CGI Group

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CGI Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – This is regarding with the Java/J2EE interview process. To say in brief, it's worst. Pls find my experience as below.
-->First of all, We need to fill a form after entry with all details as an employee who is actually going to join really.
-->I mean to say, lot many details are unnecessary as we have not threw with at least one round of interview.Please save the paper.Save the trees.
-->I waited around 2 hours for my turn even though it was a scheduled interview.
-->I have attended couple interviews with this company.
-->For all times, they don't have the clear picture of technologies requirement of a candidate.
-->I mean to say, they are missing selecting the right profiles considering the technologies what they are looking for.
-->For all times I experienced a bad and worst unprofessional interview panel members and environment.
-->They don't even know to introduce themselves in a casual way when we meet a person for the first time.
-->Even if we try from our side they don't respond in a positive way.
-->Coming to the questions part, they are great typical. Off course little better when I attended the first time.
-->They need more information on the related components of your application than the application on which you have worked actually.

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – 3 technical round.1 manager round.1 HR round

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – There were two rounds of technical interviews which were very easy.

Interview Question – All general questions. Just basic quesitons.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was with a HR. They just listened what I said. Later offer letter was released as per their salary structure.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – 2 rounds:
1 HR : 15- 20 mins: questions like why do want to join our company, few behavioral questions
2 Technical : 30-45 mins : question level were not that difficult, basic ques from java, spring, hibernate, mvc, few design patterns like factory, singleton. Most of the questions were from the resume.

Interview Question – performance issues   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call through HR, applied back with Reference. Interview was for 1 hour after an initial 15 minute telephone interview.

Interview Question – Discuss a product test scenario you have handled and the test process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was told by HR that salaries are fixed for each slab.

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – First Technical Round
Second Technical Round
HR Round
Interview was not tough. it was moderate.

Interview Question – Nothing as much to mention   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of telephonic interview and one face to face interview. Every round will have technical as well as managerial questions.

Interview Question – Teradata live projects   View Answer

Negotiation Details – CGI is open for a negotiation. They appreciate good talents.

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – Purely based on consultancy.......was the easiest interviews but too many interviews(4)

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – CGI was not a good company to work as there will be no growth for the people who work hard and hike is very less
Growth is only for people who are working in CGI for more than 5 years depends on the relationship you have with your manager

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Generally people get interview calls through some consultancy. It is very rare that the resume shared by their employees get selected.
The interview process follows through a written examination, then first round of interview by a senior resource and then the second round by the lead of the project and then the final round by the architect. You will get to know the results after few days, as they want to choose best of the employees by comparing the candidates.

Interview Question – why you left your previous employer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – As i got to know the work was support kind of and that too in night shift.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1. First a phone call will be made to confirm the timing and the date. Both of which were flexible based on my ease as well.
2. Since i was outstation candidate, i had my first interview -telephonic, which comprised simple questions and lasted around 30 minutes.
3. Once i got confirmed , i had another technical telephonic with video round which lasted for approximately 2 hours comprising of mainly technical and few managerial questions, with tech lead and the manager.
4. on site interview with the onsite senior consultant.
5. hr interview was short and just required some salary negotitations.

Interview Questions

• Do you need documentation in Ad hoc testing if not why ? Do you need documentation for agile testing? For an existing project without documentation how would you work on maintenance testing? What is pesticide paradox? Whats remedy?   Answer Question
  • I was given a scenario and asked to come up with relevant test cases.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took some time.
As i was shifting from a crappy small company ,i did not n negotiate much. I just wanted out. However i got a very good hike. I got more than what i asked for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CGI Group Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by CGI Group employees and interview candidates.