CGI Group

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – 45 min on campus interview.Mostly behavioral questions.Another on site interview both technical and behavioral questions.Basically they go through your resume and ask you questions based on that.we didn't really have enough time to go through all the questions so try to answer the questions efficiently and you will be fine.

Interview Question – As far as i remember there was only one technical question about sorting through random numbers.   Answer Question

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – Emails -> Career fair interview -> Emails -> On-site interview -> Emails -> Offer. The process seemed to take a very long time. About 3 months to go through all the steps.

Interview Question – General team skills and project management questions are not the easiest to answer. The technical questions that a software engineer would get are pretty simple OOP stuff. Might have to debug a simple program on paper. Nothing to be worried about though if you actually know c++/java.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lebanon, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – The process was very straight forward. I met them at the career fair at my school and handed them my resume. I received an e-mail from the HR that they would like to interview with on campus. The interview date was set a day or two after the career fair. It was very easy. Then they invited to come for an on-site interview. Once I was made it for the interview.
It was again very very easy. BE AWARE: if you expect to make a market level salary, then look elsewhere.

Interview Question – There are not any hard questions. I was asked to explain what polymorphous is. And what is the difference between XML and HTML.   Answer Question

Belton, TX

I interviewed at CGI Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Several interviews. HR first on the phone. The next interview was face to face with development manager and team leader. The questions were more about how to solve problems than straight api questions which was good since anyone can memorize an api and the ide have all of that at this point.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Everything is highly organized , right from the interview letter to the offer letter.

Interviewers are very polite and professional , reflects good about the company.

Interview Question – What can you do to take CGI at a more higher level ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was not great , as the salary offered is below the market standards. But the HR's don't negotiate much.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1) Received a phone call and scheduled the Telephonic Interview
2) In Telephonic Interview the panel of three asked questions on the Technical area.
3) Asked to come for F2F interview. as i was 2 years experienced so no aptitude test. Directly i was given a set of technical questions.
4) Panel of three took technical interview.
5) Interview with Clients ( Again same technical interview)
6) Got Offer letter within 7 days.

Negotiation Details – If you are good then Money does not matters. But it will be as per Market Standards

Interviewed at CGI Group

Interview Details – Its an easy process. nothng to preapre much . just b confident

Negotiation Details – 60% u can easily get

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – 2 Technical round, Manager round, HR

Interview Question – Nothing much ... Core Java plus Web Service and JSF   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate properly

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring was done via the consultancy. They conducted written test of aptitude and objective programming in college. And finally asked to come to CGI bangalore office for interview for those who cleared the written test. There we had 3 round of technical interview and a HR round.

Interview Question – Asked lots of puzzle to every candidate.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – it was very straight forward,. Had a phone interview with HR and they called me for on site test.

Interview Question – It was not difficult question. explain what did you do in the past.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer from another employer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CGI Group Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by CGI Group employees and interview candidates.