CGI Group Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.7

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Crystal City, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CGI Group in August 2014.

I went through a panel of three interviewers that asked many simple questions and never heard back after the interview. I felt like the process was unorganized and the interviewers at the Crystal City office were not highly skilled at there areas of expertise. I believe the company prefers to hire college graduates rather than skilled experienced applicants.

Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2011.

Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and handed over my résumé. Recruiter contacted me two weeks later and provided instructions for applying for a specific position we discussed at the fair. Contacted a week later asking to come in for an interview. Interviewed with three different people, 30 minutes each. Remained in the same room, and the interviewers made their rounds.

After the interviews, headed straight to my initial recruiter's office. She said my interviews went well and gave me an offer (all in same day).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?

Why do you want to work here?

Mainly skimmed through résumé and asked questions. Be sure you know your résumé well to discuss.
        Answer Question
    Little to no negotiation. Initial offer was $5K below the range I was shooting for. They finally bumped the initial offer by $1K.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2012.

One on campus interview with the HR recruiter and two on site interviews with two different employees. Rather than interviews, they were more like conversations basically trying to get to know what type of person you were and how what you had worked on in college would correlate to the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength and your worst weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

First round is one interviewer, all easy informal behavorial interview questions. Next round is 3 interviews at the main office in Fairfax, VA. These questions are also easy and straight forward. The interviewers are all really nice and helpful, usually senior level consultants.

Interview Questions
    • If you apply for a technical position you will get techinical questions. Business Analyst get behavioral questions that are pretty straight forward and not difficult. One difficult question was describe one time you had to share the leadership role. How did you manage that.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

On campus interview, easy personality questions. Nice recruiter knew the answers to most of my questions. Second round interview was at the Fairfax office and was unorganized. 2 out of 4 of the people interviewing me were unavailable. The other 2 interviews went well. Learned a lot about how the company is run. One of the two unavailable interviewers sent a replacement. The poor replacement had never done an interview before and had nothing prepared. But it gave me an honest look at that working there would look like.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing complicated, easy technical questions nothing really to worry about. I defiantly over prepared.   Answer Question
    They seemed resistant to negotiating but ended up accepting my counter offer and let me pick my location.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

I was sent an email asking if I was interested in a position. Once I responded, a time for a phone interview was set up. From there, I had to fill out a form for my background check and clearance verification.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2014.

The hiring process is pretty rigorous and I had to go through 4 levels of interviews. Each of the interview was conducted by employees from different positions and levels and it gave an impression to the interviewee what type of company one can expect.

The interviews were pretty informal and was more of a conversation format rather than typical interview questions that aren't really relevant to a position. The company culture and environment seemed very friendly and amenable to an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected in the sense that the interviews were more conversational and it threw all the prep I had done out the window.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013.

I started with a 30 minute interview on campus one on one just to get a sense of my skills and comforts. It mostly went over my resume and availability. There was no initial technical screening. Then there was a follow up on the phone briefly to invite me to me to an on campus interview. The on campus interview was done on a day with about 30 other candidates and I had three separate interviews with developers. They asked me questions about my experience and problem solving, but I never actually had to write any code in a technical interview sense

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions and there weren't very many were asking for programming concepts for specific languages like how inheritance works and object oriented design. There were no actual coding questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was optional. They were unwilling to meet other offers.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group.

Received a phone call about a position but when I received the email from HR is was totally different job. Interview process was easy.

Interview Questions

The crazies run the office

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at CGI Group.

Applied online for position. Got call a 3 weeks later from someone asking to clarify what skills I put on my resume and if I have certain skills. I got a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview to meet with the technical leads of the project. It was a technical talk to get an understanding of what I knew and what I've done. I was asked to explain certain processes and concepts of software design and/or processes. Less than 2 hours after the interview, I received an offer on the phone. I had to submit a couple more forms to undergo the standard background checks and a college transcript to verify my education. Upon clearing background check (my choice), I agreed to show up for work.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question were to explain client/server architecture. It wasn't very specific and a topic that can involve a lot of detail   Answer Question

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!