CGI Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX).

Interview

All day affair. Group meeting with three individual interviews. One technical. They did reimburse me gas money and some others stayed in hotels. Several different positions being interviewed. There was no phone screening, just called and asked for a whole day. Spent most of the hearing why the company is great, first from an exec then from HR rep. Provided lunch with current employees, some of whom seemed less than eager to talk to us in exchange for their deli sandwich. Then three interviews and a long drive home.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns whether or not a number is prime.   1 Answer

Secretary III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Hired thru phone, offer a offer of employment, but the background process is forever. It's been 4 months and I'm still waiting for the background / clearance process. I contact the different department that was helping me and no response

Cloud Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

It began with a phone interview. It was then followed up by 2 face to face interview and initial background check. Once hired, you undergo another security interview to obtain a clearance.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Slow process, took about 5 months to get a final round interview. Questions were very generic straight off top 50 most common questions. Two interviews which took a total or an hour or so.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Addison, TX).

Interview

Interviewer had 4 or 5 pages with a list of questions. This was the second interview I was going on and knew that this was a formal process used by CGI.

Interview Questions

• basic, weaknesses, strengths   1 Answer

C Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI (Edmond, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

I started with a phone interview with the hiring manager, then in person with the team lead and hiring manager the next week, quickly followed by a phone interview with their regional director, and received an offer later the same day. It was very professional, quick, and painless. The specific project wasn't overly interesting, but it was fairly well laid out and maintainable. Certainly something I could get comfortable with. I felt like I would get along well with the team. Ultimately I declined the offer because I received an offer for another position that was a better fit.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked about my programming experience and experience with antiquated equipment.   1 Answer

Contracts Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CGI in July 2015.

Interview

They asked basic questions about my work history, education etc, the normals. They spent a lot of time describing the position. They also gave a written assessment, which was a waste of time since they said that what their department did could not be taught in school. I never heard back, called recruiter never returned my call, not even an email thanking me for my time-Kinda unprofessional.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a brief interview over the phone. Then called into the office for a formal interview with 3 managers. All were different types of managers (Solutions Manager, Technical Manager, and Functional Manager) ask a few questions from each and then received a call after all interviews were done and offered a position.

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions with some basic technical questions. Overall the person that interview me was pretty nice and I felt like there was no pressure on the interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview and an in-person interview. Pretty typical in most aspects. The phone interview was mostly technical questions and lasted about 20 minutes. The in-person interview was with management and lasted about 15 minutes. Offer was made quickly after last interview, within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are the FSMO roles and what is a tool you can use to manage them?   Answer Question