CGI

Updated Feb 28, 2015
Updated Feb 28, 2015

2.8

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI.

I signed up for an interview online through the university website, and they contacted me and offered me an interview. At the scheduled time, the interview began, and I was asked to sign a paper stating that I could legally work in the US. Then, they asked questions and took notes on my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you and a teammate had a disagreement, and how did you resolve this disagreement.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI.

I got the interview just the day after the college career fair. And the interview was hold on campus on one-on-one base. Questions were basic behavioral. Things like walk through your resume, and strengths and weaknesses.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI.

The entire process was very easy and straightforward. The interviewer asked standard interview questions. Overall, the process was smooth. Also, the interviewer asked some behavioral questions towards the end of the interview to see how I would react in that situation. Mostly, the interviewer wanted to see how I approach a problem/difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time when you had issues with a coworker and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI in February 2015.

The interview was very good and was real laid back. I wasnt nervous at all because of how friendly the interviewer was. It was also very smooth. He didnt put pressure on me at all. Just a great experience

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI.

Applied via website. About 5 days later, I received a call from a recruiter. The recruiter asked experience questions to make sure I fit the job requirements; she also told me about the company including history, benefits, job location and hours but no specifics on the position. She set up a phone interview with the hiring manager later on that week. My phone interview with the hiring manager lasted about an hour, where we discussed position/project details. My knowledge of the application was questioned as well as some general accounting and behavioral questions. My 2nd phone interview was the next day, with the same hiring manager and another manager. The other manager asked more personality/behavioral questions. Both interviews were very relaxed, not stressful at all. I received an offer by the recruiter that same day, as well as a written offer.

I did not negotiate

Junior Java Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CGI in January 2015.

After the recruiter I was conversing with referred me to another recruiter, I was able to get an interview two days later. I talked to two interviewers, one face-to-face and the other on the phone. It was pretty basic, they just ran through my resume and asked me about my relevant coursework since I was a recent college grad.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. They were common interviewing questions like strengths, weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI in January 2015.

Met CGI Consulting at my school's career fair. Did on campus interview the next day. Recruiter was friendly, an alumni of my school. Interview was laidback. Asked what was the most challenging thing I've done in the past few years, describe an unpleasant experience with coworker, why I'm interested in the position, when was a time I had many choices and why did I pick the one I did, what was the process behind how I chose my school and major. The interview felt like a conversation. The interviewer was only few years older than me so the vibe felt casual. I answered confidently and moved onto second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had many options available and why did you go with the one you did?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI.

After my initial contact at a recruitment fair, I was invited for the first day of a one 1-on-1 interview. On the second day, I had 3 separate 1-on-1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Share about a time in work or school where you made a decision that benefited the company/team/group and had tangible and lasting results.   Answer Question
    Still negotiating

Consultant Interview

It was an organized process that involved interviewing with 3 different managers for about 30-45 minutes each. Part of the interviews were conversational and the rest was answering fairly standard questions about my background, experience, skills, etc. I had applied online and their HR reps scheduled these interview meetings. I was also given an opportunity to ask questions about the position, which was very helpful. Overall, everything went very smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where your were not given sufficient details about a project and explain what you did to "fill in the blanks" to get the project completed.   Answer Question
    They made a fair offer and were firm with it. No further negotiations were allowed.

Consultant Interview

Applied on the university career site and interviewed on campus within a month. Interviewed by two different people, very intense and asked various questions. Was asked about my leadership experience and working with groups. It was obvious that being able to work well in a group was important for the position because many of the questions focused on that. Think quickly and answer questions as specifically as possible. One of my hardest interviews to date.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me difficult questions on different problem solving.   Answer Question