CGI Group Interview Questions in Washington, DC

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Crystal City, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CGI Group in August 2014.

I went through a panel of three interviewers that asked many simple questions and never heard back after the interview. I felt like the process was unorganized and the interviewers at the Crystal City office were not highly skilled at there areas of expertise. I believe the company prefers to hire college graduates rather than skilled experienced applicants.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

On campus interview, easy personality questions. Nice recruiter knew the answers to most of my questions. Second round interview was at the Fairfax office and was unorganized. 2 out of 4 of the people interviewing me were unavailable. The other 2 interviews went well. Learned a lot about how the company is run. One of the two unavailable interviewers sent a replacement. The poor replacement had never done an interview before and had nothing prepared. But it gave me an honest look at that working there would look like.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing complicated, easy technical questions nothing really to worry about. I defiantly over prepared.   Answer Question
    They seemed resistant to negotiating but ended up accepting my counter offer and let me pick my location.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

I was sent an email asking if I was interested in a position. Once I responded, a time for a phone interview was set up. From there, I had to fill out a form for my background check and clearance verification.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2014.

The hiring process is pretty rigorous and I had to go through 4 levels of interviews. Each of the interview was conducted by employees from different positions and levels and it gave an impression to the interviewee what type of company one can expect.

The interviews were pretty informal and was more of a conversation format rather than typical interview questions that aren't really relevant to a position. The company culture and environment seemed very friendly and amenable to an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected in the sense that the interviews were more conversational and it threw all the prep I had done out the window.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group.

Received a phone call about a position but when I received the email from HR is was totally different job. Interview process was easy.

Interview Questions

The crazies run the office

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at CGI Group.

Applied online for position. Got call a 3 weeks later from someone asking to clarify what skills I put on my resume and if I have certain skills. I got a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview to meet with the technical leads of the project. It was a technical talk to get an understanding of what I knew and what I've done. I was asked to explain certain processes and concepts of software design and/or processes. Less than 2 hours after the interview, I received an offer on the phone. I had to submit a couple more forms to undergo the standard background checks and a college transcript to verify my education. Upon clearing background check (my choice), I agreed to show up for work.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question were to explain client/server architecture. It wasn't very specific and a topic that can involve a lot of detail   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at CGI Group.

Applied online. A recruiter called about a month later. She and I had a good chat for about an hour. She said that the hiring manager would definitely want to speak to me. A phone call was set up with the hiring manager which went very well. She told me on the phone that I'd definitely move on to the next process. I interviewed with her boss at CGI's Fairfax office which went very well. The hiring manager emailed letting know that CGI recently merged and she wants me to interview with the VP who will be heading the entire HR operation at CGI. She said that an interview will be arranged soon. This went on for 3 months. Every time I emailed the hiring manager, she said that I'm still in the running. Then, with no prior heads up, I received an automated email notification from Taleo saying that the position is closed. I called the hiring manager, and left a voicemail. I got a nice email from her about a month later saying that I was too qualified for the job, and she's concerned that I would not be challenged enough.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

I started with a 30 minute interview on campus one on one just to get a sense of my skills and comforts. It mostly went over my resume and availability. There was no initial technical screening. Then there was a follow up on the phone briefly to invite me to me to an on campus interview. The on campus interview was done on a day with about 30 other candidates and I had three separate interviews with developers. They asked me questions about my experience and problem solving, but I never actually had to write any code in a technical interview sense

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions and there weren't very many were asking for programming concepts for specific languages like how inheritance works and object oriented design. There were no actual coding questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was optional. They were unwilling to meet other offers.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

First round is one interviewer, all easy informal behavorial interview questions. Next round is 3 interviews at the main office in Fairfax, VA. These questions are also easy and straight forward. The interviewers are all really nice and helpful, usually senior level consultants.

Interview Questions
    • If you apply for a technical position you will get techinical questions. Business Analyst get behavioral questions that are pretty straight forward and not difficult. One difficult question was describe one time you had to share the leadership role. How did you manage that.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

They had an interview at my college campus. They then emailed me for a second interview shortly after. The second interview session consisted of lunch, talking with young employees, and two interviews. The interviews were your basic Behavioral and were helpful for finding out what jobs the people serve.

We also had a tour of the facility. In all it was pretty simple. One of the interviewers hadn't ever interviewed people and pretty much followed the sheet with questions he had.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!