CGI Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a brief interview over the phone. Then called into the office for a formal interview with 3 managers. All were different types of managers (Solutions Manager, Technical Manager, and Functional Manager) ask a few questions from each and then received a call after all interviews were done and offered a position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions with some basic technical questions. Overall the person that interview me was pretty nice and I felt like there was no pressure on the interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview and an in-person interview. Pretty typical in most aspects. The phone interview was mostly technical questions and lasted about 20 minutes. The in-person interview was with management and lasted about 15 minutes. Offer was made quickly after last interview, within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are the FSMO roles and what is a tool you can use to manage them?   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at CGI.

Interview

After introductions, it was a group panel interview that briefly discussed current roles and responsibilities, what they need help working on, and what direction they're striving for. The interview was about an hour long that ranged from policies, procedures, as well as some technical questions and questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Ask questions about positions enterprise architect capability and to be model based on scenario   1 Answer

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI (Alexandria, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

bunch or emails a lot of waiting a frantic sched to go and get a phone call set up which took another few days 2 women reading from prepared questions, did not listen to full answers, did not like the responses, but it at 15 mins, waste of time i believe the 2 DBAs on the phone knew if i came there i would say they were too close to the developers and not doing their jobs

Interview Questions

• how do profiles differ from SPM   1 Answer

Software Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CGI (Trenton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I just applied through online with employee referral. It takes one week to review my application. First HR interview is done through phone call. Then, they scheduled for Technical interview. They focused on SQL queries and knowledge on test scripts.It is a friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• They gave me couple of tables and 5 questions and asked me to writes queries.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with senior recruiter coordination done via email with the recruiter at her initiation. Recruiter pleasant and professional! Interview was preliminary filtering interview prior to in-person interview for final hire decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself? What projects have you managed? What is your SDLC experience? Be detailed. What are your strengths as a project manager? What questions do you have forme?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at CGI.

Interview

No interview really, I talked with the account manager that was in contact with the client, they needed someone right away. The hiring director found my resume online and asked me some questions about my experience as web developer, I had a number of years and described them. It was an easy interview and nothing specific.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with ColdFusion?   1 Answer

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I gave them my resume at their booth at a career fair. I received an email a week later from HR asking to set up 3 phone interviews within the next few days. The questions were primarily behavioral and less on the technology side. I think they were just trying to gauge how you would fit on the team on a personal level, such as whether or not you'd be fun or easy to work with and if you would generate any problems with the team and if you were a team player. HR was quick to respond to emails and the interviewers were calm and nice. I'd say it was a pleasant experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What are the two best qualities a team leader should have and why? What kind of test code do you run on your programs and how do you think them up?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with a recruiter after a campus college fair. He told me right away that I would be contacted for the next steps. The next round was an on-site interview with 3 individuals working on different projects. The first two went really well, but the last one told me directly that he had a hard time envisioning me "excited about what I would be working on at CGI." Whether that was a tactic used to tell me to try and convince him that I really wanted the position, or if he was just being straightforward, I only really learned exactly about the role and expectations during that interview process and felt that he was probably right.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where I had to share a leadership position   Answer Question