CGI Junior IT Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

2.6

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions with some basic technical questions. Overall the person that interview me was pretty nice and I felt like there was no pressure on the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I gave them my resume at their booth at a career fair. I received an email a week later from HR asking to set up 3 phone interviews within the next few days. The questions were primarily behavioral and less on the technology side. I think they were just trying to gauge how you would fit on the team on a personal level, such as whether or not you'd be fun or easy to work with and if you would generate any problems with the team and if you were a team player. HR was quick to respond to emails and the interviewers were calm and nice. I'd say it was a pleasant experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What are the two best qualities a team leader should have and why? What kind of test code do you run on your programs and how do you think them up?   Answer Question

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Interview

Applied through my university and was accepted for an interview. The interview was simply going through my resume. The CGI employee asked me a few behavioral questions but for the most part it was conversational. Know a little about CGI because they will ask you that question. Also, they asked me to name a time i had multiple options to solve a problem and had to choose one. If you get accepted to the next round, they invite you to their office in Lebanon Virginia where you interview with a functional, technical, and management teams.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had multiple options to solve a problem and how did you choose it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

They had a group presentation with a basic overview of the company. This followed with a Q & A with three younger employees who all had good things to say about the company. The flexible hours seem to be pretty hyped up. Hotel/Travel is paid for. Interview process consist of three separate interviews: a leadership, technical, and analytical. I was pretty impressed with everything in general other than the geographic location of the office. Other than that this seems like it would be a great company to start of at for an IT Consultant.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would settle a dispute between two employees you supervised.   Answer Question

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CGI (Lisbon (Portugal)) in January 2015.

Interview

Nicely done and super relaxed. An interview done through skype. I liked it and I have no objections. The process was not very clear at some times but on other times it was. You never knew, what was going to happen next.

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CGI in October 2011.

Interview

Review of Initial Interview The interviewer was somewhat following a script but the interview was still mostly conversational. The interviewer was pleasant and energetic. This was a get to know the candidate interview and question were of the how do you deal with conflict, have you ever lead a team, why are you a good fit for this job, etc. The last several minutes of the interview were dedicated to questions I had. Overall the interview was a very pleasant experience and I got invited to a second round of interviews.

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI in March 2011.

Interview

Initial contact was through my university's career fair. After that I had a phone interview. Basic behavioral questions, thirty minutes long, really friendly, young and laid back interviewer. Was invited to interview on campus. Everything was paid for: meals, hotel, gas, and mileage. Was given three one on one interviews (technical, analytical, leadership). Really friendly interviewers, was more like a discussion. However, i was not interested in the Appalachian community surrounding it.