CGI Group Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

45 min on campus interview.Mostly behavioral questions.Another on site interview both technical and behavioral questions.Basically they go through your resume and ask you questions based on that.we didn't really have enough time to go through all the questions so try to answer the questions efficiently and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
  • As far as i remember there was only one technical question about sorting through random numbers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI Group

Software Engineer Interview

Emails -> Career fair interview -> Emails -> On-site interview -> Emails -> Offer. The process seemed to take a very long time. About 3 months to go through all the steps.

Interview Questions
    • General team skills and project management questions are not the easiest to answer. The technical questions that a software engineer would get are pretty simple OOP stuff. Might have to debug a simple program on paper. Nothing to be worried about though if you actually know c++/java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lebanon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in December 2012.

The process was very straight forward. I met them at the career fair at my school and handed them my resume. I received an e-mail from the HR that they would like to interview with on campus. The interview date was set a day or two after the career fair. It was very easy. Then they invited to come for an on-site interview. Once I was made it for the interview.
    It was again very very easy. BE AWARE: if you expect to make a market level salary, then look elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • There are not any hard questions. I was asked to explain what polymorphous is. And what is the difference between XML and HTML.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

interviewed at CGI Group in March 2012.

Several interviews. HR first on the phone. The next interview was face to face with development manager and team leader. The questions were more about how to solve problems than straight api questions which was good since anyone can memorize an api and the ide have all of that at this point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in July 2013.

Everything is highly organized , right from the interview letter to the offer letter.

Interviewers are very polite and professional , reflects good about the company.

Interview Questions
    It was not great , as the salary offered is below the market standards. But the HR's don't negotiate much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2012.

1) Received a phone call and scheduled the Telephonic Interview
    2) In Telephonic Interview the panel of three asked questions on the Technical area.
    3) Asked to come for F2F interview. as i was 2 years experienced so no aptitude test. Directly i was given a set of technical questions.
    4) Panel of three took technical interview.
    5) Interview with Clients ( Again same technical interview)
    6) Got Offer letter within 7 days.

If you are good then Money does not matters. But it will be as per Market Standards

Software Engineer Interview

Its an easy process. nothng to preapre much . just b confident

60% u can easily get

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CGI Group.

2 Technical round, Manager round, HR

Negotiate properly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2010.

Hiring was done via the consultancy. They conducted written test of aptitude and objective programming in college. And finally asked to come to CGI bangalore office for interview for those who cleared the written test. There we had 3 round of technical interview and a HR round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2011.

it was very straight forward,. Had a phone interview with HR and they called me for on site test.

Interview Questions
    • It was not difficult question. explain what did you do in the past.   Answer Question

I had a better offer from another employer.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!