CGI

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

Junior IT Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Applied through my university and was accepted for an interview. The interview was simply going through my resume. The CGI employee asked me a few behavioral questions but for the most part it was conversational. Know a little about CGI because they will ask you that question. Also, they asked me to name a time i had multiple options to solve a problem and had to choose one. If you get accepted to the next round, they invite you to their office in Lebanon Virginia where you interview with a functional, technical, and management teams.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time you had multiple options to solve a problem and how did you choose it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Initial application through campus recruiting, first round interview on campus with a company representative. Received offer for second round interview at a CGI location about a week later. Pretty standard behavioral interviews with two managers after a quick brief on the company and a lunch with recent graduates to answer any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to share a leadership position   Answer Question

Entry Level Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI.

Standard Behavioral interview. Just asked typical questions like: What do you know about the company. What are you strengths weaknesses. Describe a project where you had to take over a leadership role.

Consultant Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CGI in October 2014.

I met with CGI representatives at my university's career fair. The following week I attended their information session at my university. A week later I had an on-campus interview. A week and a half past and I had my technical and behavioral interview on the same day. Finally two and a half weeks went by and they made me an offer. The representative at CGI were very nice and helpful through this whole process.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a member in a group that is not doing their share?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I began by meeting a recruiter at my college. The overall communication and process went fairly quick. I had an interview 1 week after meeting them. Then final round interviews in Fairfax about 2 weeks after that. After interviews I heard back in 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were "how would you handle this situation" type of questions.   View Answer

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI in October 2014.

Started out with recruitment on the college campus. Then a follow-up interview on the phone after submission of my resume. Then a corporate presentation on the company. Broke up into three one-on-one interviews. Had lunch while talking with recent recruits about company culture. Finished with another presentation on benefits of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing overly difficult or unexpected. Just the basic questions such as where you see yourself in five years, what kind of impact do you think you will have on the company, etc.   Answer Question

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CGI in October 2014.

The CGI recruiters attended our college employer showcase on campus. There were two of them and the setting was relaxed and enjoyable. Since it was early in the morning, there were only a few students and we had the opportunity for some good one on one conversations with both of them. She reviewed my resume and said to expect an email in a couple of days. Received an email the next day requesting a phone interview. Set up the time for the phone interview and she called exactly at the time specified. The interview went smoothly recapping some of the topics discussed in person, with some additional questions technical and personal.

Interview Questions
    • When you are talking to someone about a technical problem and the person does not understand technical jargon, what approach do you take to communicate to someone who may not understand technical language?   View Answer

Entry Level Bus Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CGI in October 2014.

Started with a 1:1 behavioral interview on campus. More or less to see if you are likable, I feel. About a week later I got invited to their offices for round 2. That consisted of three interviews in the morning. Mostly behavioral with alittle bit of technical thrown in to see if you had a baseline of applicable knowledge. The afternoon was spent with a panel to answer any questions and a power point going over benefits. I got an offer two weeks later.

IT Consultant Interview

There is a two part interview process. Interviewed one was on campus, and the interviewer asked about previous experiences. I was asked some behavioral questions I believe to see if I could fit into the corporate culture. For example what do you do when you have an issue with a fellow employee/team member. I was asked to do a for loop in any programming language and about the software and development life cycle process.

Interview Questions

pay was lower than other offers

Senior Consultant Interview

Was contacted by HR department regarding my resume posted on a public website -- conversation led to discussing job description and then scheduling a follow up phone interview to discuss previous experience. Was then flown to project site to meet with 3 managers, 1 behavioral type of conversation and 2 interviews focusing on process and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Had not worked with offshore delivery teams -- stated so and chose to answer the question with a hypothetical list of pro's and con's.   Answer Question
    Tough but was able to get +4k.