CGI Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty rigorous and I had to go through 4 levels of interviews. Each of the interview was conducted by employees from different positions and levels and it gave an impression to the interviewee what type of company one can expect.

The interviews were pretty informal and was more of a conversation format rather than typical interview questions that aren't really relevant to a position. The company culture and environment seemed very friendly and amenable to an employee.

Interview Question – Unexpected in the sense that the interviews were more conversational and it threw all the prep I had done out the window.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – I started with a 30 minute interview on campus one on one just to get a sense of my skills and comforts. It mostly went over my resume and availability. There was no initial technical screening. Then there was a follow up on the phone briefly to invite me to me to an on campus interview. The on campus interview was done on a day with about 30 other candidates and I had three separate interviews with developers. They asked me questions about my experience and problem solving, but I never actually had to write any code in a technical interview sense

Interview Question – The most difficult questions and there weren't very many were asking for programming concepts for specific languages like how inheritance works and object oriented design. There were no actual coding questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was optional. They were unwilling to meet other offers.

Very Easy Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Received a phone call about a position but when I received the email from HR is was totally different job. Interview process was easy.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The crazies run the office

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Applied online for position. Got call a 3 weeks later from someone asking to clarify what skills I put on my resume and if I have certain skills. I got a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview to meet with the technical leads of the project. It was a technical talk to get an understanding of what I knew and what I've done. I was asked to explain certain processes and concepts of software design and/or processes. Less than 2 hours after the interview, I received an offer on the phone. I had to submit a couple more forms to undergo the standard background checks and a college transcript to verify my education. Upon clearing background check (my choice), I agreed to show up for work.

Interview Question – Most difficult question were to explain client/server architecture. It wasn't very specific and a topic that can involve a lot of detail   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – Applied online. A recruiter called about a month later. She and I had a good chat for about an hour. She said that the hiring manager would definitely want to speak to me. A phone call was set up with the hiring manager which went very well. She told me on the phone that I'd definitely move on to the next process. I interviewed with her boss at CGI's Fairfax office which went very well. The hiring manager emailed letting know that CGI recently merged and she wants me to interview with the VP who will be heading the entire HR operation at CGI. She said that an interview will be arranged soon. This went on for 3 months. Every time I emailed the hiring manager, she said that I'm still in the running. Then, with no prior heads up, I received an automated email notification from Taleo saying that the position is closed. I called the hiring manager, and left a voicemail. I got a nice email from her about a month later saying that I was too qualified for the job, and she's concerned that I would not be challenged enough.

Consultant Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – They had an interview at my college campus. They then emailed me for a second interview shortly after. The second interview session consisted of lunch, talking with young employees, and two interviews. The interviews were your basic Behavioral and were helpful for finding out what jobs the people serve.

We also had a tour of the facility. In all it was pretty simple. One of the interviewers hadn't ever interviewed people and pretty much followed the sheet with questions he had.

Very Difficult Interview

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Accounts Payable Specialist
Fairfax, VA

I applied through other source - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – CGI acquired the company I was working for (Stanley Associates, Inc) and things for me started to go down hill. CGI acquired more companies and the new management did not think I was a good fit for the direction the accounting department was headed in, so I was dismissed.

Interview Question – Why was I terminated?   View Answer

Unix Systems Administrative Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CGI Group.

Interview Details – 1 face to face interview which lasted about 30 mins.

Interview Question – Tell us a mistake you made at work   View Answers (2)

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Chantilly, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview- it was more of a personality interview than technical. I was mostly explained about the position and company. Basic question of my resume and given opportunity to ask question.

Interview Question – irst round was simple, but second was really technical with programming question   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long and extremely weird. Unqualified people interviewing me.

Interview Question – How much do you make at your current job? Isn't this an HR Violation????   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hard stop. I didn't get much better.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CGI Group interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by CGI Group employees and interview candidates.