CGI Group Interview Questions in Washington, DC

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Unix Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CGI Group.

1 face to face interview which lasted about 30 mins.

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI Group in May 2013.

my initial communications were with the person who referred me to the open position. the position started off being just a junior level administrative assistant. i was able to parlay that into a higher level administrative position - project administrator. this position was a blank palate; i was going to have the opportunity to create it from scratch**.

i did a good deal of research about project administration, and what that position would entail on a general level. then i did a lot of research about the company, their recent successes/acquisitions, their field, and how a project administrator would fit into their mix.

the office was immaculate and very organized. crisp in color scheme, very modern look. people were friendly, and i was pointed in the right direction every step of the way. it's' important to be a little early to interviews here, because the executives schedules change around during the day. being there, in case they are ready to interview immediately, is a bonus. they look favorably on those who are always ready.

the work culture - i knew that the company would be busy, because they are in high demand and a big competitor in the IT industry. they are a HEAVY hitter. in my research, i found that CGI had just acquired logica - a european IT firm, with over 35k employees - which doubled their employee base. the executives who hired me were very impressed with the fact that i knew that. DO YOUR RESEARCH before you interview here. know their competitors, and if you can, know their most recent activity, or most significant activity. be sure to ask questions when asked "do you have any questions". interview them! engage in conversation and be friendly but focused.

i interviewed on a wednesday morning - i had a series of back to back interviews. i learned that in the past, they would conduct their series of interviews on different days, and with different people; but they recognized that turns people off from finishing the process, and it dwindles their number of prospects down tremendously. however, the series of interviews within the same day, takes a LOT of preparation - especially when you don't know exactly "who" you're interviewing with. so i had to be prepared for just about any question.

i interviewed with a total of 7 people - 3 of which were at the director/VP level, and who i would be working with directly. the other 4 were executive assistants who i would be occasionally working with to complete projects. the first three interviews were conducted separately, by each of the directors/VPs. each interview was 45 minutes long. the final interview was with the 4 executive assistants - and it was more a debriefing than a real interview. they wanted to know if i had specific questions about the position.

the entire process took about 4 hours. it was a long day. but i found out a few hours later that all 3 directors/VPs wrote long reviews about me, and wanted to hire me on the spot, but needed to confer with each other first. i was called the next morning and offered the position.

**there are other PAs in the company (i found out later), who work on one specific project at a time, on one client site.

Interview Questions
    • why would you be a good fit in this role, and where would you like to take it?   View Answer
    i didn't negotiate very well. i asked if the position would offer about $3k more than what was discussed, and i was told no. so i accepted the offer, and i still regret it. whatever you're offered here, if it's less than your minimum, be frank, and let them know that you're not able to accept their offer if the salary is less than your minimum. this is a huge company with a ton of financial resources - don't be afraid to stand your ground. i'm still struggling now, even after over a year of employment and providing them with experienced proof that i'm more than qualified to do what i do (and i've surprised them with my knowledge of certain processes), i have only gotten a scheduled raise of $2k (which is still $1k less than my minimum salary requirement - a slap in the face), and i do way more than what is listed on my requirements profile.

know your worth!

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI Group.

The process was straight forward. The initial interview was by phone. The second interview was in Fairfax and it tok approximately 3 hours. During that time I met with 3 key managers and spoke with them regarding the company and what my task would be within the company.

Interview Questions
    • N/A the conversation was pretty straight forward and flowed very smoothly.   View Answer
    I was fairly short due to the reason it was my first job out of college.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI Group in April 2013.

I got the first interview through my university's career center. The person I interviewed with was very nice and the interview seemed more like a conversation, which made things a lot less stressful. A few days later I got an email inviting me to an onsite interview.

During the onsite interview you go through a mini tour, debriefing, and two behavioral interviews. They also provide lunch and a panel of new hires to answer any questions applicants may have about the company. This part is "off the record" so your participation is not evaluated in the decision process. It is solely for the benefit of the applicant.

The interviews themselves were similar to the first interview, where the interviewer was very relaxed and conducted the interview as more of a conversation. They usually get back to you with a decision within two weeks.

Overall, interviewing with CGI Federal will probably be the most pleasant experience you will ever have!

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult to answer at all. The questions are designed so that your interviewer can better understand you and your personal brand.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CGI Group in March 2013.

I originally approached them at an on-campus career fair and was immediately granted an interview the next day after reviewing my resume. The interview was very casual and the question were either behavioral or related to my previous experience.

After some time, I was invited to their offices in Fairfax, VA for an on-site interview. I decided to go with the morning shift. There were several other college-aged students who were invited as well. The HR representatives took us on a quick tour of the offices and then reviewed the benefits and perks of CGI. We were then assigned to two 30 minute one-on-one interviews with consultants in the company. Most of the questions were behavioral. Some of the questions asked were very simple technical questions, such as "What is polymorphism?" and "How do you split a certain data structure?" After the two interviews, we were provided lunch and a panel of new hires who could answer any questions we had about the company. The panel of new hires did not factor into the company's decision to extend an offer or not.

It seems like the process depends on who you get to interview you. I originally thought one of the consultants didn't like me, but then I received a call saying that they would like to extend me an offer. There is no negotiation for entry level new hires. They will listen to your requests, but politely decline. You can only negotiate more time on your decision.

Interview Questions

I received another offer that I thought was more suited towards my interests.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI Group in March 2013.

On campus interview- it was more of a personality interview than technical. I was mostly explained about the position and company. Basic question of my resume and given opportunity to ask question.

Interview Questions
    • irst round was simple, but second was really technical with programming question   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI Group.

very chill interview on campus with an alum, then an onsite interview with two people from different project teams. One seemed very uninterested in the answers, other seemed more lively. Both were nice. Lunch was provided with a panel of new hires for a Q&A before the interviews began.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation but the offer was decent.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CGI Group in December 2012.

I was contacted by recruiter. They found my resume on Monster and they asked me if I was interested. I went to the interview 2 days later and received offer 2 days after interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are straight forward, they went through the job responsibilities and only asked me to explained what I did in my previous position.   Answer Question

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

First round interview on campus, following two 30 minute interviews at the CGI building in Fairfax, VA

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult, a few technical questions, mostly behavioral   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

The process was not to bad. All I had to do was a behavioral interview at my college and then two ones at their office in Fairfax. No case studies. Seems like a lot of young friendly people. and the atmosphere is relaxed.

Interview Questions
    yeah I would try to negotiate