CGI Group Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

2.7

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2009.

Interview process began with a phone interview that took roughly 30 minutes, after than an appointment date was set for the in person interview at the CGI Federal location in Fairfax, VA. Interview was set for 1pm on a Friday. The set was, a lunch with other potential employees and current staff (about 30 minutes), then 3 separate interviews with a senior manager, manager, and senior consultant. After all three interviews, the HR representative asks about the interview process and asks about salary expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. I was asked questions about school and previous work experiences.   Answer Question
    Coming out of college, I was excited to get an offer for a job before graduation, I accepted the offer and did not negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CGI Group in September 2011.

I interviewed on my campus in September 2011. There was one 30-minute interview that was basic interview material and resume review. They extended an invitation for a site visit in November, where I had two more 30-min interviews that were again just basic behavior and resume reviews, in addition to lunch and time with the recruiters. I received my offer about two weeks after that and was given two weeks plus one extension to consider signing.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate other than getting an extension on making my decision.

Legislative and Public Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

Interview process was fine. Person called scheduled a time. Questions during interview were straight forward. Unfortunately the HR person was not forthcoming with next steps. She told me that I was a good fit for the job but she did not return calls or emails after the interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CGI Group in December 2012.

I was contacted by recruiter. They found my resume on Monster and they asked me if I was interested. I went to the interview 2 days later and received offer 2 days after interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are straight forward, they went through the job responsibilities and only asked me to explained what I did in my previous position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

The process was not to bad. All I had to do was a behavioral interview at my college and then two ones at their office in Fairfax. No case studies. Seems like a lot of young friendly people. and the atmosphere is relaxed.

Interview Questions
    yeah I would try to negotiate

Entry Level IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

I had my resume posted on my college's career site and received an email from the CGI recruiter requesting an interview. I went through my school's site to schedule an on campus interview. The interview was originally scheduled on the Monday that hurricane Sandy hit, so it ended up being pushed back a week. My interviewer said that he was not normally the one that did the initial screening but was here due to the rescheduling and would not be asking typical interview questions. The position I was interviewing for was a technical position, but most of the questions just had to do with the company. I came away feeling like I knew a lot about the company and he knew a lot about me, but not about the technical skills that I could bring. He did not have a business card on him at the time so I wasn't able to pursue further contact after the interview and have not heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions asked during the interview, it was mostly about what I was looking for.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group.

very chill interview on campus with an alum, then an onsite interview with two people from different project teams. One seemed very uninterested in the answers, other seemed more lively. Both were nice. Lunch was provided with a panel of new hires for a Q&A before the interviews began.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation but the offer was decent.

Entry Level IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2012.

Applied through on-campus recruiting & made it through to first-round interviews. Thought I completely bombed the interview - didn't have good chemistry with the interviewer, who basically read off questions on a list (non-stop behavioral questions) & didn't seem like she wanted to be there. Invited to second round interviews at their office. Started off with a nice luncheon and group panel of recent college hires to answer questions. Afterwards, had a brief office tour & 2 30-min. interviews with a consultant and manager. Went through resume with consultant, while manager asked more tricky questions. Not bad experience.

Interview Questions
    • What's something cool that you did in the last 6 or 8 months?
      That deadline question that someone posted earlier.
        Answer Question

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

First round interview on campus, following two 30 minute interviews at the CGI building in Fairfax, VA

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult, a few technical questions, mostly behavioral   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2012.

Applied online through my college network and got into an on-campus interview. The interviewer was an alumni and we talked about classes. It consisted of a half hour of mostly behavioral questions.

Then moved up to the onsite interview in Herndon. They showed us around the building and got about 6-7 consultants for us to ask anything. Then it came down to two 40 minute interviews. Once again they were mostly behavioral questions. Very friendly people.

Heard back from them the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral, working with lazy coworkers, challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Declined because I received another offer from a similar company that I felt a better fit in.