difficult, basic ques from java, spring, hibernate, mvc, few design patterns like factory, singleton. Most of the questions were from the resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2013.

Got a call through HR, applied back with Reference. Interview was for 1 hour after an initial 15 minute telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a product test scenario you have handled and the test process   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was told by HR that salaries are fixed for each slab.

First Technical Round
    Second Technical Round
    HR Round
    Interview was not tough. it was moderate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2010.

2 rounds of telephonic interview and one face to face interview. Every round will have technical as well as managerial questions.

Interview Questions
    CGI is open for a negotiation. They appreciate good talents.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in July 2012.

Purely based on consultancy.......was the easiest interviews but too many interviews(4)

Interview Questions

CGI was not a good company to work as there will be no growth for the people who work hard and hike is very less
    Growth is only for people who are working in CGI for more than 5 years depends on the relationship you have with your manager

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group.

Generally people get interview calls through some consultancy. It is very rare that the resume shared by their employees get selected.
    The interview process follows through a written examination, then first round of interview by a senior resource and then the second round by the lead of the project and then the final round by the architect. You will get to know the results after few days, as they want to choose best of the employees by comparing the candidates.

Interview Questions

As i got to know the work was support kind of and that too in night shift.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2012.

1. First a phone call will be made to confirm the timing and the date. Both of which were flexible based on my ease as well.
    2. Since i was outstation candidate, i had my first interview -telephonic, which comprised simple questions and lasted around 30 minutes.
    3. Once i got confirmed , i had another technical telephonic with video round which lasted for approximately 2 hours comprising of mainly technical and few managerial questions, with tech lead and the manager.
    4. on site interview with the onsite senior consultant.
    5. hr interview was short and just required some salary negotitations.

Interview Questions
    • Do you need documentation in Ad hoc testing if not why ? Do you need documentation for agile testing? For an existing project without documentation how would you work on maintenance testing? What is pesticide paradox? Whats remedy?   Answer Question
    • I was given a scenario and asked to come up with relevant test cases.   Answer Question
    Took some time.
    As i was shifting from a crappy small company ,i did not n negotiate much. I just wanted out. However i got a very good hike. I got more than what i asked for.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!