CGI Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Systems Analyst/Consultant Interview

Senior Systems Analyst/Consultant
Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in July 2008.

Interview Details – Company was acquired by CGI Federal, so no choice. Initial hire was through a contact.

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a laid back on-campus interview. About two weeks later I was invited to on-site interviews. I had 3 interviews with managers who were very easy going.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which your integrity was called into question.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Entry Level Software Developer
Fairfax, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was called for the interview about a couple of months after applying online, had actually forgotten that i had even applied. When they called they asked me if i would like to come in for interview. I went for an interview about two days later. When i got there i was taken to office by an HR rep and I met with one of the first three managers. He was a pretty laid back guy he went through my resume and asked about the technical skills on resume and the programming projects i had worked on in school. The other managers that interviewed me also preceded to ask about my resume. They also answered all the question i had for them and told what it was like to work for the company. Overall the interviews were pretty relaxed. About two days later I was offer the positions.

Interview Question – i was just asked to give more details on the projects I worked on while i was in school.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fairfax, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, on site interview. The company was looking for someone to be in a leadership position. They asked many general and job specific questions pertaining to job skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – HR is very good at negotiating salaries. Be sure to have a cut off point for yourself.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of 1:1 interview. Interviewed about my previous work experience and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – None. All the questions were general to Business Analyst position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were pretty open to negotiation. Research market salaries before negotiating. Depends on your work experience and how good they like the candidate.

SOA Architect Interview

SOA Architect
Fairfax, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview lasted an hour and half and was straightforward and the interviewers were very good in asking decent questions.

Interview Question – How do you make sure security is taken into account when dealing with federal clients   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Fairfax, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at CGI Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – Straight forward behavioral interview process.

All they really wanted to see was that you are capable and have a interest in technology.

Interview Question – Describe ANOTHER time you worked in a bad team environment.   Answer Question

Consultant - Intern Interview

Consultant - Intern
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had my first interview on my college campus. It was basically a technical screening to see if I actually knew anything related to the nature of the work the job would entail. After the first interview I was invited to CGI Federal headquarters for a second round of interviews. I had three 1:1 interviews with three project managers who asked me about previous projects, skills and why I wanted to work at CGI. About 3 weeks later I got the offer through a phone call and accepted.

Interview Question – What is our favorite project you have worked on and why? What did you do for this project?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The position was only for the summer, so it was non-negotiable.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CGI Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – I'm sure this isn't conducive to all their hiring fairs; at least that's what I'd like to think. I was called to a company hiring fair but was offered very little detail as to what job I was interviewing for, who the client was, and what the contract would be. When I arrived the person interviewing me was there helping out the lead recruiter and also had very little information to offer regarding what the job was, what it entailed, and how long the overall process would be. The interview was very, very, very vague using general questions like "describe your weaknesses and how you're working on them" and "describe a time you had to stand up for your work". The work environment seemed to be very lax and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to defend your work. How did it work out?   Answer Question
  • If your previous bosses had to describe you in three words, what would they be?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided to decline the offer because I simply wasn't given enough information. Granted, it was a contingent job offer and not a full fledged one but I felt all the mystery, mystique and general confusion involved with the hiring process was enough of a sign that this wouldn't be the right job for me. If they cannot tell me what my job will be, when I will start it or other basics during the initial hiring process then what can I expect when I'm fully on board? I just didn't get a good feeling about it at all.

Functional Analyst Interview

Functional Analyst
Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had multiple phone interviews before meeting in person for 3 1:1 interviews in the office. Following this, I had more phone interviews and was asked to come back for a second round of in person meetings. I was told that they were waiting on a particular contract award and that they would be in touch, but I never heard anything from them after a brief email exchange with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – What could you bring to the table in our business development efforts with this client?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI Group