CGI Group

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – On campus interview, easy personality questions. Nice recruiter knew the answers to most of my questions. Second round interview was at the Fairfax office and was unorganized. 2 out of 4 of the people interviewing me were unavailable. The other 2 interviews went well. Learned a lot about how the company is run. One of the two unavailable interviewers sent a replacement. The poor replacement had never done an interview before and had nothing prepared. But it gave me an honest look at that working there would look like.

Interview Question – Nothing complicated, easy technical questions nothing really to worry about. I defiantly over prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They seemed resistant to negotiating but ended up accepting my counter offer and let me pick my location.

Charlottesville, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had a preliminary interview on-campus at my university following a career fair. My interviewer was very friendly and the interview questions were straightforward. The interviewer asked me to share anecdotes illustrating how I would deal with different situations that might arise on the job. I am now waiting to hear back from them about having a more formal interview at their office.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you have had to deal with a difficult team member or partner.   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Applied online for position. Got call a 3 weeks later from someone asking to clarify what skills I put on my resume and if I have certain skills. I got a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview to meet with the technical leads of the project. It was a technical talk to get an understanding of what I knew and what I've done. I was asked to explain certain processes and concepts of software design and/or processes. Less than 2 hours after the interview, I received an offer on the phone. I had to submit a couple more forms to undergo the standard background checks and a college transcript to verify my education. Upon clearing background check (my choice), I agreed to show up for work.

Interview Question – Most difficult question were to explain client/server architecture. It wasn't very specific and a topic that can involve a lot of detail   Answer Question

Lebanon, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – The entire process began with a phone call and a quick technical interview(by the HR person to see if you meet the basic of requirements). After that I received and e-mail asking if I'd be able to come in for an in person interview. They provided me with a hotel and since I was close enough to drive they also offered to reimburse me for gas. Once I got there I found out that I was part of a group of around 30 individuals(which I wasn't aware of). They fed us a very nice dinner the night before, then the next morning we checked out of our hotels and drove in to the office for what was basically an entire day of interviews and presentations about the company. There were 3 interviews going over their core fundamentals(technical, functional and leadership skills) and after the day was over we were thanked for our time and sent on our merry way. It took about 3-4 weeks before I actually heard anything back from them but they offered a position so I was ecstatic.

Interview Question – What is Function Overloading?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Once I got the call, the HR lady explained that they wanted to make me an offer and then said how much my annual salary would be. Being that I had already been out of college for about 4 months and loathed my minimum wage job I quickly accepted. If you are in a similar situation as me, that being a college student being force to move back in with your parents to work a minimum wage job then you'll probably want to just accept the offer as well, because they have dozens of non-offered applicants that can fill your void if you were to try and fight for bigger pay or more vacation. Though I would suggest trying to get as much as you can for moving expenses, I under negotiated that bit and had to take out a personal loan just to have the cash to move.

Lebanon, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – My first interaction with CGI was at a career fair hosted by my university, which led to an on campus interview at my university. I got an email from a HR person about two weeks later asking me to come to a interview at CGI Federal's Lebanon, VA HQ. This consisted of a "Meet-and-Greet" dinner where about 20 other prospects gathered to eat and talk with current senior staff members. The next day we met at their HQ the day comprised of 3 interview (Analytical, Technical, and Leadership), a discussion panel with current employees, and a presentation from HR to give information on benefits. They said 3 to 4 weeks on call backs and I am coming up on 3 weeks since my interview.

Also a few notable things, they paid for everything hotel, dinner, gas, and reimbursement of rental car if needed. Very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• None of the technical questions where really hard. My technical interviewer asked me to write a method (my language of choice) to return a factorial of a give number. The other question consisted of basic SQL statements and joins.   Answer Question
  • Analytical interview kind of threw me off. The questions were a bit vague and dealt with how you organize information.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Recruiter asked basic technical questions, some behaviour, and experiences in the past.

Interview Question – Draw the business process in BPMN   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – Was booked for an interview.
I did not have to answer technical questions... My boss-to-be spoke about her family issues for most of the interview. She sized me up based on her own hidden criteria (and agenda), withing taking my qualifications and past experience into account.
I pretty much felt like an animal in a zoo.

Interview Question – No having any questions to answer was actually rather difficult. No one prepares for such extensive small talk before an interview...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negociation... the deal wwas that if I didn't take this job, I could pretty much expect getting fired.

Technical Consultant

The process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was called for a basic phone interview to determine my interest and willingness to relocate. After this interview, I was requested to do an onsite interview and was paid expenses to travel to the location. The interview consisted of a company presentation and then two one on one interviews. One interview was technical in nature while the other was more analytical.

Interview Question – What was the worst work experience you have had and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – Completed a pre-screening at my university's career office and received an invitation to come for an interview on site a couple weeks later. On site interview consisted of 3 thirty minute interviews with senior consultants who worked as technical people. Overall, the questions were pretty easy and asked where I saw myself, why I chose CGI Federal, and other personal questions in that vein.

Interview Questions

Technical Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – Company was very professional in their treatment of me. I had a 1:1 interview on campus which was a non-technical interview and then was invited up to their building for a half day of interviews. Two of those were behavioral and one was technical where I was asked some fairly basic brainteasers and math questions.

Interview Question – How many possible combinations of length k can you make with input of length n?   View Answer

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!